pop quiz

Started by alacazar, May 28, 2004, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alacazar

you need to attack a large empire who outnumbers you enough that a standard attack faills, as well as has enough leaders that espionage failed.      he has tripple your land and just enough net worth that if you devalue yourself with another failed attack, you loose 3% troops per attack.  

resuts from the attack are:
attack failed  you loose
100,000 rats
200,000 weasles
50,000 stoats
80,000 skiffs

he looses
200,000 rats
100,000 weasles
45,000 stoats
50,000 skiffs

Your next attack sucseeds, how did you break him
alacazar

Aqualis

A successful "Flank" formation.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

alacazar

that may work but its not a garontee...

calria

Check the news etc and see how other people have attacked him, then use that data, and/or go for broke, sell all your food and buy rats, and hit him hard that way.

Nohcnonk

You could get a few more skiffs, and do a Naval, or you could get a few more stoats and use Frontal... that could work.

Naltaca

It all depends. You look at him and see what he uses to attack and is broken by commonly. Then you use that troop type and you could set the percents 70% 10% 10% 10% to be sure to break him at least once. You could also do 40 30 10 10 and see about breaking him and if that works than try 35 35 10 10 and eventually you will wear him down so you can break with all four groups. You will want to make sure he has much land though otherwise you won't get much.
COOL STORY BRO

joshiewoshiehasagun

if he has 3 times the land and just enough nw to devalue your troops by 3% then he is obviously landfat, but does not use guard towers.
he lost more defensive points in your first attack than you lost offensive points, going by that, it could have been just enough to knock the his defence points to just below 95% of your offensive points, making a standard attack applicable.
duh.

Juska

You get your buddy to murder him into the ground. You buy troops, you forget evenly spread troops and go 100% rats. Who cares.

That's right I've spoken.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Naltaca

Quote from: JuskaYou get your buddy to murder him into the ground. You buy troops, you forget evenly spread troops and go 100% rats. Who cares.

You never buy evenly spread troops in the first place unless you want to defend. No offense to you Juska, but I'm just sayin.
COOL STORY BRO

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Naltaca
Quote from: JuskaYou get your buddy to murder him into the ground. You buy troops, you forget evenly spread troops and go 100% rats. Who cares.

You never buy evenly spread troops in the first place unless you want to defend. No offense to you Juska, but I'm just sayin.
Er, I think that's what she meant, though it was a little confusing...

Naltaca

Yeah, I knew that was what she meant but she was referring to it as the public generally buys evenly spread troops rather than going 100% of one troop type. Anyone who wants to take land needs to go 100% of a troop type unless they have the resources to do stoats and rats incase if you can't break with one then you can break with the other.
COOL STORY BRO

calria

If you mass well enough, you only have to go 75/5/10/10, which gives you a semi-decent defensive line. I never go straight 100 as a way of life.

~>John<~

I usually will do some 100% rat, then 8 12 55 25
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

alacazar

It seems that most are correct,  but with the info given  and assuming your not doing anything fancy th prize goes to Nohcnonk skiffs may break him,   stoats will.  The rest of the ideas work as well, but take more planning and reseach that i do most of the time  unless i realy want to break you and cant figure out how ;)

alacazar  

Nohcnonk

Quote from: alacazarIt seems that most are correct,  but with the info given  and assuming your not doing anything fancy th prize goes to Nohcnonk skiffs may break him,   stoats will.  The rest of the ideas work as well, but take more planning and reseach that i do most of the time  unless i realy want to break you and cant figure out how ;)

alacazar

That's what I thought. :P