Next Turbo Setup

Started by Retto, March 21, 2004, 12:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashyra Nightwing

Clans are indeed fun. I'd like some clans in the next set..

Gen. Volkov

I want big clans next set, and no ladders, unless you take Peace's suggestion, but personally I think that would mean no real difference between that and the regular system. A top ten for each location could work I guess, so more people would enter Mossflower, but even so, the first in would have land problems. The BEST idea is land farms though, if you have ladders again, have land farms for each location, cause the BIGGEST problem was someone dropped land in Mossflower, which is good sense strategically, but cause chronic land shortages when you have that few people who can no longer scout for land.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juby (Tercios)

wait, if we made a top ten for each area (ie the people in southsward can advance without being in the top ten just by being the top ten southswardians) wouldn't everyone eventually get into mossflower, cause it would get to a point where soon as you sign up you start in the top ten of southsward cause everyone advanced.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

Yeah probably, so mebbe the separate top tens aren't such a good idea after all.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Blood Wake

I like big clans, that rule about only haveing three people in a clan was idiotic, cause if there is a group of four friends who want to make a clan they cant, i dont like the ladder thingy, it was stupid, all the land was in mossflower and i couldnt get to it. i think it would be a nice change if everybeast started in mossflower to be a bit more like the books cause there arent many books that take place in southsward and those that do are also in mossflower. (i havent read marial, bellmaker, or salamandastron though so i mey be wrong) *thinks* what else would be good? oh, that land farm thing what do you mean by that? if land is dropped it means you get more land from scouting till its gone? cause that would be cool
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Sonoras

Big clans are fun, I didn't really like having only three in a clan because I could never join one.

Land....farm?

It would be cool to see only the players in your era, or, if selected, all eras, because I always want to attack a guy I see, and when I attack I have to make raiders.

IFman

I like the ladder system with the top ten in each location, with location compititions and small clans.
complicated
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Jango Fett

What is wrong with everyone moving to Mossflower, or even Northlands?  There is none, I don't know why you don't think that a top ten for each location is a good idea.
Jango Fett (#19)

user posted image

user posted image

One Skiffie Person

Clans, biiig clans.  That way, all Skiffer massers could join and winna win.. :D  

Aurra Sing

*snort* Everyone would just build lots of towers and attack us with the other troop types. Though a skiffie clan woudl be fun. Just because.  :D  
user posted image

user posted image

One Skiffie Person

Nah, I have lostsa Leaders to!  And I get other troops, mostly Skiffers though! ;)  

windhound

hey, I've just thought of a rather good idea..
if its not too much trouble for Retto, I think we should disable leaders for the next round.  If you think about it, all the people of the past top tens almost always have absurd amounts of huts and leaders, thus are able to generate tonnes of cash and food..  should leaders be cut off, that would force people to go back to like what was before people started to use them, and build other things like markets and barracks and such..  it'd be very spiffy just to try that out..  it'd also put a hinderance on food massing..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juby (Tercios)

I really like that idea of windy's.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Blood Wake

I will sometimes go an entire round without building one hut, but i like leader strats
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Badrang the Tyrant

Not entirely without Leaders.  Then I couldn't perform Corsair or Pressgang! :(  :(