Act Now!

Started by Kueller, April 06, 2004, 03:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: KuellerIT WAS TOO, Wildwood. Yeesh, you people are hopeless. Juby, bad people could kill you just as easily with a knife, a car, a train, a building, their fists, a rock, blah, blah, blah. Guns are just easier. Wildwood, more people were saved by guns in WWII than were saved by people takign a joke seriously an B.S.ing me, so go away.
A vast majority of people who have committed murders are normal people who were just pushed too far, their not these super evil people who will kill someone because their crazy or born evil.  Most murders are committed rashly by people who days before were exactly like you and me just ina really bad situation.  By making it harder you give these people a chance settle down and also their are not many people who could stomach actually stabbing someone's, guns make it impersonal and easy, if it's harder, alot of people won't go through with it.  And WWII involved THE ARMY with guns, giving THE ARMY guns and training them rigoriuosly is different from giving a redneck a gun and guareenteeing him/her the right to a gun.  Once agian, if what your saying is soooo true, why are their soooooo many more murders in the USA than in Canada, Western Europe, Japan and Austrailia?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Orcrist

Kueller, if you seriously believe that people should have guns and put more bans upon doctors, you are completely out of your mind. First of all, do you know any doctors personally, like really personally (not just your friend's parent but actually one of your friends)? If you did, you would understand that, because people have a very small chance of dying when they see a doctor for a serious operation, some very letigious lawyers (no offence to any lawyers out there) have enstated malpractice insurance, and doctors are being sued all over the place. They make under 15$ a patient, and since each patient can take a large amount of time, and the malpractice insurance is outrageous, there are fewer and fewer doctors. Right now, the USA is in a medical emergency, in case you haven't noticed. Doctors are being forced to work overtime for little extra pay because there aren't enough of them. If anything, we should encourage doctors, not ban them. Many people are dying, a few that I've known personally, simply because there are not enough doctors, and as a result, they weren't able to be treated in time. Is that a good reason to sue the doctor who had these people scheduled to see him/her in two monthes? Just because the doctor is human and is simply too busy to see his/her patient? Personally, I think not, but if you are so base that you believe so, it's a free country (if you're American), so believe what you like.
Also, imagine the United States of America, without gangs in major city who roam around with guns, killing each other in turf wars. You can't do it, can you? That's how corrupt our gun laws for private citizens are- they are being abused. The right to bear arms was enstated in a time when private citizens had to protect themselves. Also, when private citizens joined the army, they brought their own weapons. Today, however, is a completely different era. There is no legitimate reason for a private citizen to own a weapon that could kill someone else. Absolutely none. If you use hunting as an excuse, then you enjoy a hobby which is solely based on killing other animals that are harmless to you, which is just sickening. Many people have used to argument that guns saved people in World War I and World War II. I don't think that the millions of people who were shot and killed by guns in that war were saved. Sure, we won, our cause won, and freedom and peace was sort of reinstated, but no one was saved by guns. Guns were used to kill people, not to save them. Guns were used to save a cause. There is a monumental difference in the two.

Edit- sorry Wildwood- I mean Kueller.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Wildwood

Did you even read the previous posts?  I hate guns and I love doctors.  I stated it pretty clearly.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

Wildwood.. how exactly are you going to argue with the person who STARTED the thread?????? For the love of... that is just stupid. It was a joke, it was funny and still is! Stop taking it seriously. That goes for EVERYONE! If I see one more stupid argument here I am going to go insane!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

user posted image

General Austin

ROFL! Nice one. *emails friends about it*
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Kueller

Quote from: OrcristKueller, if you seriously believe that people should have guns and put more bans upon doctors, you are completely out of your mind. First of all, do you know any doctors personally, like really personally (not just your friend's parent but actually one of your friends)? If you did, you would understand that, because people have a very small chance of dying when they see a doctor for a serious operation, some very letigious lawyers (no offence to any lawyers out there) have enstated malpractice insurance, and doctors are being sued all over the place. They make under 15$ a patient, and since each patient can take a large amount of time, and the malpractice insurance is outrageous, there are fewer and fewer doctors. Right now, the USA is in a medical emergency, in case you haven't noticed. Doctors are being forced to work overtime for little extra pay because there aren't enough of them. If anything, we should encourage doctors, not ban them. Many people are dying, a few that I've known personally, simply because there are not enough doctors, and as a result, they weren't able to be treated in time. Is that a good reason to sue the doctor who had these people scheduled to see him/her in two monthes? Just because the doctor is human and is simply too busy to see his/her patient? Personally, I think not, but if you are so base that you believe so, it's a free country (if you're American), so believe what you like.
Also, imagine the United States of America, without gangs in major city who roam around with guns, killing each other in turf wars. You can't do it, can you? That's how corrupt our gun laws for private citizens are- they are being abused. The right to bear arms was enstated in a time when private citizens had to protect themselves. Also, when private citizens joined the army, they brought their own weapons. Today, however, is a completely different era. There is no legitimate reason for a private citizen to own a weapon that could kill someone else. Absolutely none. If you use hunting as an excuse, then you enjoy a hobby which is solely based on killing other animals that are harmless to you, which is just sickening. Many people have used to argument that guns saved people in World War I and World War II. I don't think that the millions of people who were shot and killed by guns in that war were saved. Sure, we won, our cause won, and freedom and peace was sort of reinstated, but no one was saved by guns. Guns were used to kill people, not to save them. Guns were used to save a cause. There is a monumental difference in the two.

Edit- sorry Wildwood- I mean Kueller.
I'm saying this for the last time, IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE. If you don't like it, great. Why post here? I'll put it in UMD if it's meant to be a serious debate.
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

Wildwood

ok ok if its a joke fine.  It just didnt look like a joke it looked serious.  But doctors save lives and they have helped me when i got injured.  Please dont make fun of them.

user posted image

Gen. Volkov

*Mutters something about Darwin awards* Wildwood, I can understand where you're coming from.. but why should doctors be immune from being made fun of? Teachers aren't, and they are the most important resource on the planet, so why should doctors get special treatment? And how could you possibly think that was serious? Its obviously a joke. And doctors should be no more immune to jokes than any other person.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

I thought it was funny. It's a joke! Why do people take things so seriously all the time...

Fun For None

Ha Ha Ha.

Funny joke.

Idiotic distorting of unrelated facts and statistics.

Kueller

Quick to jump to stupid conclusions about me, aren't you, Merc? That's the idea. It's distorte because it is supposed to be funny. If you don't believe it to be funny, you can shut your bloated, conceited, trap, and post somewhere else.
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

Wildwood

its only mildly funny

user posted image

Larrusus Deathspear

(uses topic as springboard to other topic)

this "clearly" highlights the #1 problem in the U.S. people are given to many freedoms and it's runnign this country to #%$&$5, becuase education in a requirement not a priveledge, people learn very few things and mess around in school. Becuase the constituation gived U.S. citizens the right to bear arms, gun-related deaths are extemely commonplace, the murder rate is really high. Because of the way the court system is set up, things that are clearly immoral and retarded can win you millions in a lawsuit. (ex.- a burglar falls through a ceiling window and falls on a knife left lying on the counter and sues homeowner). The way elections are run almost ensure that you have to be a Millionaire or company CEO to run for national office
Jesus Is a LIE
One of my classmates remarked that I "emanate evil"
MY science teahcer thinks i'm a muslim extremist
The mormons came to my house and I told them I worship satan
My neighbour think that I perform evil rituals on my porch when i burn candles
maybe I should run for president......

Regular Era 2
#391 Slasssk Troopers
Regular Era 3
#92   Slazzar Ectalask
#214  Slasssk Troopers
Regular Era 4
#37    Slasssk troopers

Wildwood

Quotethis "clearly" highlights the #1 problem in the U.S. people are given to many freedoms and it's runnign this country to #%$&$5, becuase education in a requirement not a priveledge, people learn very few things and mess around in school. Becuase the constituation gived U.S. citizens the right to bear arms, gun-related deaths are extemely commonplace, the murder rate is really high. Because of the way the court system is set up, things that are clearly immoral and retarded can win you millions in a lawsuit. (ex.- a burglar falls through a ceiling window and falls on a knife left lying on the counter and sues homeowner). The way elections are run almost ensure that you have to be a Millionaire or company CEO to run for national office

blah blah blah is all im seeing.  I could care less chances are im not gonna get shot in my life.

user posted image