SLICK SLAYER!!???

Started by Juby (Tercios), April 28, 2004, 05:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Thinking even more about this topic

The word ?Negro? in Spanish means ?black.?

The name George clooney phonetically in Farsi translates to a vulgar slur to homosexuals. And the name ?Ann? translates to "poo."

Some Asian cultures find feet ?dirty? and if you walk in someone?s house with no shoes on, or point your feet at them it is an insult.

The orthodox Jews only go barefooted only at gravesites and taking your shoes off at someone?s house is saying you are walking in a graveyard.

I am sure we could write a book about things that are an insult in one culture but not one in another. If we erase everything in all cultures that may insult another, there would few things we could say.

As said above, is ?Sambo? a cute storybook or degrading to dark skinned people?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juby (Tercios)

ummmm, I've said many many times here that I realize they did not mean to use a racial slur.  But they did and it would need more then just messaging because their horde names are slick slayer aswell.  If a group of people made a new political party called say National Alliance of Zealous Intentions (heh I know it doesn't relaly make sense for a name but meh, couldn't think of a better party name) and then the next day they realize their name's acronym is nazi, then wouldn they not change it?  They wouldn't make everyone deal with their mistaken blunder, they would change it, They wouldn't go around saying, "screw that, I hate PC whatever, the name stays".
And it's different from that example wolf because Slick is an entrenched slur that's been used for decades, it's basically the yugoslav equivelent of the n-word.  I didn't just decide that that is offensive, it's an established racial slur, and I did message them *pessimistic* let's see what happens.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Lereac

I'm not going to give my own stance on this argument, but really, Juby, I think it would be much more productive if you just got to Retto privately (over PM, Instant Messenger etc.).

This is really getting nowhere, this discussion here.

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: LereacI'm not going to give my own stance on this argument, but really, Juby, I think it would be much more productive if you just got to Retto privately (over PM, Instant Messenger etc.).

This is really getting nowhere, this discussion here.
hmmmm, this does have it's benefits, I mean how many of you will be more careful with how you use the word slick (if you ever do) when making horde's or clans...
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Juby (Tercios)

here's the response I got:
------------------------------------
NEW: From Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) (?)
i dont care and if you pester me i will kill you you NOOBIE!

by the way our clan is divided and unloyal so i think i might just join V'obs
and then
0.1 hours ago Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) attacked you! Your enemy captured 186 Acres of Land and destroyed:
8 Stoats
You managed to destroy:
28 Stoats

0.1 hours ago Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) attacked you! Your enemy captured 7 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
2 Stoats

0.1 hours ago Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) attacked you! Your enemy captured 145 Acres of Land and destroyed:
71 Rats
11 Weasels
205,424 Food
230,187 Cash
You managed to destroy:
66 Rats
24 Weasels
117 Stoats
2 Skiffs

0.1 hours ago Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) attacked you! Your enemy captured 234 Acres of Land and destroyed:
28 Rats
4 Weasels
You managed to destroy:
33 Rats
25 Weasels
53 Stoats
5 Skiffs

0.1 hours ago Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) attacked you! Your enemy captured 210 Acres of Land and destroyed:
You managed to destroy:
3 Rats
3 Weasels
3 Stoats
2 Skiffs

Wildwood

Who is he?  Do you know?
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

Slick Slayers Clan leader (#18) , that's all I know.

Juby (Tercios)

heh, he had a .... change of heart, somebody ruined my fun and told him who I was.  He has apologized and I have forgiven him and he is disbanding his clan...coincedentaly , I will tolerate his horde name I suppose but I should hope this is a lesson learned for every era after this, slick = slur.
Thankee

~>John<~

And I shall put slick in there because I am so smooth.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Juby (Tercios)

Use it in the appropriate context, if you put it in so it could be interpreted as a noun instead of an adjective, I will crush you for being racist and knowing your being racist.

~>John<~

I'm not being racist. I like most yugoslavs.
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Juby (Tercios)

what are you talking about?  I Just said go for it as long as you use it as an adjective, If you use it as a noun and I know you know full well it's racist then you are being racist or a jerk.

~>John<~

Ah, but its not racist. I am a slick killer.

Adjective.

Not to be taken as a noun

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Juby (Tercios)

but it can be both ways, like I am a slick killer as in a killer of slicks, it can be both, and that is where you have to practise a thing called discretion, I know this is an odd concept but don't try and offend people, smooth killer means the same thing and offends no one,jsut trying to push people is being a jerk.

~>John<~

Fine then Juby. My name will be

Slick killer [not to be taken as a noun] #--

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome