Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruatine

Main Entry: antidisestablishmentarianism
Function: noun
Definition: originally, opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England, now opposition to the belief that there should no longer be an official church in a country

You spelled it wrong!  :P  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Sonoras

...I win!! HAHAHA!!!

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sonoras

I win!! HAHA loser!

Gen. Volkov

*Thwaps* I win! I pwn j00 all!!!11!!!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Menatus

Antidisestablishmentarianism is the WORST word. People always use it to sound smart, and it never works.

Now, let's break apart the word (if no one has)

Anti (not)
Dis (not)
Establish (ment)
arian
ism

Double not, so let's just take not nots off.

To establish. As in, to create (I'm not getting the definition).

Establishment. Something created.

Establishmentarian, no idea.

Establishmentarianism, well, I know what ism does, but still...well, i'm not looking it up. XD

That was pointless.

Word.

Riverpaw

Isn't it just the state of being those who oppose the establishment of the (and I think it is church)?

Double negatives don't cancel, the just mean being against those already against something, which doesn't necessary mean being for.

This is funny, since I only read the bottom half of the page.

Several edits.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Sonoras

Dang,Riverpaw wins....no wait, I win!! HAHAHA!!!

Gen. Volkov

No I do, because I know what the word is and how it was used. Disestablishmentarianism, is to be against the disestablishment of a state church. Like the Church of England. The "ism" makes it a verb, or idea I believe. So the word itself makes sense, its just that no one has had cause to use it for hundreds of years.

HAHAHAHA! I win!

Sonoras

I don't know what that means, but it appears that I win.

Menatus

The last word.

(not)

Nohcnonk

Gen. Volkov

It appears that I am actually the winner.

TR Shadow

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis