Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Quotethe focal point of a curved mirror is not part of the mirror, it is a point in space. Targeting the focal point just send your weapons into a holocaust of nuclear explosions, where it sputters pointlessly.

Yes, but if you hit part of the mirror, you disrupt the focal point. The most important place would be the middle part of the mirror, since that is the area that most directly reflects sunlight. The middle part is also directly below the focal point. Thus, hitting that point on the mirror would cause the most disruption.

As for sending my weapons into a holocaust of destruction... no, not really, the phase disruptor is not a projectile weapon, and once it disrupts the shield, the follow up weapons easily make their way to the ship.

*Fires his new class of missiles at giant space worm, it is destroyed by the unimaginable power of matter-antimatter reactions.*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

bjornredtail

*The spam worm's mother sees, and starts attacking Volkov by unleashing thousands of terratons of tinned meat and many exobytes of e-mail*
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Gen. Volkov

*Retreats to nearby planet and builds extensive network of planetary defense centers that fire all sorts of energy weapons, antimatter missiles, EMP missiles, and phase disruptors*

*Blocks the IP of the emails sent from the spam monster's mother*

*Blows the tinned meat out of the sky, and mounts engines on the planet, turning it into a gigantic mobile fortress*

*Commences a titanic battle with the spam worm's mother*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

*Modifies the sail to absorb energy based attacks and store them in large batteries which can be used to propel the Contact Ship when the sail is being used as a shield*
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gorak

I've tried to kill this thread, but whatever, the children need a place to spam, so hopefully they can keep it here instead of destroying the rest of the forum
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

I don't think that would actually work, as the force with which you spat the photons out would equal the force they exerted when they hit the inside of the shield. End result is no movement.

Shadow

New universe, new rules. It works, (dog-garn-it) :) I am not talking about absorbing and spitting out photons, though, i am talking about using yur phase disruptor as a source of power when it is used against me  :D

Gen. Volkov

Bah, it can't be used as such, the wavelengths on which it beams power are not able to be absorbed. It's in a different phase from the rest of the universe.

As for moving your self by beaming out power at your shield, no, it just won't work, despite the changes, Newton's laws still work, and to do that, you'd have to violate Newton's laws.

bjornredtail

Bah... I'm burred in junk email, so it will be a while before I get around to designing the offensive systems for the sail craft... Pity that I made the new universe a strictly IP v6 area from the start, thus, the spam worm's mother just keeps having new addresses assigned. That, and it has spawned a new generation of spam worms that infiltrate computer systems everywhere... And being physical in nature, the only anti-worm device I have around here is laser pointer.
AKA, Nevadacow

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

kell

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 04, 2008, 09:46:56 PM
Bah, it can't be used as such, the wavelengths on which it beams power are not able to be absorbed. It's in a different phase from the rest of the universe.

As for moving your self by beaming out power at your shield, no, it just won't work, despite the changes, Newton's laws still work, and to do that, you'd have to violate Newton's laws.

No you fool, i am not beaming power at the shield, of course I know that doesnt work. I do plan to study physics ^_^

The engines I am talking about are located at the rear of my craft, and spew energy out away from the direction I want to go, just like a normal ship. They just store energy shot at my shield and uses it in matter/energy conversions to make a useable fuel.

*Starts developing forward pointing offensive weaponry for the contact ship*

bjornredtail

*develops a dual differential emp cannon. Unlike existing EMP cannon technology, this fires two pulses of opposite polarity that are in close proximity. The two pulses would accelerate different parts of the target in different directions, Hopefully sheering the ship apart*
AKA, Nevadacow

Gen. Volkov

QuoteNo you fool, i am not beaming power at the shield, of course I know that doesnt work. I do plan to study physics ^_^

Right, OK, but I'm not a fool, you did not adequately explain.

QuoteThe engines I am talking about are located at the rear of my craft, and spew energy out away from the direction I want to go, just like a normal ship. They just store energy shot at my shield and uses it in matter/energy conversions to make a useable fuel.

I see then.

*Develops hyper-accurate targeting systems in order to destroy the parts of the engine that stick outside the shield, thus disabling the ship, as well as being able to target any weapons that stick outside the shield when it is in turtle mode, thus disarming the craft*

You still can't glean power from my phase disruptor though.

Shadow

Quotethus disarming the craft

you forget that the shield is a weapon in and of itself - your phase disruptor can mess up it's focusing abilities, but can do no other damage to it

idunno