Are we having a no leaders round?

Started by Peace Alliance, April 21, 2004, 08:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Right now, I'm leaning towards the suggestion of removing the private market. (For a setup of: Clans, Land Catching, No Private Market)

It'd be interesting to see if there would be warlords who subsisted through selling troop on the public market.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Devari

Yay! No private market.

You rock! ;)

Angst Vulpine

Just now noticing?

Hehe. Hem. I don't use it. I think it would be fun to remove the mecenaries, except food...Which isn't a mercenary. Except the flying bread. BREAD, BREAD BREAD! KILL!

:lol:  
Angst Vulpine  
-Unofficial forum artist, and resident furry..Now an Unchallanged Retto Fangirl, and owner of teh one and only  Retto Plushie, OtterSocks, Big Plushie Donut, X-mas Wolf Bite Plushie, A Pink Lightsaber (With a flower coming out the end), and a TGF Plushie!

I have the X-mas Wolf Bite plushie. It's mine, no one else has a Wolf Bite plushie, except Teufel, she's got the original one.  Mine's wearing a Santa Hat. <3

Nohcnonk

Make it so that you can put a very good amount of your troops on the mercs.  I mean, any player that was any good would have hordes of troops and nothing that they can do with them, and they'd cost a ton to keep.

Devari

Yes!

Take out the buying part of the Black Market, but keep in the selling.

Peace Alliance

Heres the thing. Without mercinaries, wildcats will just have to spend the entire season getting loyalty. Then near the end, get some land, make some money and food, then pressgang. This will give them even MORE of an advantage over everyone else... They're be unstoppable strong, and every other race will be useless.

Plus, this is going to just make it so everyone in general has fewer troops for the entire season. Its going to be a low-defense food-massing season. Personally, i'm tired of those.,

No leaders would change a LOT. it would put all the races back to the even strengths they were when the game was written (sept for the few races that are only good for leaders)... In general, i think no-leaders would be fun.

Mercinaries are like the fun part of the leaders stratagys we have now... taking them out would make it even MORE boring. whereas i think it would be refreshing to make everyone go back to military. There are newbs to the game who never played back in the day when people actually made their own armys!

Wildwood

Without the mercinaries part I would be better off.  I never use it anyway, I just don't see the point of it.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Nohcnonk

Peace... how could wildcats pressgang without leaders?? :lol:  

Wolf Snare

*rolls eyes* :rolleyes:

He means if there are to be leaders, and not to be any black market.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Bet you had to go digging to answer that question eh wolf snare? *laughs at nohc*

ah well. :\

Riverpaw

Martens shall be useful nevertheless, just not as much. It may be worthwhile to gold-mine insane amounts of cash in preparation for pressganging.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Wildwood

Well it looks like we have leaders.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Peace Alliance

...riverpaw, martens can't pressgang. And it would be rediculas to change races just for martens gold mine because you can easily get enough money with wildcat :P

Peace Alliance

Half way through the no-mercinaries round and i think i was correct in saying that leader-massing will STILL be happening. there are food-massers, money-massers and pressgangers still holding the top 10.

The few who are using anything but huts to get NW are in lower ranks, and even though they take a LOT of land and in my opinion have more might and strength, they aren't shown that way on the scores page.

No-leaders round next? who's up for it?

Riverpaw

Quote from: Peace AllianceNo-leaders round next? who's up for it?
Er... right. Sure, I suppose, but we're going to need a lot more land...
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.