Best computer company?

Started by Amoraq, April 28, 2004, 09:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amoraq

I pretty much don't care which type of computer I use as long as it is not a mac or a hp. I got a Toshiba laptop for Christmas and it works really good. Don't have any problems, really good comp.
~~Windclaw the Mighty~~

-Windpaw's Pack-

~Vuur Draak af~

Highist rank 1st

~~~Guroum~~~
Apollo 13, leader of the 13 round of turbo
user posted image

Peace Alliance

Compaq is the same as HP.

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

windhound

Quote from: Peace AllianceCompaq is the same as HP.
wrong..  that's like saying IBM and Dell are the same..   they are made at the same place, but differnt in their own rights..

I rarely had problems with my old Compaq Presario till it's harddrive gave out after many years of service..  my mum has an HP and it has sooo many problems and I cant figgure out what's wrong with it.. it's evil..  I think the HP people overloaded it..  I've been tryin to get off most of the worthless crud they put on the poor thing..  the only good program that it included was Media Rack..  quite useful actually..  but the reset of the crud I wish wasnt on it..

I likes my old IBM thinkpad..  it's ancient compaitivly, a Pentium one machine, but it'll still run great..  doesnt run much o'course, with only a 2 gig harddrive, but it does internet browsing fine..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

I have an ancient Compaq laptop in my bedroom.. it's evil.

Dell!

Juby (Tercios)

CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet!
mines a Nec Powermate 8100, that sounds like something they'd call a computer of the future on a show from the 70's.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Peace Alliance

But windhounds, HP and Compaq are now the same company. I think HP bought compaq, and they put the combined crappyness of both company's into all their computer.

Two seperate names, but they're the same company, making the same .... Maybe your mothers HP and your Compaq are from before they were bought out. My old compaq came with a lot of useless ... i didn't want. My suggestion is to format you mommys harddrive. Thats what i do to almost any computer i get.

:)  

Devari

HP is .... MY brother's HP is ....

I'd rather have a custom job, myself. Get the parts cheap. Make what you WANT.

Ruatine

QuoteI think HP bought compaq, and they put the combined crappyness of both company's into all their computer.

*nods* Indeed, 'tis true. HP bought out Compaq sometime last year or the year before.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Peace Alliance

Custom computers are by far the best, and always will be... But not everyone is educated enough to know what all to get, so for the general public, i think dell is the best. They have good support, they don't pack their computers with JUNKY suftwear, and best of all they are usually easily upgradeable.

windhound

sry 'bout that..  I need to start checkin whos logged in..
anyways..  

Dell is only good 'cause its cheap..  
a teacher at my school had a problem replacing a CD-ROM drive on one of the new school computers because it was like 1/4 inch smaller than standard, so Dells arent exactly easily upgradable from what I've seen, could be wrong as I've never had one and never plan to get one..  
and yeah, I know HP and Compaq have merged, but they are still under differnt names, thus differnt nesses
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Nohcnonk

Dell is probably has the best PC's, but IMP is better overall. :P  

Aqualis

I'd prefer to build my own. But if I was lasy or wanted a laptop, I'd go Voodoo
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

caedo caelestis

Wouldn't expect much out of any of those companies. They all take the most stripped down brand name components, add them to generic boards and throw them into stupid looking cases. Aim for custom or pre-built systems from local dealers, sometimes you can get pretty good prices you can't beat with custom quotes...

lonewolf

I'd prefer to have a custom but I am to slow so I got a Dell
At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science, AAFS, President Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the