Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 28, 2009, 03:39:29 PM
So we should feel the butthurt effects of everything that has ever happened for the rest of eternity?

Ohhh the poor dinosaurs!
No, but we should still respect the dead. Why don't you go "thank god for 9/11, that stabbing, lockerbie bombings" etc, but you're ok with Nazi's etc?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

Gee thanks for throwing words in my mouth.

No, but I'm not going to whine about something that happened for any longer than necessary. It happened. Nothing anyone can do 'cept blow the hell out of the ones responsible, unless they already did.

And, we AREN'T CELEBRATING THE KILLING OF NATIVES! Thanksgiving is giving thanks for whatever the hell people are feeling thankful for.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

Quote from: Firetooth on November 28, 2009, 12:33:49 PM
Quote from: Briar on November 28, 2009, 12:30:23 PM
why should I feel guilty for the actions of people I'm not even directly related to?

You shouldn't. But explain why you should celebrate them.

Again, I'm not celebrating them.  I am celebrating how grateful I am to have a family to be with and all the many great things in my life.  I consider it a time to volunteer my time to lose less fortunate than myself (think of it like your guys' Boxing Day)  And even if I /was/ celebrating them, I wouldn't feel that bad.  They helped establish a country that my Great grandparents could come to for a better life.

Thanksgiving is a Harvest celebration.  It occurs before the nasty weather of winter blows in and comes after the harvest has been brought in and the fields have been prepared for winter.

And there are several Saints who are celebrated who didn't have the holiest of lives (i.e St. George, St. Valentine etc).  The US isn't alone in their celebration of "questionable" peoples.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

prodiGee

It was a doorway trying to seal itself shut.. But I climbed through.

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Ungatt Trunn II

mmm good.
Real good.
It is good.
Tastes good.
Mighty good.
Good for you.
Good for me.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

not so good for my heart

Ungatt Trunn II

You lack heart. Now then, I'm going to be an M60 helicopter gunner in the Vietnam war. Wish me luck.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

A doctor would beg to differ

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

prodiGee

Dr. Death of the Medical Corpse.
It was a doorway trying to seal itself shut.. But I climbed through.

Ungatt Trunn II

Is that a maiden name?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on November 28, 2009, 03:51:48 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on November 28, 2009, 12:33:49 PM
Quote from: Briar on November 28, 2009, 12:30:23 PM
why should I feel guilty for the actions of people I'm not even directly related to?

You shouldn't. But explain why you should celebrate them.

Again, I'm not celebrating them.  I am celebrating how grateful I am to have a family to be with and all the many great things in my life.  I consider it a time to volunteer my time to lose less fortunate than myself (think of it like your guys' Boxing Day)  And even if I /was/ celebrating them, I wouldn't feel that bad.  They helped establish a country that my Great grandparents could come to for a better life.

Thanksgiving is a Harvest celebration.  It occurs before the nasty weather of winter blows in and comes after the harvest has been brought in and the fields have been prepared for winter.

And there are several Saints who are celebrated who didn't have the holiest of lives (i.e St. George, St. Valentine etc).  The US isn't alone in their celebration of "questionable" peoples.
Agree with the last bit.
But...
Cheese
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar