The truth about Canada

Started by ~>John<~, March 31, 2004, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juby (Tercios)

errrr...hate to post after such a pretty post but I need to make one correction, we are bigger then Japan;
Exports - partners:  
Canada 23.2%, Mexico 14.1%, Japan 7.4%, UK 4.8% (2002)  
Imports - partners:  
Canada 17.8%, Mexico 11.3%, China 11.1%, Japan 10.4%, Germany 5.3% (2002)  
source: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbo...ok/geos/us.html
but I suppose that doesn't really affect Volkov's sentiments but Knowledge is power and all that jazz....
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

OK. I was mistaken, but the rest of the post still stands as written.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Why 2002? It's the beginning of '04 get the '03 stats.

People choices effect their lives. The top 2 reasons for being poor are. 1. Having a baby in High School 2. Dropping out of Highschool. Those are choices. My reasons why people are well-off 1. Rich parents. My family isn't poor, but were not well-off either. Anyone can be rich, but they have to make the right choices.
Juby, what about your dad? Feel free not to answer.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Myrhakel

Your first example only involves women. Secondly there are many poor people out there with college and university degrees. Lots of people with degrees can't find work. There are lots of homeless people with high school degrees. You can't just say that people are poor because of one thing or another.

A large percentage of poor people are children. It wasn't their choice to be born into a poor family. Most poor people live in nuclear families. So yeah ...

Here are the 2003 stats.

QuoteThe United States still trades more with Canada than with any other country. It sent goods to Canada in 2003 worth US$169.5-billion, up 5.3% from 2002. Canada sent $224.2-billion in goods to the United States, up 7.1% from 2002. The result was a trade surplus for Canada of $54.7-billion in 2003, up 12% from 2002.

Sad, frustrating report on Canada-U.S. trade relations
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

Well I'm not embarressed about it, one thing about when I became a communist is that I stopped feeling embarressed about being poor-ish, the only reason I get internet is cause It's free cause me and my mom live in my aunts basement apartment, my pops is a deadbeat living somewhere in Ontario.  But the number one reason for being poor is the poverty cycle.  Like I remember not being able to get my school supplies for over a month into the school year, and this isn't rare either, and if you want to learn you sit at the front, the teacher however will rag on you in front of the whole class telling you to get your stuff already, however if you just sit at the back, teacher never notices, however you pay less attention back there.  Also it's been proven that hunger seriously hampers your ability to learn, alot of kids can't afford breakfest(or can't stomach plain toast every morning for years so they skip it) or lunch.  Also it is not reasonable to expect rational thinking from a hungry person, if they aren't rational, crime looks very good because in every ghetto or hood there are quite a few rich people, but their rich through illegal means so they aren't around long but when you live in a poor community, the possibly of getting rich through illegal means seems much more realistic then going to university because you know people rich through illegal means and you know very few people who became rich through the university route.  Finally back to the concept of full employment, every capitalist nation, has a thing that's called a full employment level, In the states because of the high military spending it is at about 3 - 4%, in Canada it's about 6%, but it basically means that that is the maximum number of people who can be employed before inflation reeks havoc.  Inflation and Employment are reciprical, meaning when one goes up, the other goes down (unless you fail to properly use Keynsian economics like in the 70's, where they spent in the bad times and continued to spend in the good times (Keynes said you should spen in the bad times and save in the good times) and because they misused the keynsian idea they got stagflation).  So once you get unemployment down past full employment, infaltion has gotten out of control, because their are so many consumers spending money that demand is huge and prices go up because they can, but when prices go to far up, people will start to lose jobs becasue production costs go nuts.  This fundemental part of economics means their is not a job for everyone, poverty is inherant to capitalism, even if everyone is an extremely hardworking, many will still be unemployed (also, the unemployment rate only counts those who are looking for work, people who have given up or turned to crime or are in prison don't count, so really full employment % is much higher considering their are 20 million americans in jail, another statistic that I originally thought was fake but was true).  This means their isn't a job for everyone, you telling a poor unemployed person to get a job is just wrong because their simply is not a job for everyone.
edit: those stats were published by america, ask your government for more up to date info, and it's not like for Mexico to jump by like 10 % in two years of the market share.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Juska

MG, it takes 2 people to have baby. Your right capitalism doesn't work without poor people.  
Current Empires:

Myrhakel

Quote from: JuskaMG, it takes 2 people to have baby. Your right capitalism doesn't work without poor people.
Of the children born to high school aged girls only about 4% end up with the father. The rest end up with the mother or put up for adoption. In many cases the father provides no support for the child until he starts to have a full time job. Often the mother receives no support from the child's father and his family.
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: JuskaMG, it takes 2 people to have baby. Your right capitalism doesn't work without poor people.
and if capitalism doesn't work without poor people, then you can't exactly blame the poor for being poor now can you.  And you can't always expect rational behaivour from teens, I mean the hormones can drive us crazy.

KittyCatLover4ever

Poor people....can't afford computers....I'm not sure if they have been blessed or not because of this.  Without a computer they don't come here and get there minds warpped *talks to hand about pizza pieces in Taiwan* and they don't get their daily allotment of vitamin spam.

Juby (Tercios)

A used computer is pretty cheap now, the one I'm using is a hand me down from my grandma and basically every school in Canada has the internet.  So that's not true in Canada at least.

Juska

Juby at least capitalism works unlike communism.  
Current Empires:

Darth Sidious

Capitalism works. It's just not good for the poor, unemployed, and some of the middle class. Also, in most cases, the large corperations don't give a cr*p for the environment.

Communism works as well. Problem is, all our examples have been of Socially Authoritarian Communism ("State is more important than person").
user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: JuskaJuby at least capitalism works unlike communism.
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=4422

we already got into this debate, and capitalism does not work, people in the world are starving to death needlessly, if we really wanted to, we could easily save them but america insists on gluttony (58% of americans are obese).  To me that shows that capitalism is a crappy idea, the only thing good in it is that people can get rich (very very very few do however), If it "worked" then no one would be hungry.

Gen. Volkov

Apparently no one even payed attention to my post besides Juby. Well that's fine. I will not  reiterate my arguments for or against communism, but I will say that a system working has nothing to do with sate of the lowest rung, a system works as long as the economy and country can sustain itself. So capitalism does work. Communism in any form also works. As to which works better, thats in part a matter of what exactly you are talking about (as in, what you applying communism too), mostly of opinion. No casn we please stop? This is going nowhere.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

~>John<~

Since Juby claims he won that debate, I've posted.

Go there
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome