Next Turbo Setup

Started by Retto, March 21, 2004, 12:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Okay...planning for next turbo's setup...what do you want?

Do you like the ladder system? Should we try to put in top tens for each location?

Do you want Land Farms? Should they just spend all their turns scouting? Should all dropped land go there?

Do you want Clans? Big clans? Small clans? No Clans?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Wildwood

I do want clans and I do not want the ladder system.  Other than that, the previous turbo setup was perfect.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

lonewolf

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic Science, AAFS, President Dr. Don Harper Mills astounded his audience with the

Nohcnonk

Biiiig clans!  Land farms as well, dropping land is evil, and more land is much more fun and the game progresses faster.  The ladder system... I think it's too hard for most of the players to access the land in Mossflower, because the warlords in Mossflower clog up the top ten.  Also, there should be a land farm for each location, because there could be one warlord that is drpping land, and Mossflower(or Northlands) wouldn't have nearly as much land to work with.  A ton ten for each location would be a very good idea, but I think the % of warlords that would have to be in your location should probably go up if you do that.

wolf bite

What nohc said about land farms in each county, but not change the % needed in locations or have clans.

I think if we have a top ten in each location then % will not be a problem as people will be moving north faster.

If we have clans and only one clan moves north, there will be no one to attack.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: Retto

Do you like the ladder system? Should we try to put in top tens for each location?

yes, I really like this idea right here, the laddering idea isn't bad, just a little awkward the way it is now.

Edit: I'm in favour of BIIIIIGGGG clans
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Nohcnonk

Hehe, it would be rather bad for one guy yo get stuck ina location where all of the players are in the same clan XD  That's probably not gonna happen though.  Clans do have some downsides for the game, but most are in favor of them and I think they make the game a lot funner to play.  We haven't had large clans on Turbo for a while, either.

Badrang the Tyrant

Clans:  Yes!  Only 10 at the most though...
Ladder System:  No!  Not really that fun.  I want my Mossflower! B)
Land Farms:  Good idea!  I like it...
Top Ten for each location:  It wouldn't hurt, so I say yes.

Wolf Snare

QuoteTop Ten for each location: It wouldn't hurt, so I say yes.

I say no... wouldn't that make the game really complicated?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Nohcnonk

Not really... there'd be a tab at the top where you could cut it down only to people in your location, so you know who's in the top ten.

wolf bite

Or maybe you can only see your location unles you flip the tap to see all.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Aurra Sing

Clans. Big clans. *nods*
user posted image

user posted image

alacazar

I woudl be happy if the current latter system stayed,  with small 3 person clans and a land farm in each area where all dropped land goes

alacazar

Peace Alliance

First thing you need to do is fix the ladder system. The problem with it was that once we got in mossflower, we clogged the top 10 so that few shouthwarders could move with us.

So what you have to do, is make it so that to be in the top 10 in shouthward, it doesn't count the people from different locations. that way more people would be advancing.

Clans would be cool, especially if being in a clan gave you the ability to set people in other locations to war and going at 'em? I think there woul dhave to be restrictions there, but it would be a great way to make clans a good advantage.

Land farms are interesting, but i rather liked the amount of land in the game this season, there wasn't any land starvation other then in mossflower and that was because there were only 14 of us... and that problem could be solved with the new idea for advancing i just suggested, and with clans abil to attacking intrelocationally (if thats not a word it should be!).

also, i suggested this already, but if you could make another drop down menu to the right of the ones for attack groups, one that would set it for all four, that could make things easier to set up qickly. Otherwise we have to set each group individually even if we want em all the same.

Would clans be able to send aid to other members in a different location?

Nos

I Like Clans, Clans are fun, though i dont know if i'd personally run another one this upcoming round, i'd certainly be willing to join one, the one thing i didn't like about this round was that there was no clans and as so many have posted being in mossflower makes me have dreams of how 20k is amazingly large amount of land :P