RC stuff

Started by windhound, April 11, 2004, 09:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

Just curious, anyone here into remote control cars/boats/planes?
not the small stuff that you buy at toys-r-us and walmart, though, thoes are alright for starters..
I mean the bigger stuff that goes at a tolerable speed..

I likes to take apart old ones and rebuild them..  that un's an old boat made in germany in the 1980's..  cant remember the date..  but I took out all the electronics and put in new ones..  runs much better..  it's a hydrofoil and comes all the way outa the water..

anyways, just somthin different..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wildwood

thats awesome, i could never make something like that
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

wolf bite

I tried to get into it once. Went to a hobby shop, bought plans for a glider plane. Spent 2 months building it from scratch. It looked perfect with great paint and all.  Took it to the mountains. It fell like a rock. Spent 2 weeks fixing it. Took it to the mountains. Fell like a rock, ? This went on for half a year. Then I finally got the glider to fly great for almost an hour, saw a nice little road for it to land, made a perfect landing. A car came around the corner, took both wings off it as the fuselage only came out from under the car. Decided to making the fuselage into a nice candleholder.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

IFman

well, at least it flew
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Peace Alliance

*falls over laughing* oh wolf, thats rich!

I have a friend who likes RC cars... I'd get into it if i had the money... or patients.

Holby

RC is the most successful Duels clan eva. But I know nothing of Remote Control stuffses. :(
I will not deleted this

Badrang the Tyrant

LOL!  Holby, you'd do anything to brag, right? :rolleyes:

I like the actual gas-powered ones.  Batteries seem to get lost somewheres.

windhound

meh..  
atleast you made somthin useful out of it Wolf..  I've seen many many remotes, just the controler, on Ebay that say 'gently used..'  a few of them said misc. airplane parts availible on request...  also one who's boat had sunk to the murky dephs..  

the gas ones are more powerful, but, the gas is messier and you have to keep buying more of it, a few battery packs will last you a while..  plus, electric engines you can leave for years and years without doin anything to them and they'll go as soon as you put on a good battery..  most gas engines wont do that methinks..  

*shruggeth*
personal preference..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Badrang the Tyrant

Yes, there are the obvious advantages and disadvatages of battery and gas powered RC cars.  I just prefer the faster, more powerful thingys. *nods*

Sonoras

I don't have any big RC stuff, only the 'ikkle ones.

Gen. Volkov

I had this wonderful long post about all my RC stuff, then the computer screwed up and I am too lazy to type it out again.. so you all will be drprived of my brilliance.. meh... *Is lazy no good so and so and proud of it*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

My sister got a remote control airplane for her birthday. We tested it out several weeks ago in a very large open field where it would not crash into trees or get run over by cars. *cough*

It flew pretty good, actually. It was battery-powered, and it had no assembly required.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

I thought about buying an RC boat once. I got a guitar instead. But still, they're cool.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Trogdor 22

Quote from: wolf biteI tried to get into it once. Went to a hobby shop, bought plans for a glider plane. Spent 2 months building it from scratch. It looked perfect with great paint and all.  Took it to the mountains. It fell like a rock. Spent 2 weeks fixing it. Took it to the mountains. Fell like a rock, ? This went on for half a year. Then I finally got the glider to fly great for almost an hour, saw a nice little road for it to land, made a perfect landing. A car came around the corner, took both wings off it as the fuselage only came out from under the car. Decided to making the fuselage into a nice candleholder.

Wolf Bite
:lol: That's funny!

I was watching TV a while ago and they were talking about these nitro powered RC cars that went  really fast. They got tournaments for 'em ,and the owners spend hundreds of dollars on them.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

wolf bite

I was reading the local paper today; there was a small fire of a few acres in the RC park.  Seems a plane crashed and started a fire. So I am thinking ?how could a little RC plane start much of a fire?? Seems it was a scale model of an F14 that had an actual miniature working jet engine at a cost of $10,000!  The thing ran on aviation fuel and exploded on impact. I wonder if with that much money about to crash if the guy flying it ejected the cockpit before impact.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles