Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

I wimmed your moms!

:P

and it's only mortal sins that're the rly bad wunz.

kell

seven deadly sins  :evil:
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Peace Alliance on August 02, 2007, 09:11:03 PM
sure, it's the father (usually called God) the son (Jesus) and the holy spirit (a dove?). It's never mentioned in the old book i think... but ya sometime in the new one Jesus takes some time to explain this confounding relationship between him God and the holy spirit. Hard to fully wrap my head around it, but basically the Son is like the earthy form of God, the holy spirit is like the his hand 'cause he can like do stuff with it, and God himself is... well God.

i could go into more detail

the trinity is mentioned in the first few books, actually.

It just takes some creative interpretation to get the son in there sometimes.

Gorak

sure it's possible to do good, but no one is good
not by Gods standards, which are the 10 commandments, and all of us have broken most, if not all of them.

And Confession means nothing without repentance.

and Taek, PM me or get me on MSN and I'll go over some doctrine with you about the trinity
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Gorak on August 03, 2007, 10:04:43 PM
the 10 commandments, and all of us have broken most, if not all of them.

I am pretty sure that the number of ppl in this world who have broken all 10 is pretty low. There are some pretty bad ones. (don't murder)

idunno

Define murder... murder gods creatures... murder a human?

Gorak

Jesus said if you truely hate someone, you have already committed murder in your heart
He also said, if you look at someone with lust, you have already committed Adultry in your heart

that takes care of the 'worst' 2

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Peace Alliance

All sin starts in the mind

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Gorak on August 04, 2007, 11:38:46 AM
Jesus said if you truely hate someone, you have already committed murder in your heart
He also said, if you look at someone with lust, you have already committed Adultry in your heart

that takes care of the 'worst'

A both interesting and valid point.

And Matt, somewhere in the bible, some religous figure told us it was okay to kill animals for food.

Peace Alliance

killing animals for food isn't murder... Killing animals intentionally without a purpose is though.

taekwondokid42

hmm.

What if you kill it, although it is not out of revenge, anger, or any other reason that would be considered a sin?

In other words, killing an animal for sport.

And to say sport killing is wrong would mean fishing is wrong, because you hurt the fish, even if you throw them back, and hurting is just a lesser form of killing.

Peace Alliance

God gave us charge of lording over the animals. God doesn't lord over us by killing us for sport though did he? Not to say hunting is wrong, a lot of the time it's controlling the population. But if /everyone/ on earth hunted then we'd be outta things to shoot in weeks (sept other humans, wouldn't be long though, haha)

i'm not gonna tell you what constitutes murder. You can ask some people what their idea of it... I hear there are also laws written about it in the US...

RazorClaw

i keel u. ur ded frum coke. l0l

o noes im in h-3-dubble hoekey stikz

RazorClaw

also, my post at the end of this thread was awesome and y'all ignored it.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=2158.30

kell

can we stop being all holy now?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server