how to get on RWL

Started by cleopatra, April 13, 2004, 06:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sh0e

Quote from: caedo caelestisIndeed the best. Most memorable, most fun. No stupid resource massing garbage.
just curious but how was the first age different?

Devari

I believe it was simply because RWL was new and people were making new strats and the like.

There wasn't resource massing because leaders were not really used much, from what I can tell.

Also, there were a LOT more players. I think I heard mention of 1000 accounts?!

Stan(NM)

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
.  A man's solace is in his independence,   .
. my solace is found with your ignorance.  .
 '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

The Lady Shael

Oh, yes, more than that. My last account in First Era was #1235. There were /a ton/ of people. That's the only era we ever really kept track of the emperors as well, because they weren't thrown over as often. Stormy held the longest reign, and Retto even became Emperor twice, under different names. And poor Raine was Emperor for about two days, right before the reset. I think Josh stole it back for a little while after that though.

It would've been really amusing though, if we could get the old forum back. "Wow! I have 100,000+ rats!" "Whoa, that's amazing!"
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

nah.. there were only over 1k accounts at the end 'cause many people joined, quit, were killed, then rejoined, made multiple accounts, etc..  and this happened many times..  the first era went on for quite a while..  I think there were usually no more than ~100 active accounts at a time, not entirely sure on that though..  

and yeah, noone really massed leaders..  they were there ofcourse, but, atfirst they were only used sparingly..  mostly to prepare raiders and move..  most of everyone's net was in army..  oh, and people didnt get hit 15x 'cept in wars..  it just didnt happen..  4x was the usual..
yep..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

Ah, yiss.. I remember Raine's emperorship.. I took a screenshot for him! ^_^
The First Era was so... different.. More fun, somehow.

General Austin

It still had the new and exciting atmosphere then, and people thought of the game more as a Role-Playing adventure than a text-based fighting game, in my opinion.

Oh, and I remember how hard it was for me to get into the 100's. If my memory serves me correctly there was about 200 active or semi-active players in the game! Ahhh, those were the days..
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

~>John<~

There were 250 active when I joined. Got down to 175, then perked up right before the reset. Then down.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Ashyra Nightwing

There were so many players back then! I can still remember trying to get into the top 100, and finding it really hard.. Heh, people were definitely more IC then..

cleopatra

if the First Era was so cool.. i am sorry i missed it.

blame Ashyra, she kept RWL a secret!!!

i am still fuming about school filters, but if there only is 2 web addresses i am rather stuck!!! :(  :(  :(

i probably won't be able to get an account on it for months! ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries:: it's so unfair!

another thing... our school filters are so stoopid. there is no way to get on RWl (me and Ashyra have tried enough) school filters suck...

but there is hope!!! Ashyra says ahe is trying to put it on another site (that sounds dodgy but it isn't).. so maybe the evilness of filters will be defeated! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

DOWN WITH SCHOOL FILTERS!

[Mod's Edit: Please don't double post. There's a button up in the corner of your posts that says "edit." Use that instead of posting right after another post you've made. Thanks!]
this is my favourite song:

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions

hail to queen!!!

Ashyra Nightwing

Aww.. *pats Cleo* I'm sorry I didn't tell you about RWL until a while ago, I thought you wouldn't be interested..

Sonoras

None of my friends are interested in RWL...I don't know why.

I went on RWL at school once, I even went on to hotmail and talked to TJ.
For some reason, games are restricted but they tell us to go play games on the computer.

Gen. Volkov

As a side note: *Is absolutely positive he knows who Stan is*

Main point of post:
First era was cool, and quite fun. Nowhere near as boring as RWL is now. We need more shakeups here, but every time someone tries, they get beat down. But anyways, I wouldn't have quit first age if I hadn't gotten sick of the forums and my RL friend who introduced me to it also hadn't left. I'm obviously back now, but I really miss first age.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

... WHY do games have to be filtered??

heh, RWL's so much more fun without leader strats.. that's why I still use my army..

Wildwood

just go to google and search for what ur looking for it works at our school
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image