Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

In order to propel yourself when the shield is in protective mode, you have to stick something outside the shield, otherwise you are just blasting against the shield. Thus, when you stick that something outside the shield, I target it and destroy. With the forward pointing weapons, you have to stick those outside the shield to fire them, otherwise they are useless. So, when those are stuck outside the shield, I can target and destroy them as well.

Now, when it isn't in Shield mode, I simply target the sail with the phase disruptor, to make it impossible to use as a weapon, and at the same time, use my other weapons to destroy the weapons you have mounted on the ship. Thus I have fully disarmed your craft, except for the propulsion abilities of the sail, though since I've reduced your speed, I can catch and destroy the ship itself.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

The shield can still deform itself to deflect weapons back at you while in turtle mode
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

thats what it would say if you looked up firetooth in the dictionary, simply spam. :wink:
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

nine!
Du would say:

Firetooth: Das origanator von 99% von Spam. Einige sagen, daß er nicht menschlich ist, aber bloß Spam, welches die Gestalt eines Computers annimmt, der für sie denken kann, Selbst- und Spielsport ist.

Firetooth: The origanator of 99% of spam. Some say he isn't human, but merely spam taking the form of a computer that can think for it's self and play sport.

I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThe shield can still deform itself to deflect weapons back at you while in turtle mode

Even so, it can't protect things outside the shield.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 08, 2008, 06:43:14 PM
QuoteThe shield can still deform itself to deflect weapons back at you while in turtle mode

Even so, it can't protect things outside the shield.

true, but saying my craft is disarmed in turtle mode even if everything outside the shield is destroyed is false.

Gen. Volkov

I didn't say defenseless, I said disarmed, which is perfectly true, if I destroy everything that can hurt me, you no longer have any armaments on your ship, just defenses.

Shadow

but the shield can hurt you if you throw anything but the phase disruptor at it. And since the phase disruptor can only hurt the shield and not the ship, you are at a catch-22

Gen. Volkov

Which is why I fire the phase disruptor at the shield, and then fire weapons through the weakness I have created with the phase disruptor.

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 08, 2008, 08:16:58 PM
Which is why I fire the phase disruptor at the shield, and then fire weapons through the weakness I have created with the phase disruptor.

If the shield is weakened you run into the armaments that were previously hidden ^_^

But this is all hypothetical, I have yet to finish developing the ship, let alone set out to fight in it.

*Installs rockets boosters in a medium-sized asteroid and builds a mobile lab inside it*

Firetooth

You can just use hydro-powered oxygen memory-removing ray gun weapons of mass destruction to break through anything...
"Uses his new weapon to wreck havoc, destroying anything in his path, and erazing his victims memories*

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIf the shield is weakened you run into the armaments that were previously hidden ^_^

Hence the hyperaccurate targeting systems I developed...

QuoteBut this is all hypothetical, I have yet to finish developing the ship, let alone set out to fight in it.

*Installs rockets boosters in a medium-sized asteroid and builds a mobile lab inside it*

LOL, right then.

Faerd

Firetooth...

It's not spelled "nine".

It's spelled "Nein".

I know that and I dont even KNOW german!

:P
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Peace Alliance

this topic is a social experiment. It's fantastic.