Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonoras

Gen. Volkov

Frankincense and Myrh?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

RazorClaw

Icky icky icky icky ptang! Nah, most poisonous fish can be de-poisoned. Pufferfish and lionfish are both Japanese delicacies, I believe...  

Gen. Volkov

Not all Razor. And puffer sish are just pointy, not poisonous. A lion fish's spines be poisonous so you take those off you are good. But some fishes entire bodies are poisonous. Like Monarch butterflies. They eat poisonous stuff in small amounts when young and build up a big concentration of it, so other stuff doesn't eat them. Course in order for this to work you need to have SMART predators, and excluding some sharks, fish ain't the brightest creatures on the planet. You can't put some species into a tank because they will just ram into the wall over and over not realizing its there, and kill themselves. So some fish are just extremely poisonous and don't even bother to make sure predators don't eat them, they just kill anything that bothers them.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Aqualis

Actually, the flesh of the pufferfish is poisonous.

I got this out of the US Army Survival Manual, so it's only considering what you can do with a knife and some rope.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Ah. Yes. Certain parts of the puffer fish are. But most of it os quite edible.

Sonoras

Watch the episode of Simpsons when Homer gets poisoned by a Puffer.

Gen. Volkov

I have! Hilarious!

Arguia Zsah

Sonoras

ALIENS!! ALIENS!! RUN! MUTATED HEADS WITH TENTACLES!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!

Gen. Volkov

Tentacles! TENTACLES! CTHULU!

Aqualis

I am ... not winning.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Sonoras

I won! I was the last person to post!

Gen. Volkov

No! You lose! I win!