Spring break CANADA

Started by Peace Alliance, March 13, 2004, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFman

I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Almkman

That would depend on were you live.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Kueller

Quote from: Death EaterYeah Canada!

America...meh....too Yankee for me. And I hate baseball (so boooring). Hockey is 10 times better, and we OWN it.

March Break! Yeah!
Actually, Canada does not own it. Right now Europe has just as many QUALITY pro players as canada, though Canada also has tons of third-liners. There are probably more European superstars than Canadian superstars, but, Canda has more people to fill in the spots to finish an actual team. Also, can you people getit through your heads that there is essentially no Canada or America but North America? They're almost ezzacly the same, sheez!
"The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin." -- Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to
his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money."  -- G.  Gordon Liddy

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

One of my favorite all-time Star Wars scenes (from Darksaber):
Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

Almkman

Exactely the same?Where do you get that impression?

Kueller

I live two hours away from the nearest Canadian town, thank you very much. *evilly sneezes at Adan's skeptisism*
Also, why'd you change your name?

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
-- Winston Churchill

I am not a member of the recent group of Star Wars peoples, nor am I copying them.

user posted image

Shoot the enemy! Kam Solusar commanded. Reflexively, the gunner followed the order. He fired both heavy laser cannons at full power. The Imperial Juggernaut exploded under its own firepower. Kam Solusar ducked, but the trunk of the Massasi tree shielded him from the flying shrapnel. He shook his head in disgust. "Stupid idiots," he thought, then slipped off to meet another target.

Almkman

People could never spell it right.Except for a few.*stares at Dead Eye*

Kueller

Almkman? Er, yeah, I think...  :huh:  

-- Winston Churchill

user posted image

Almkman

Gen. Volkov

Oh for the love of Pete! Neither country is better than the other... all comparisons are arbatrary and subjective by nature.. so will everyone just SHUT UP? And whoever made the point about Canada and America being very similar.. he or she is correct, the only real difference is that America has more people and therefor more crazies, well that and nuclear weapons.. but that just shows how crazy we are.. look at the other countries that have em.. filled with crazy people. (If you couldn't tell, the whole nuclear weapons speech was in jest) SO will people just stop? Please? Don't make us nuke you! *Grins*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: Ad?nIf Canada is a better place to live,then why does America get more immigrants?
uhh Canada is only accepting 300 000 to 400 000 Immigrants a year which is more per capita then America and way more then most other 1st world nations.  Canada does own hockey, last olympics, we won both men and womens hockey golds.  No we are not the same, a famous thesis on the difference put forth was that Canada was founded by A) the French (who lost the 7 years war) B) Loyalists (who lost in the American revolution) and C) Native Americans (who lost in everything) that we are a more comprimise based nation where Majority rule is a much more fundemental part of america, ie theirs usually a winner and a loser in america in most issues, also because we gained independance peacefully and you through warfare contributes to our mindset, Canadians could build nuclear weapons in a milli second if we chose to (our nuclear power plants are amoung the best in the world) we refuse, whereas america decided to build a nuclear arsenal.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Kueller

RazorClaw, y'all. Hehe, Me is beeg Star Wars fan, reads all EU novels, watches movies million times over, makes up nanotechnology shield generators that work like vibroblades, blows up TIEs repeatedly in all rogue squadron games, blah, blah, blah.

-- Winston Churchill

user posted image

Juby (Tercios)

*looks over history notes* I beleive the Thesis I was talking about was the Lipset Thesis.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

Actually it is markedly harder to create a nuclear weapon than it is to build a nuclear reactor. And it is hard to judge exactly what makes one reactor "better" than the other. Most modern reactors have about the same level of quality.. just a different design. Your CANDU reactors are certainly good... but to judge them "better" is hard.. in fact the only time I can think one can be judged against another is if it is poorly designed, like the Russian reactor at Chernobyl. And the decision to build a nuclear arsenal in America was made well before any country other than the Soviet Union even HAD nuclear technology. Don't oversimplify things.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Juby (Tercios)

hmmmm, I said it was among the best, so not better necessarily, although the CANDU reactors have the benefit of multiple chambers so they can be refueled without being completely turned off, and wasn't chernobyl more of a poorly maintained and unsafe work practises then design flaw, not positve on that though... But Canada is in the front pack in nuclear technology, you must admit that we could build a nuclear weapon easily.

Gen. Volkov

Well in order for it to be among the best.. it would have to be better than something. But whatever, yes CANDU reactors are a great design, as good if not better than most of the ones we have in America. Chernobyl's bad design was exacerbated by the fact that that it was poorly maintained and had unsafe work practices, but the majority of the reason it failed was its horrible design. I did my senior research paper on nuclear power is how I know this. Canada is indeed near the head of the pack, and could probably design and build a nuclear weapon should it so choose, but how easy it would be I could not tell you. The difference between the two are quite large. But yes, Canada could make one should it want too. But unless we helped, they would be nowhere near as advanced as our current ones. No offense, but our modern nuclear weapons are very complex. MUch more complex than the basic design we started out with.