Old Topics

Started by Ruatine, May 16, 2004, 07:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

The resurrection of old topics can be fun for nostalgic purposes, but it gets very annoying after awhile. If you want to read the posts from more than a month ago, go right ahead, but please don't post in any topic where the last post is from more than a month ago. I'm sure there's just as much to talk about now as there was back then. Try creating some new topics!
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Wildwood

How is it annoying?  Does it annoy you just to see an old topic?  
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

IFman

it is annoying because they're cluttering up the forums
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Rastapopoulos

Wildwood, stop being so "contrary" (Would really like to use other words, but won't).

It should be perfectly obvious to you why it gets annoying, and if it isn't, then you don't belong at this kind of forum.
Coming soon . . .

the     n.W.o

Ashyra Nightwing

It's annoying, because we've seen these topics before..

Nohcnonk

And most don't mean anything anymore...

Peace Alliance

QuoteWildwood, stop being so "contrary" (Would really like to use other words, but won't).
Ok, my eyes just went HUGE with that statement. How dare you tell someone that? MY goodness that was by far the most closed minded thing i think i've EVER heard in my entire life!! Stop being contraty??? How could you tell someone that? Not only is it their right to have free thoughts, but one of the most important things in the entire world is people who are "contrary".  *shakes head* i can't believe you said that.

Anyways, Tauf, when i find another old topic i like, i'll being it back. Simply because i think that they aren't always brought back for nastalgic purposes. I brought back most of those "old topics" because i had something to add to them, and it wasn't just "ahh, the good 'ol days". This lil rule you just made makes no sense.

If you guys really think its THAT annoying, then put all the old topics on a different forum to be looked at, or lock them after a month of no replys or something. Your not gonna though, 'cause your just doing this because your stuck up.

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

user posted image

Nohcnonk

*agrees with Peace, but agrees with Rasta more*

I don't think contraty is the best word for it.  It seems like he's being adverse just to annoy people even more.  It does annoy people when all these old topics are brought up.  That's the whole point.

Wildwood

Just telling everyone what I think.

user posted image

Ruatine

There's been a huge rash of bringing dead topics back to life. This has never been acceptable, nor is it acceptable now. The topics that have been brought back have nothing to do with present circumstances. If the topics were applicable to something that is going on in the present it would be different. In most of the topics that have been brought back there is nothing constructive said, just bickering over why it was brought back to life. You said yourself that you bring back dead topics because you like to see people post in them like they're new topics.
QuoteYour not gonna though, 'cause your just doing this because your stuck up.
*is very amused* I see no connection between someone being stuck up and someone getting annoyed by people bringing up old, dead topics that have nothing to do with the present. Your accusation makes no sense whatsoever.
Quotewhen i find another old topic i like, i'll being it back
If you think that's a good policy to follow, go ahead, but you'll likely find yourself gagged.

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Cindarin

Well that's your opinion.  This is mine:

I find some of these older topics mroe interesting then the ones we have going now.  Most of the older topics actually dealt with the game.  I mean the topic about Cal going to see Ad in GD was Extremely anoying.  Not only did it have nothing to do with the game it had something to do with something I care absolutely nothing about.  So you are engaged to someone you met over the net and are going to see visit them.  Big whoop.  That's like someone posting a topic called, "I went to the bathroom today".  No one cares.

So stop saying the old topics are anoying when most of the new ones are even worse.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Ruatine

I didn't say the old topics in themselves are annoying. I go through old topics now and then just to read them, but bringing them back to life is annoying. As I said, in most of the old topics that have brought back, only one person makes a comment worth seeing, and then it descends to bickering about the reason for bringing back such an old topic. Also, many times people don't look to see what the date is on the first post, they just see that there's been a new post and they reply. This causes unnecessary confusion and pointless conversation. Furthermore, GD is not just for discussion about the game but about many things. It's a shame that people can't think of anything interesting to post about the game, but the resurrection of dead topics is doing nothing to help that.

Peace Alliance

These forums aren't jsut for the game, they're for the community. The old topics i brought back were about the community, and just because they had an old date on em, doesn't mean they have nothing to do with the present. Presently i was thinking about how the caveman invented the wheel... does that mean that i'm talking about something present?

I say you people are being stuck up because its not /that/ big of a deal. Stuck up because you getting annoyed over the fact that you have to see the topic titles of old topics? Actually, i think you just looked at the topics, saw that a few people complained, then a few more complained when they saw the oppertunity to complain(especially if they get to complain about peace alliance) untill finally its considered such a big deal that it deserves THIS pointless topic, pinned no less.

QuoteYou said yourself that you bring back dead topics because you like to see people post in them like they're new topics.
that doesn't mean that i'm not bringing them back with something important to say. In fact had i brought them back with the whole "this topic is old, look at it" thing, then people would have known they were old. I was addingactual content to posts that happened to be old, this could only be annoying to someone who's soar in the behind.

wolf bite

I stand about half way beside Teufel.

It is good to have the forums active and alive. It is great to see people posting and discussing matters. If someone has something topical to post about a dead topic, then it is not dead. If someone has a revelation that they had forgot to post on a dead topic, then it is not dead.

On the other hand, people sometimes spam dead topics either because they can, or they don?t want something to die.  I see things like ?I remember this,? or something useless in a dead topic. That is spam. Rarely have I seen a reason to bring back a poll from a year ago.  Then there was the time that Beatles filled up the forums with all dead topics ...

In short, if Teufel wants to be more stringent in her Mod duties as to spam in dead topics, then she has the right, and the power, to do so.

(P.S. Peace, I am not really sure who you were calling ?stuck up,? I am going to assume you were not insulting a Mod when she was working. The staff may be disagreed with for their actions, but not insulted for doing their job.  Because my hand would come down heavy on anyone that does.)

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles