The best race.

Started by Trogdor 22, March 17, 2004, 08:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Wolf Bite I would like to point out one thing, say your the wildcat and you currently have 20k land so that's 4k huts = 400,000 leaders if my some miracle there full and you take over 3 times the land of the most land fat players, so lets say 120k, to live off your markets and foragers your going to need quit a few so lets put 40% of the land into markets and foragers, now you build your other land 30% barracks 30% leaders so now you have 40k huts and only 400,000 leaders to get the required ratio for pressgang (90-110) you need to get 3.6mil leaders in less than 200 tunrs because there is no way your getting 100k land in less than 250 turns, your never going to fill your huts and be able to pressgang as well, it is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've played a troops using wildcat.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

wolf bite

But you have not taken into account that during your run you don?t need any towers. So using your numbers, 40 % of your land is going to be in markets and foragers, fine. But then as you are gaining all that land, you will not have a need to keep building any more barracks because the army you have is breaking the weak leader players and you have 4 types of armies in case you have to change your type of attack. You will also not have to keep adding resources buildings because your army is not growing much so you would actually have more huts, but lets say you keep the 40% resources built to make this harder for me to prove.  

So you start with 20k land. After you reach 60k, you stop building barracks and even start tearing them down as you recover health. So the last 200 turns of attacking has 40% resources and 60% huts.  Leaving you with 60% of your 120K land in huts = 72K huts. You will gain more then 5M leaders. You then start tearing down the huts to get a ratio and build towers. Then pressgang out your turns and take all your stored armies off the market.  You have over 5 mil leaders; although I am not sure of the math anymore on towers it helps (500 leaders per tower up to 50% of your leaders?) to your leaders for defense only. So you have the defensive Leader value of 7.5 (?) mil leaders sitting on 120k land. Even a person with 20K land with 3.5 mil leaders will not be able to go over you. You end with 48K or less in resources, 28.5K in huts, and 43.5 or more in towers.

Leader defense
Attackers adjusted ratio: 3.5M leaders /  ((20k + 120K) / 2 = 70k) = 50%
Defending ratio 7.5M leaders / 120K land = 62.5%

Army defense:
43.5K towers, 21,720,000 DP, will hold off 10.8M rats, or 4.3M Stoats with an even race bonus.
Plus the wildcats VERY LARGE armies standing next to his towers.

A leader player that has once had, and held, 40K land will have mercs of about 10M in each army type.

Remember also that a marten has a ?10 in attack and a wildcat has a +16 in defense, so reduce their fighting force by about 26% (I dont want to do the exact math and I am basing this on a even fight being a win).

10M rats at a cost of 4B will have a 20M ? 26% = 14.8M OP and will not even get over your towers with the wildcat having no rats.
10M weasels at a cost of 8B will have a 20M ? 26% = 14.8M OP and will not even get over your towers with the wildcat having no weasels.
10M stoats at a cost of 16B will have a 50M ? 26% = 37M OP and the wildcat will need 6M stoats to hold him off.
10M Skiffs at a cost of 24B will have a 80M ? 26% = 59M OP and the wildcat will need 6M skiffs to hold him off.

And yes, the leader fighter could have stuff on the market, get aid, or spend 52B to get all their mercs and standard attack you. But the cost to them to get the wildcat?s land would be ? high.

I never said it was easy nor perfect, but trust me that it can (has) worked.  

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

Wildcats gain 45 leaders fo every 100 huts. Ok, Lets say you have built everything and taken all the land except for building th huts. Your down to 200 turns. 72k-5k= 67k huts you are building it takes you 40 turns to build that up, so your down to 160 while that happens your gaining 32,400 leaders a turn, at the end of 40 you have 1696000 leaders. After another 40(120) you have 2992000 leaders, you huts contain 7,200,000 at full. After another 40 tursn you 4288000(80) after another 40, 5584000(40) after your last 40 your are nearing it at 6880000, Now at any point you could demolish your huts and pressgang, I'm not doing th math to figure when it the right moment though.

All my figures were taken from in-game test please feel free to read the code to see if I'm truthful.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Badrang the Tyrant

How about you two stop arguing?  We've had this discussion many times before...

I have recently tried Weasel for the first time on Turbo.  I must say, with Training settings so that you gain 0 Skiffs per turn, you can raise an army fairly quickly.  Then to make up for your precious Skiffies, Corsair 20 times and gain around 500 mil of them...Weasels be pretty spiffy in my book! ;)  

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: OrcristInteresting- but what happens when a marten gold miner buys like all skiffs. Since you pressgang, wouldn't your economy be a little hurting and so you won't be able to buy as many skiffs as you'd like. So you could be broken. Wouldn't that be able to happen also?
Sorry to double post (my first in a while), but I just read this.

That is why you have a high Skiff training level....

Darth Sidious

Heh, 500 million skiffs, eh?
user posted image

Wolf Snare

*snickers*

I fall a bit short of 500 mill.... mind sending some my way? :lol:  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Badrang the Tyrant

Sorry Wolf Snare..I use them up in a couple of attacks. :)  

Kueller

Wow! Maybe you need to "Raise Defenses"! With all those losses, and with skiffs!
You know, I used to be a weasel, but when I corsaired 20 times I only got around 500K, not 500M!
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

One Skiffie Person

Ohhh, I like Skiffies!  (Hence the name)  I usually gain around 500k as well.*noddeth*

Badrang the Tyrant

For those who didn't catch the sarcasm:  It is almost impossible to gain 500 mil Skiffs in 20 Corsairs.  

I thought youse guys would catch that... :ph34r:  

Kueller

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantFor those who didn't catch the sarcasm:  It is almost impossible to gain 500 mil Skiffs in 20 Corsairs.  

I thought youse guys would catch that... :ph34r:
And you didn't catch OURS? *shakes head sadly* Hi, new skiff person! *coughAshyracoughorperhapswindycough*
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

Ashyra Nightwing

It's not me..

Hi, skiffy person!

..I once gained 250,000 skiffs per Corsair.. that was on Turbo though..

Badrang the Tyrant

QuoteAnd you didn't catch OURS? *shakes head sadly*
Well, mine was more eaily comprehended.. ;)  

One Skiffie Person

Heya Ashyra and Kueller!

No, me be not Ashyra, but I did askded her to join me Skiffie clan! *hopes she and Zephyrus joins*