No Leaders round

Started by Peace Alliance, April 12, 2004, 08:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

A no leaders round means that huts will be taken out of the game entirely.

I think this would be VERY fun for one season. It would be a game without the massing stratagys that have been adopted so well in the game, and a chance for us all to prove who is truely the greatest WARlord.

I vote "I would"

Nohcnonk

*clicks the first choice*

Bring it :D  

sh0e

i support it

but maybe could try just less available spells or making leaders a lot less effective would be good enough
maybe even something like only leader fight

windhound

nah..  no leaders atall..
that would be really interrestin..

if the ladder system is put into place again, methinks that you should beable to send aid to any location..  either that or no clans..

oh, and make food worth more  :lol:  'cause it'd be harder to mass..  *invisions horde where all buildings are set to the task of makin food*

another idea is that you choise when you want to come out of protection..  a little button in army status or somthin 'move my horde outa protection'  it'd be neat methinks..  rather than turn usage decinding when you're out..

*Shrugs*
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

can't just stay in protection all game, that wouldn't be fair.

windhound

:lol: yeah it would!  the perfect HPR strat!  hehe
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

even though i doubt you could really win that way... you still might be able to get top 10 :\

Juby (Tercios)

hmmmm, me and nick were talking about this a couple days ago, I think it would be a really good idea but we should engineer into it a few formerly leader concepts, like each race should have an ability or somehting like that, maybe it should be a mission that costs money, and some offensive spells maybe could be engineered into it similarily?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

windhound

meh.  I say we keep it simple atleast at first..  shouldnt be that hard to cut off huts..  
all the extra stuff would take a bit of time playin with the code which Retto would have to do in all his free time...  hehe..

*knows he could make top ten easily with full out HPR strat*

IFman

I know HPR strats are good, I did one last round on turbo and I was 5th-3rd until someone poisoned me.

yes, no leaders, but make it available to steal food and money by attacking (ask beetles if you don't know how)
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

windhound

*eyes widen in horror*
NO.
FaF was horrible for that reason..  you couldnt keep your resources..  I mean, geez, I stole ~3-4 bil food from Josh without much effort atall and lost it all with even less effort..  terrible..  I then gathered it back up just for the heck of it and sent him back about 2.5 bil
heh heh

Garagas Ledavas

Yes I hate that feature of FaF. Now I think my account is dead from inactivity........
Reg- Garagas Ledavas #248

Turbo-Garagas Ledavas II #139

Former Reg. Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #152 - 10

Darth Bane #47 - Emperor

Former Turbo Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #168 - 10

Garagas Ledavas #9 - 2

Garagas Ledavas #7 - Emperor

user posted image

Peace Alliance

No, i think they have to be taken out all together. If you make it so leader can do one thing, it would be really anoying to have to make leaders just for that one thing. Leaders cost money and food...it would really be annoying.

IFman

so you'd like HPRers ruling the top 10?
this way seems fair
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

thraka

I have no idea what an HPR strat is but it seems weak and boring, kinda like hording. I would love to be able to just do mass attacks and gain my networth through troops instead of food.

Though if you take do that though then maybe the amount of land we start out with and can get from scouting should be turned up a bit then. Considering its really going to be a grab for land to do money, food and barracks for troops then. Woudl be an interesting strat though and worth trying out for sure.  
Turbo: Capt Term 3rd
Normal: Still playing which is surprising since it gets really boring some times.