Josh has brought new meaning to my life

Started by Peace Alliance, April 22, 2004, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angst Vulpine

*screams words sounding like MORON I AM*
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Angst Vulpine

Quote from: wolf bite*hides behind myself*
Nice one, Wolf.  :P

I don't like Josh simply because of his abusive language. It makes me sick, because it's crude and so entirely unneccessary. He's also immature. You were banned! Get over it! Makes me want to bang his and Beatles' heads' together and scream those words. Loudly.  
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Nohcnonk

*picks the last answer* :lol:  :lol:

And no, he hasn't changed what I think when someone says "joshin."

The Lady Shael

Wow. Haha. That was...really clever...or not...

Josh is okay. He can be really weird sometimes, but he can be nice when he wants to.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

QuoteQUOTE (wolf bite @ Apr 24 2004, 07:23 PM)
*hides behind myself*

Nice one, Wolf.

I don't like Josh simply because of his abusive language. It makes me sick, because it's crude and so entirely unneccessary. He's also immature. You were banned! Get over it! Makes me want to bang his and Beatles' heads' together and scream those words. Loudly.

OK first of all thats not why i made this topic. And second of all... do you even KNOW josh? Seriiously, i really don't htink you can say things like that without knowing someone. you just lost a LOT of respect from me for that comment. you had no right to talk like that.

Teufel, what makes you think i've never met josh? We went to school together... also, i think people online - almost anyone - can have a large impact on people. jsut like how reading a book or watching a good movie can influence people. People get there influences from everywhere in life, and i'm not ashamed to say that i've got a life both online, and offline.

Angst Vulpine

So what? I don't need your respect, nor do I care about what one person thinks about me. If you can't stand my opinions, you might want to grow up and act your age, Peace Alliance.

To answer your question, however...
No, I don't know him closely. Nor do I have anything resembling a desire to.  People using such hidious language in normal, casual, calm, speech usually lack the mindpower to say something less offensive and crass and more meaningful. While I will admit to using such terms as he, I, 1., am able to control myself when I have to, and 2., almost always use them under periods of great rage/stress, and 3. don't use them in such excess.

Thankyouverramuch.
Angst Vulpine  

Holby

Quote from: sh0efor a second there i thought you were going to say
"Josh is a nice guy until you get [to know him]"

stop trying to deny it
you are all most obviously slobbering all over your keyboards and tipping your tables with your inchworms right now in ineffable lust for josh
(yes this applies to the girls too)
lol.
At least we know what you're doing ;)

Angst Vulpine, telling Peace to grow up and act his age is uncalled for, not to mention rather hypocritical. You don't know Josh, yet you have a right to accuse him and pay him out?
Josh has made meaningful posts and comments, something that many of us have appreciated. Language has little to do with one's intelligence! Trying to prove you're superior to him by swearing less is pathetic.
Who are you, anyway?
I will not deleted this

Angst Vulpine

Why does in matter who I am?

I made no claims that I was better, anyway. Josh may very well be helpfull, insihnful, and a good player, but that doesn't change the fact I dislike him. It's my opinion, and you don't have to agree.  
Angst Vulpine  

Holby

Quote from: Angst VulpineWhy does in matter who I am?

Because you're hiding behind a name so you can speak freely and without reserve- and we won't dislike who you really are that way, since you're making nasty comments.

QuoteI made no claims that I was better, anyway.

In claiming you swore less, you were, in fact, trying to prove that you were better as your argument about Josh was based on his bad language. Read your own post before you contradict what I'm saying.

QuoteJosh may very well be helpfull, insihnful, and a good player, but that doesn't change the fact I dislike him. It's my opinion, and you don't have to agree.
You have every right to an opinion, but you are judging everything entirely on his language, and not letting anything he has to offer come through. You're admitting he may be a good person, someone fun to talk to and play RWL with, but it doesn't matter because you've already made up your mind without knowing him.
If everyone was as shallow as you in life, where do you think the world would be?

-EDIT- I got too nasty there, fixed a bit...
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

QuoteJosh may very well be helpfull, insihnful, and a good player, but that doesn't change the fact I dislike him. It's my opinion, and you don't have to agree.
You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how closed minded or judgemental. However, where do you get the right to talk like that on the forums? If someone was new to the forums, and came and heard you talk about josh like that, they might form an opinion on him after hearing you portray him as such a terrible person. Thats not fair to josh. You can say you don't like josh... we won't respect it because of what you've already done to lose our respect... but you can still say it without being a bad influence.

Also, i doubt this will change anyhting in your mind angst. But i'd just like to point out that sometimes people do bad things, but are good people. I'm not talking about josh in this case, but most of the time people are who they are for reasons the don't control. I think the movie the butterfly effect depicted in great detail how people can end up being messed up, and its not their fault. If you were to look at the girl in that movie when she is a crack head, and judge her as a bad person because she does crack and oh my gosh she probably swears too... and judghe her. you would have made the wrong judgememnt of her as a bad person. Because as portrayed later on, when she was brought up with a better family, she turned up to be a much better person.

Sometimes, angst, the way people are is out of their control. So please, before you go and judge someone, especially on simply the language they use, you would be a MUCH better person not to judge them at all

Note: I'm not using josh as an example here, he's always been a good guy though, and its easy to tell that when you see past his dreaded swear words.

Nohcnonk

Pshh... I don't like Josh either... *shrugs*

Holby

I will not deleted this

Nohcnonk

When was the last time? *adjusts glasses* Hehe... (And yes, I do know Josh well.)

Angst Vulpine

Look here. I'm someone everyone hates anyway. It's not fair to say I made this name just to be nasty.

Okay. Why I  really don't like Josh is more importaint to me then you  will ever and should ever know. I tried to know him. I swear to God I did. Everyone said he was cool and all. So  I tried.

There's one thing that you never do  to me. You do not insult my friends or people I care about. Josh did just that.

I think if you were in my place, that  you would think the same thing.

Stop biting at my neck.  And if newbies think Josh sucks because I alone say so, that's fine, and I don't care because I couldn't care less what other people think of each other, whether it's deserved or not.

Bug off.
Angst Vulpine  

Peace Alliance

QuoteBug off.
I would never have bugged on if it weren't for the nasty things you said that were uncalled for.

I had this friend, who was my friend for years. Then one summer i told him something i would never want other people to know. I come online later that year to find out he went back to school and told his entire gym class what i told him,  as a joke, just because he wanted to feel cool?
But i didn't thrash out at him, and i didn't go around telling people what i thought of him. I blocked him from my MSN, and simply avoided him as best i could. I could have done something like you jsut did to josh, but instead i let things be. I'm a better person for it.

And angst, i don't know who you are... but i don't hate you either. a loss of respect doesn't mean your any worse a person then i am. I would however prefer if you would just use your real name.