Masser or Well-rounded?

Started by Trogdor 22, May 07, 2004, 04:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

Changing strategies is the best confuse your enemies.
At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science, AAFS, President Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: lonewolfChanging strategies is the best confuse your enemies.
'Tis true.  But what is even better is changing races.  For example:  You have a monstrosity of an army thanks to the Wildcat's Pressgang.  But you have few Skiffs.  To fix this, you change to Weasle, and Corsair many, many times.  Now, you have quite possibly, the best army in the entire game without buying one single Merc.  Since changing races is so expensive though, make sure you have an abundance of everything.

lonewolf

Massing is more about getting in the ranks while well rounded is more like an eternal struggle.
At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science, AAFS, President Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, I know what you mean.. it is really hard to climb ranks when you're well-rounded.

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Badrang the Tyrant'Tis true.  But what is even better is changing races.  For example:  You have a monstrosity of an army thanks to the Wildcat's Pressgang.  But you have few Skiffs.  To fix this, you change to Weasle, and Corsair many, many times.  Now, you have quite possibly, the best army in the entire game without buying one single Merc.  Since changing races is so expensive though, make sure you have an abundance of everything.
Except that you'd lose lots of your money and food, as well as a good percentage of your troops if you don't send anything away.  Even then, it's still not that important.  And you'd be stuck as a Weasel. :lol:  

Juska

Standaring your enemies into the ground is the best tactic you can have. I personally massed rats when I used to play along with some weasels to stop standards. I also kept 60%+ of my land under the eye of a guard tower. Standard with rats or break the top targets then build gt's I've never had that great of def % though because when i play I try to war a clan.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

lonewolf

My defence usually is the highest % .

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: lonewolfMassing is more about getting in the ranks while well rounded is more like an eternal struggle.
Not true.  I never mass anything, but I climb the ranks fairly quickly.

Nohcnonk

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantNot true.  I never mass anything, but I climb the ranks fairly quickly.
Massing would do it better. :P  

Juska

I'd rather be able to attack the best player and put him down a few notches than hit the 5 higher and lower people around me. Stackers will always win. We'll rounded is the dumbest strat unless you are so huge no stacker can break you. Gt's and stacker is the best strat, but leaders are so op that anything without leaders sucks. (please don't tell me I can't say sucks)
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: NohcnonkMassing would do it better. :P
Everytime I've tried to mass, it hasn't worked out well.  Everyone wants to kill me for being "too war-like" :lol:  

Ashyra Nightwing

Everyone wants to kill everyone in this game. It's about being warlike...

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

IFman

can't we all just get along?
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image