The best race.

Started by Trogdor 22, March 17, 2004, 08:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

What is the best race for an army based strategy? I think the best race would have to be Wildcat.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

crow, cause alot of people are intimidated by you :D , really it's probably marten...
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

wolf bite

wild cat is a great army based race.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

hmm.. wildcat, yes- you can do Pressgang

Marten- yes, you can Goldmine and buy troops with the money..

Nohcnonk

For an strat where you have a lot of troops at all times; wildcat would work very well.

Juska

What do you mean by army based? Army based as in you use army for attacks? Or as in you sell troops for money(indy) or as in no leaders? Marten would be ok, but Wildcat is the best even without pressgang and rat is second best. Though no use going indy when the pub sucks and martens rule.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Kueller

I tried to be a Wildcat and accidentally picked Stoat...
I'm going to probably try and mass a bunch of leaders, then rebel, switch to Wildcat, and build up troops...
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

Ben Miff

I'd go for ferrets. 10% bonus to offense and defense, and a -10% bonus to mercenary costs.  

Badrang the Tyrant

Pressgang will get you your army in no time.  Just be sure and have a high Skiff setting.

wolf bite

Quote from: JuskaWhat do you mean by army based? Army based as in you use army for attacks?

Army Based as in you have an even army, live off your foragers and markets, have huts at about 20% and as many towers and your economy will let you.

Such a strat useing wildcat is great at attacking and defending.  Most people are going to the leader strats now or massing strats.

With an even army based strat you can always find some army that can break the enemy. You are hard to break becuase you also have towers. You are never rich so the leader fighters rarely find interest in you for missions and they useally dont buy more armies then they need to find the weak spot in Massers and other Leader fighters. Your only enemy that can damage you is the massers, but unless you have a lot of land, they will not want the loss in army attacking you.

Then after a few rounds of building troups you save turns, look for good timing, then take land so that you have at least 3 times what everyone else does. Then build as many huts and towers as your economy will let you, then Pressgang and buy skiffs. Your leaders plus the tower bonis will fend off most leader ratios, Leader fighters wil not want to buy enough armies to break you because it take to long to get reid of them. Your large army and towers will fend off massers.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Orcrist

Interesting- but what happens when a marten gold miner buys like all skiffs. Since you pressgang, wouldn't your economy be a little hurting and so you won't be able to buy as many skiffs as you'd like. So you could be broken. Wouldn't that be able to happen also?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

wolf bite

Yes, skiffs are a weak point. I said above that the wildcat would have to buy skiffs, or maybe he could use skiffs as his attacking army (army management = 20, 10, 20, 50) so he would have them on hand. Also most Leader fighters only have one type of army, so they rarely stay with much land for long.  Sometimes they will have a friend attack them to lower their land or there are the criminals that drop land so that they can get a ratio to protect their resources. Either way, their mercs are not overly high. During the few rounds of turns with a fall army, the wildcat is likely to have built up his mercs much more then the leader fighter. Agreed that the wildcat may not have the funds to buy them all.  He could also sell off some of his unwanted armies for the ones he is low in.  But don?t forget that the wildcat in this strategy has a lot of towers when he tries to make his hold.  I did not say it was perfect, but with everyone playing a leader-cash strat now, it could put a big dent in the game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Wildwood

I go with whatever the most people have because i do not know much about the game and lots of good people pick marten.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Trogdor 22

So what you're saying is, your a lemming?
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Wildwood

Sure Alex, sure.  
Boy this stinks at sarcasim.

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image