Putting up ad banners.

Started by Trogdor 22, April 05, 2004, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

Wouldn't it be a good idea to post ad banners on this forum? They'd generate a little profit for the people that run this place. I'm sure lots of people would like to advertise here.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Avenger Claw

Holby

I will not deleted this

Juby (Tercios)

advertising, the solution to everything (sarcasm).
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

The Lady Shael

*nods* Absolutely, because everyone would love to visit our forum then, with those colorful, headache-striking flashing ad banners...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Retto

The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Nohcnonk

Retto... hates advertising. ^_^

Wildwood

I am not sure, and I dont know much about tecnical stuff, but i think .org websites cant advertize.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

windhound

donno..  I think orgs can advertise..  not sure..

If Retto/Bose wanted advertisin they could just use a free invision board, thoes have thoes annoying flashin banners on them..  evil..  Tripod puts so many ads on their free sites that it almost impossible to focus on the content while popups come up from every direction and ads flash from unexpected places..  definatly not pretty..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

caedo caelestis

Quote from: windhounddonno..  I think orgs can advertise..  not sure..

If Retto/Bose wanted advertisin they could just use a free invision board, thoes have thoes annoying flashin banners on them..  evil..  Tripod puts so many ads on their free sites that it almost impossible to focus on the content while popups come up from every direction and ads flash from unexpected places..  definatly not pretty..
Invision was aparently free up to 2.0. I think it was the php version of Ikonboard, can't remember. Anyways as far as I know the only costs of this place are on rovl.org, which I think is owned by someone other then boze.

Back to the main idea of the topic, advertising would be almost useless on this site, as their is not enough unique traffick going through the site to generate that much revenue. In three simple words, waste of time.

Ashyra Nightwing

windhound

Quote from: caedo caelestis
Quote from: windhounddonno..  I think orgs can advertise..  not sure..

Invision was aparently free up to 2.0. I think it was the php version of Ikonboard, can't remember. Anyways as far as I know the only costs of this place are on rovl.org, which I think is owned by someone other then boze.

Back to the main idea of the topic, advertising would be almost useless on this site, as their is not enough unique traffick going through the site to generate that much revenue. In three simple words, waste of time.
*shrugs*
it's just that I've been to a few other forums that say invision free at the bottom and they have flashy banners at the top of every page..  kinda annoying..  I've never tried to setup a board, so I have no idea if they cost anythin or not..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ereptor

If retto could handle the advertising i am sure he would.  But rwl is kinda a community, and there is something about being loyal and such.  I mean that darn game vulpine emperium or whatever, you have to do all kinds of dumb ....  RWL is a little different, but, ehhh...
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Riverpaw

Sure, it'd make Retto and them a few bucks richer every month, but I seriously doubt it'll do anything good for the member base. I wouldn't be surprised if half the RWL-ers left. It's one of those "10 steps to self-destruction."

If done properly, advertising can be a gold mine, but has it ever been done properly? I think not.

:rolleyes:

Apparently, I need something to make me hyper.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

caedo caelestis

Quote from: windhound
Quote from: caedo caelestis
Quote from: windhounddonno.. ?I think orgs can advertise.. ?not sure..

If Retto/Bose wanted advertisin they could just use a free invision board, thoes have thoes annoying flashin banners on them.. ?evil.. ?Tripod puts so many ads on their free sites that it almost impossible to focus on the content while popups come up from every direction and ads flash from unexpected places.. ?definatly not pretty..

*shrugs*
it's just that I've been to a few other forums that say invision free at the bottom and they have flashy banners at the top of every page..  kinda annoying..  I've never tried to setup a board, so I have no idea if they cost anythin or not..
Those are places with free mySQL/serverspace/php. On most free hosting sites they don't offer SQL support, so there are a few dedicated just to BBs. The difference with advertising there is theoretically you have over 100+ redwall type communities.