Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kell

i picked up on it somewhere along the line
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Aqualis

***** + ***** + ****** ****** + **** ****** = ******* ******

The forum safe version of Volkov's assembly instructions.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Shade

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 04, 2007, 12:52:01 AM
and cows are very dangerous if you piss them off.

Very true! I once had one of those big ole black lab dogs run out into a cow pastor barking at a calf, the calf ran off and suddenly it's mommy ran up behind the dog and beat the living snot out of it, I had to run into the pastor and chase it off the dog to get it outa there, took a couple weeks afore the dog could even walk again.

I have since started avoiding cow calves.

taekwondokid42

makes a post just for the reson of making a post in last word...

Aqualis

~the mighta awualis

kell

*looks out back window field of cows still there*
founder of eire

Aqualis

*looks out window, field of beans still there*

~the mighta awualis

kell

beans grow in fields?thought they came in cans thats mad
founder of eire

taekwondokid42

*looks out window*

Wait, there are no windows in this room...

Shadow

looks out window: sweeping view of the kenebecasis valley river delta
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

the cans are just like the outer shell man, they grow in the cans then the manufacturer labels and sells them.

kell

omg man how do i grow bean cans?
founder of eire

Aqualis

you plant one and wait for the bean can tree to grow and mature and begin producing bean cans of its own

but you'll need to plant two so they can cross polinate

~the mighta awualis

kell

grabs shovel and goes to it*
founder of eire

Peace Alliance

careful though, in their premature stage you cannot pick the cans for two reasons. They aren't ripe, and will give you bowel problems, and they have a natural defense that makes the edges of the can serrated and sharp.

To know if the tree is mature, you have to carefully squeeze the mid level of the can with your thumb and index, if the can folds in then you've got a bit longer to wait, but if the can is strong and solid, they're ready to pick.

Also, if you have an early frost and the plant is still really young (first or second growth i'm talkin about) you'll probably want to put a burlap sack around the base of the tree. Bean tree's tend to uproot to warmer locations if they're not comfortable. Last year i had to fly down to the states and get my tree 'cause he had run away! Know how hard it was to get him back past customs? Not to mention he was bein all stubborn and annoying. Frig i tell you, i HATE little baby bean tree's. the wost is the terrible 3's, they just scream and cry ALL the time, it's awful. I was gonna just tie a chain to him to make sure he didn't run away, but my bro told me that's considered abuse. Under the Canadian act of rights and freedoms "Natural Abuse" states that no plant can be bound against it's will. This means for the first 4 years of my bean tree's life i had to baby it. It really likes gingerale by the way, so if you ever want to get it to stick around, just water it with gingerale (I used Canada Dry because it's the best, but i'm sure the tree would have been  okey with schweps, right?)

Also, if you happen to get sick of your bean tree, don't use it for firewood, the smoke smells like fart.