Gaining Networth

Started by Nos, March 15, 2004, 07:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nos

Ok, I know i'm not a great player, but I also know i'm not a bad player, on average I can get to the top ten and stay there for a while when I want to, but what i dont understand is how people like Noc, and Wolf Bite and Holby (who right now i'm still not to happy with :P), but anyways, can get a country to over a billion networth, it doesn't seem to work I dont know how they are doing this, I can top out at about 120-140 mill networth then if I try to do anything I prolly drop down a million networth over 450 turns or I stay right where I was at without gaining or loosing, just wasting turns it seems, so i dont know am I doing something wrong, is there some special trick to this, the only way i've managed to get above 200 is with a friend sending me troops, anybody with advice on what i should be doing to get past this 140 mill networth mark please either post here or message me in game my name is DeathFromAbove(#24) right now, yeah yeah, i'm not crow anymore I know, I know. anyways anybody with any  helpful suggestions would be appreciated. :D  

Juby (Tercios)

It's the leader strategy, If you build all huts, (you need to build up a decent stockpile of cash before doing this) then you will eventually get 100 leaders for every hut (You can then on a calculator divide your leaders by 175 and you'll see what the optimum land level is (note, if it says like 17 142.8, then round up to 17 143, you'll lose quite a few leaders for that fraction of an acre) so after you have your optimum amount of land figured out (175 leaders per acre is the optimum) you take the optimum land, subtract the amount of land you have and then mentally turn the minus into a plus, ignore the decimal, so if it's 12 856.1, ignore the decimal and delete 12 856 acres of land).  Now with the many many leaders you go to your generals hut and leader loot and leader feast (leader feast gets you the most networth, unless your marten).  The amount of money and food you will earn is ridiculous, and to keep up your army, buy mercs and look for deals on the market.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Sebulba

*grinneth*
Nohc does it with all cash usually..  and a few times he gets burned doin that due to people stealing..
but, he usually masses anywhere from 100-200 bil cash during the month and spends that on troops and food the last week..  

you can also use the market to store stuff and take it off later for a decent net jump..
windhound, warlord of Sebulba
user posted image
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

Exactly what I was gonna reccomend.. but really I suggest not going for number one. For several reasons. One, its hard to maintain once your there, two its no funn because people are constantly attacking you, and your retals generally only drop your NW. And lastly, well the lower ranks are just more fun. That is why I never go for first, I did for a little while this round of Turbo.. but my horde was all out of balance to do so and I just didn't like it. So I am dropping food and troops and decreasing my net to go have fun with lower ranked peoples...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: Gen. Volkovbut really I suggest not going for number one. For several reasons. One, its hard to maintain once your there, two its no funn because people are constantly attacking you
heh, unless your windy
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

Yiss... very true. If you are windy, people don't tend to attack, cause you are mostly just massing food.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sebulba

;)  sending out billions of cash and food to everyone who asks didnt hurt Nero either..  'cept his net..  *ponders how much net nero wouldve have gained if not for the aid*
hehe..
windhound, warlord of Sebulba
user posted image
user posted image

Holby

I figured the point was always to reach #1, and I try to reach it every time I play. You know, some intelligent person said "Aim for the moon, but even if you don't reach it, you'll fall among the stars." I think it's a great outlook.

Nos, I don't think there is any problem with your strat, just there's not enough land to play it.
There are many ways to get a high Net, leaders are probably the best way, but it's up to you. You also don't have to follow it as Juby said, it can be flexible. :)
Read what Wolf wrote about them in the journal, and I also wrote a topic in the Loren forums if you have access to that. PM Devari for the pass if you don't, I can't remember it. :P  
I will not deleted this

Aurra Sing

Quote"Aim for the moon, but even if you don't reach it, you'll fall among the stars."

The stars are much father away than the moon.
user posted image

user posted image

Nohcnonk

Acting smart only makes you look dumb.  I would tell you my secret... but...  it would be a secret no longer! :P  

Nos

Ok, I do run the leader loot stratagy I think its called, I can like i said jump myself up to about 120 mill networth with virtually no problems at all, but once i get that high up leader loot seems useless, the amount i loose of food and money compared to what i get is too high so its almost like i'm standing still not gaining money or food at that point.
I can forsee getting to like maybe 200 mill networth with 50k land like i got right now, but i got no clue how people can get to over a billion networth on 20k land.

Juby (Tercios)

either giant or small armies I'd bet

Wolf Snare

It's simple, people (yes, especially Nohc) stockpile money and food. massive piles of food and money. thats all it is... with that little of land they have no need for troops, so nothing drops their income. Holby has done this on several occasions in the end and pull masses of food off of the market just in time. Wolf is another who favours that type of strat.. its really just common sence....  so get rid of your troops, because they arent going to do much when you get to mossflower, people are going to farm you for land all the same... I recomend using the land as best you can before it gets taken by the evil Nohc and Sheba,they will take it all! :snicker:
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Aurra Sing
The stars are much father away than the moon.
*Laughs*

I think she stuck a fork in that saying.

:lol:   :lol:  
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

IFman

I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.