Real Life Money and Prices

Started by Drunkey, May 22, 2004, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkey

kk,this game's armies and money should be more realistic.ppl who have like $100 billion,who in the world has $100 billion?this game is about rats,weasels and so on.do animals have $100 billion in their treasury?no they don't!in this game $100,000 should be alot just like in real life not $100 billion.for example rats should be sold for like $20 on the market,weasels $40,stoats $50,and skiffs $100.also ppl owning around 50,000,000 rats?thats a whole country for pete sakes.this game should be more realistic cuz it would way more better.

Cindarin

Drunkey... this game is based on a series written by Brian Jaques (forgive me if I spelt his name wrong for those fo you that are really into it).  This game is not based on real life, it is based on a fantasy world which came from this writters mind and the programming skills of Retto.  As well many aspects of this game come from the ideas of many of the older members so in that sence you should just keep it down and enjoy the game.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Peace Alliance

Actually Cindarin, the game was written to be based on real life. With footsoldiers and stuff. Thats was the original Promisance games.

Then Boze changed it all around to use the Redwall characters and settings.

Drunkey, the game is stratagy, not reality. I'd also like to add, that someone with 100 billion dollars would be quite strong in this game, whereas the US army has WAY more then 100 billion dollars. Heck, they threw away 90 billion for the war like it was pocket money, i'm sure much more then that has been spent by now. So... there.....ya.... :-p. tought luck

Juby (Tercios)

and way back when, 1 billion was a huge amount of money wasn't it?  So it's pretty realistic in that the whole world economies are growing.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Peace Alliance

thats actually quite irrelovent. People just didn't mass resources back then. Back then the game was more balenced.

Nohcnonk

Drunkey

Alright someone got into my acount. I did not put that on there! :angry:  

Nohcnonk

No... you were talking to me about it... :lol:  

Sonoras

Quote from: Peace Alliance

Drunkey, the game is stratagy, not reality. I'd also like to add, that someone with 100 billion dollars would be quite strong in this game, whereas the US army has WAY more then 100 billion dollars. Heck, they threw away 90 billion for the war like it was pocket money, i'm sure much more then that has been spent by now. So... there.....ya.... :-p. tought luck
I've heard they spend 1000 dollars a second!

QuoteNo... you were talking to me about it...

Back at you, Drunkey!

joshiewoshiehasagun

exactly, peace gg'd all of you.

where do you think the inspiration for war and economics comes from?! do you think it's a fairy tale?! make belief is an extension to reality!
+ this game is barely make belief, in fact, the budgets are rather low compared to real life, where the REAL power houses have LOTS of cash.  and farmers(named by me ( hpr's? a term dubbed by calria i do believe ) are like canada, useless when it come sto public relations, but a ... on the forums

calria

Actually, it was Raggy who dubbed the term "hpr," but thanks anyway.

As far as the economy on RWL is, let us remember that this isn't necessarily in terms of any currency currently on the planet. Just as everything else, it's in terms of Redwallia, and therefore must be considered as such. Also, let us remember that when we buy troops, we are paying for the life of a soldier, not their monthly pay package or whatever. That's worth considerably more.

joshiewoshiehasagun

The life of a soldier is worthless to anyone other than the soldier.  The amount you pay for the soldier is for his/her training, not their lives.  We deal in trade, not slavery.

Nohcnonk

I'm pretty sure that she meant that... ;)

Fun For None

Quote from: Drunkeykk,this game's armies and money should be more realistic.ppl who have like $100 billion,who in the world has $100 billion?this game is about rats,weasels and so on.do animals have $100 billion in their treasury?no they don't!in this game $100,000 should be alot just like in real life not $100 billion.for example rats should be sold for like $20 on the market,weasels $40,stoats $50,and skiffs $100.also ppl owning around 50,000,000 rats?thats a whole country for pete sakes.this game should be more realistic cuz it would way more better.
Brilliant.

kk.

The armored rat legions and weasel defenses should certainly be more realistic. Why aren't Guard Towers built to scale?

Jeez.

Veranor

Yeah it's training... you still have to pay a maintenance fee on them every turn don't you?

Quotethats a whole country for pete sakes

1. Don't say for pete sakes.
2. You're SUPPOSED to be a nation aren't you? I mean it's more like a tyrannical dictatorship warbandish thing... but it's still like a country.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org