The truth about Canada

Started by ~>John<~, March 31, 2004, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alacazar

Invading canada would be easy,  Holding canada would be nigh imposable.   canada does not have a large armed forces,  and the equipment they ahve to sue is outdated.  but they are well trained,  sometimes to the average level of US special forces, navy seals, army rangers,  you get the picture.  IN other words, you might find yourself attacking a town and finding unexpectidly low defences, and later fighting unusualy well trained "civilians" later on.  

You would be invading a first world contry.  One that varies between 1st and 3rd most tecnologicly advanced country in the world.  AKA  unlike iraq,  where everyone thinks of bombs and guns when they tink of getting back at the "evil opressors"  You would be facing hackers attacking the infastructure of the united states.  Stealing from US banks to pay for the canadian resistance, Spying on the us intelegence network, feeding false intelegence into the network including false troop locations,   leading at worst to US forces attacking each other by mistake.  That kind of thing

Also US would be fighting brittan, for sure,    I beleave the queen of england still has constitutianal power in Canada.   AKA  we are self governing,  but if we are not able to fend for ourselves it is written into the canadian self government contract (or it was at one point in our history) wher she can take sovernt power over canada back.  hence invading canada may be taken as an attack on europe.  Dont know on that one for sure

You would be fighting the UN.   afterall  canada was the peacekeeper forces in the early days befor the united stakes took that role for themselves, and currently still has peackeeping forces deployed around the world, including places like afganistan and others.  

BTW   the war of 1812 and the other "unsanctioned military action" both met with bitter falior, in the war of 1812 us only wone one desisive victory, and that was shortly after the war ended, all other land combats were one by mixed brittish, colonial and native forces.   in the other ware the irish bregades ried to atack quebec.   lost horrably and fled when the us goverment confiscated their supply lines utterly tromped.  IN the war of 1812 however us forces basicly kicked Brittons but at sea.  So they had some thing going for them.

Recent history ,  the 2 world wars, canada faught from the beggining to the end,  in both wars the us only joined after the presidency could find a good excuse,  it is now argues that the uspresident knew about pearl harbor befor had and moved the carriors out of the harbor and to the west cost befor hand, and used it as an excuse, likewise the lusitania seems to hve been carrying weapons when it went down, they still dont know for sure,  but it got the american peoples thirsting for blood,  thats why its a bad idea to do something like hide a terrorist orginization that blew up the world trade center.....

ON the other hand candian forces in world war 1 did things loke close holes in the trenches after germany used the alied trenches as the sesting site for mustard and clorene gass attacks,  and in world war 2 canadian forces took at least one untakable hill.  Canadians were used as shock troops in both wars untill the us forces enterd, and did the job surprisingly well. LIkewise in canada there are towns that for periods after both wars there were town with 10 girls to each guy because of the seer number of people who through themselves into the war.  It got to the point where instead of instituting a draft, the canadian military had to institute the practice that is still used today,  they only take the best of the best of the best  

As far as china goes,  in the korian war, (pre vietnam) the united states was warned not to cross the chinese border. Several times.  After us forces crossed that line one commander in the us forces was quated as saying "retreating Bleep no  we are just fighting backwards"    Yes they had a million man standing army at the time, and still do now.  and no they didnt have enough guns for all their troops, What china said was if you see one of your comrads dead and you have no gun,  take his.  US could bomb china for 20 years, and not loose a jet, but would nto be albe to invade because in an ground engagment sheer numbers would  win.    

I know most of this has been said befor but i wanted to say my part because i cant leave wel enough alone.   My sorces are grade 10-12 canadian history classes taught in victoria BC, and grade 11-12 World studies/history classes taught in the tri-cities area of washington state.  so are faluable but still hopefully pretty balanced.    BTW    both countries tell a differnt side of history so both do not match in all places so sometimes the story we tell each other is incomplete......

Deathclaw

Quote from: alacazarYou would be fighting the UN.   afterall  canada was the peacekeeper forces in the early days befor the united stakes took that role for themselves, and currently still has peackeeping forces deployed around the world, including places like afganistan and others.  

The UN? And we're expected to be afraid of them? They're too much of wimps to do anything.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Darth Sidious

Cut down on the propaganda. It makes me sick...

A world under US neo-con leadership.... Oh well, the only good thing is that it would colapse pretty d*mn soon.

Superpower means that the US could blow up the world. It doesn't mean that US is invincible. It doesn't mean that other countries can't defeat the US. Because the US is, in fact, fragile. All nations are.

The US could totally colapse. Let's say China stops trading with the US... Or Japan. The US economy would likely colapse.
user posted image

Wildwood

Why the heck are you argueing?  You know that the U.S. is never going to invade Canada no matter what happens.  Canada and the U.S. are friends.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

heh, US is Canad'a biggest trading partner but at the same time, Canada is the US's largest trading partner, what would happen if we cut you off? WEll it would suck for Canada but the only problem we would have if surpluses, which would result in unemployment at first but at the same time everything would get cheap, so much food, wood, basically every resource is here and enough for way more then 30 million people and Canada is a high tech economy too so we can easily build any product you can think of (really the only thing we would miss is like california oranges) so we would bounce back once we have scaled back certain production and the entrepenuer had stepped up to build the things we usually let the americans builds which would make more jobs.  America however would have to scour markets around the world to get their natural resources (because the US simply does not have enough resources (maybe enough food) to supply it's nearing 300 million people.  Prices for goods in america could skyrocket, cause when theirs a shortage, demand seems huge (and the first rule of economics is that business' will always charge as much as they can get away with, demand goes up, prices always will in capitalism) and other nations could charge america whatever super inflated price they wanted to cause they could.  So in America, their would be mass shortages and super inflation, in canada their would be huge surpluses and cheap goods? who would it hurt more?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Darth Sidious

What Juby said is probably true. Canada bleeds itself dry.

I mean, what is the fricken' point of exporting more than we can afford to and then buying it back at higher prices?!
user posted image

Juska

The miltary is not a unemployment program, because there are jobs out there, but people are lazy! Lazy people won't do squat. They'd never make it through boot-camp. And any country can have patrism. Or maybe lolayism, whatever you want to call it.  America will never be Nazi Germany!!!!! We could be WWI Germany, Japan, Frace during Napolean, The Romans..... And on and on, but America will never do the things Nazi Germany has done. There will never be an American lead Holocaust on one kind of people. Given the chance I think some American nations would simply turn their countries over. We could occupy the Americas, like Juby said were not using our whole force in Iraq. Why would we invade the Americas? The only countries we'd invade are one with what we won't. The oil producing ones, which isn't all of them. Canada has very little to offer the US if invaded.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Juby (Tercios)

Juska, research the economic concept of Full employment, then you'll realize taht calling the unemployed lazy and saying theirs jobs for everyone is ignorant.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Darth Sidious

Ok, if I hear one more thing of "the unemployed and poor are lazy", I'm going to puke. In most cases, THE PEOPLE DON'T CHOSE TO BE POOR! Wow! A revelation!

Look, my family lives at/below the poverty line. My parents work harder than just about every rich person and most of the middle class. So STOP INSULTING POOR PEOPLE!

Gah!
user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

same here darth sidious, my mom works two jobs, 4 shifts as a waitress a week and a regular nine to 5 as a secretary, she makes about 20 grand a year canadian, which is around the poverty line after working a 64 hour week.

~>John<~

Well, not really so ignorant, because if the army is just an "unemployment program" like you claim [it's not really, but you don't get that] then why doesn't the 5.6 percent just join the army.

Good news, 308,000 jobs created in March :)

The poor are not lazy. The unemployed, in some cases, are.

You are being rude by saying your parents work harder when in reality most middle class people work as hard as they can just in higher paying jobs.

It's common knowledge that doctors are usually well off and yet they spend a ton of time working. For example, go to work at 6, get off at 10, get possibly night calls.

Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Myrhakel

Quote from: ~>John<~The poor are not lazy. The unemployed, in some cases, are.

You are being rude by saying your parents work harder when in reality most middle class people work as hard as they can just in higher paying jobs.

It's common knowledge that doctors are usually well off and yet they spend a ton of time working. For example, go to work at 6, get off at 10, get possibly night calls.

And that is why we should become communist. Thank you John.  :P

Do you have any idea what medschool costs and how hard it is to get in? Either education costs have to go way down or their salaries have to stay high.
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

what are you talking about John? and not everyone wants to join the Army John, alot of people would prefer unemployment to the army, why do you think theirs all those recruitment commercials on TV? Do you really think the American military needs more people? No, it's already uselessly big.

Wildwood

forget unemployment, i would rather die than join the army
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

Aren't you guys tired of arguing yet? Couple corrections though... America is currently paying its farmers NOT to grow crops, cause if they did, we wuld have to much. Also, we are one of the largest exporters of several crops. Yes Canada important resources, but the truth is, most of our stuff does not come from Canada. JAPAN is America's biggest trading partner, while AMERICA is Canada's largest trading partner, so if you were to cut us off, you guys would have more problems than us. After all, we are the largest and most infulential economy on the planet. No one else even comes close to our net and gross GDP. America can survive without Canda, but Canada cannot survive without America. Much as you might like to think otherwise. However, Canada is a great country, and I am tired of arguing about all this, so how about we just all think what we want to think and talk of this no more? I have been to Canada, and its one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, and while patriotism is great and all, what's the point of arguing over it when the countries in question are as closely knit as America and Canada? I joke when I say that Canada is "America North" but the sentiment I am expressing is close to the truth. They are our great Northern Neighbors, and our two countries are so closely bonded that we might as well be one, because goinf across the border is almost as easy as going into our out of a national park. So can we please stop now? Both countries are great, and lets just leave it at that?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES