Putting up ad banners.

Started by Trogdor 22, April 05, 2004, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

Quote from: The Lady Shael*nods* Absolutely, because everyone would love to visit our forum then, with those colorful, headache-striking flashing ad banners...
I'm not talking about anything flashy or annoying, just a little something at the top.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Sonoras

Having all those pop-up banners?
No.
Theres many reasons I love Warlords and one of the reasons is "No annoying pop-up banners"

*Hates those*

Wildwood

yea i would probably quit if they had ads.

P.S. Alex why aren't you playing in the game anymore
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Calantorntain

No banners.  No.  Not here.

I can understand some forums with banners (www.iidb.org, for example).  But that is because there are so many members that the webspace is really expensive, and the banners are nice and small, and they are for products that are actually rather cool (www.evolvefish.com, for example, which is advertised at the forum previously stated).  Those "Shoot the duck and win a small country!" things bug the living street lights out of me.
"Death death death death death death la la la la death" -- The Woad to Wuin

Ashyra Nightwing

*clings to the banner-free forums* Banners are flashy and evil and glowy and even pointier than guard towers. *noddles*

Veranor

If any ads were put here, the best for this place would probably be google text ads.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

IFman

retto pated to get rid of those
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Wildwood

no ads are ever gonna be put on this site if they do half the people in the game will leave
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

user posted image

sh0e

Quote from: Wildwoodno ads are ever gonna be put on this site if they do half the people in the game will leave
in my opinion thats quite shallow
shows how little support certain people are willing to give
if there ever comes a time when ads were a needed source of income for site support
and he was forced to use some sort of advertising or wanted to put some advertising
are you saying that you and a majority of others would just stop supporting this site?

Wildwood

sh0e, why do you always contradict me?  youve disagreed with me about 7 times, and you always say something bad about me.  im just saying i would leave and i know a lot of other people who would leave also

user posted image

sh0e

i honestly dont do it intentionally
i just disagree with a lot of what you say

btw the comment was in no way meant to target you
im saying that i find it (generally) very shallow for someone to discontinue support
over something as trivial as a few ad banners that could be needed or helpful to said persons

Riverpaw

Quote from: sh0eshows how little support certain people are willing to give
if there ever comes a time when ads were a needed source of income for site support
If it was absolutely necessary, and the ads were something at the bottom instead of the top, we'd click it once a week or so. I just don't want someone putting up ads just for the sake of doing so.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Sonoras

I would definetly leave RWL forever, and bid it good bye if anythink like banners would pop out of nowhere and eat your soul for breakfast.

sanaru

Ashyra Nightwing

I wouldn't leave RWL forever.. I'd still stay, even with banners..

I'm glued to this place..
:D