Newbies

Started by General Austin, March 09, 2004, 11:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~>John<~

once you become emperor, you do that
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

wolf bite

I just love to sit at rank 40 only doing 4 or 5 attacks per person and then have people try to bully me. They threaten me to send them aid, they demand I join their clan, they tell me that some big player is going to beat me up. One person even told me that they would have Wolf Bite attack me unless I sent them all my money. hehe. Then I have fun with them and keep them working to fix their economies.  This is just something I do as I wait for someone to take the top so I can I have a worthy person to fight.

I think of it as that next time they will not be so fast to pick a fight with someone that was not being aggresive at the time.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Darth Tyrannus

How interesting. I would think a good player would like to show off his talents by getting in first and staying there. Holby does that, but then maybe he is just more competitive than you.
user posted image
user posted image

~>John<~

Wolf Bite doesn't need to "show off" As you say.

Haha.

Holby gets bored, he doesn;t need to show off either
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Darth Tyrannus

It seems many good players in this game choose not to show that they are. The question of needing to is not relevant, because good players should naturally just go to the top, if they play at their best, however, Wolf Bite does not. It seems rather strange to me.
user posted image
user posted image

wolf bite

Make a run for the emperorshig and hold it? Been there - done that, over 20 times in 17 differant games. Gets boring.  I have NO need to prove that I can.  

Then I spent time teaching people, that was more fun. But the most fun is teaching bullies manners. Hehe.  I think it is good for the bullies to know that one of the unknown faces that they may pick on could wipe them out.  My way of helping new people by making people think a bit more before trying to wipe out a seemingly new player.

Besides, it is a better to challenge to stay weak, then taking down some emperor that is ?unbeatable.?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juby (Tercios)

agreed, it's always fun to beat down a would be bully and teach them manners.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: Rough Raidersmmmmmm spam

Im new! wellll not really....kinda i just came back......uh...... even though ive been here since like 1st era.....
We all know that is poo...

Germania

Quote from: wolf biteI just love to sit at rank 40 only doing 4 or 5 attacks per person and then have people try to bully me. They threaten me to send them aid, they demand I join their clan, they tell me that some big player is going to beat me up. One person even told me that they would have Wolf Bite attack me unless I sent them all my money. hehe. Then I have fun with them and keep them working to fix their economies.  This is just something I do as I wait for someone to take the top so I can I have a worthy person to fight.

I think of it as that next time they will not be so fast to pick a fight with someone that was not being aggresive at the time.

Wolf Bite
Here's an example of Wolf Bite's situation, gotta love kamakaze.

Would you like to become part of The Clan of Tyranny?

I'll give you ten minutes to respond. Do you want to join Tyrant, or
not?

I'll tell my very large friend (the one up top) to Murder you a
few times. Or I could get another one of my friends to do it. While they
are doing that, I will take your land with my Otters or Mice...Don't
believe me?

I get threats from nOObs every day.... You think this is any
different?

The Emperor

One word. Priceless.
Feel the wrath of the Emperor!

user posted image

user posted image

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't aim to be Empress, really. I aim to keep the top ten free from large clans clogging everything up. Most of my turns are spent simply surviving, so I know I'd never be able to take the top.  I can attack the top, and I'm happy with that..
:)  

Gen. Volkov

Yiss. Wolf is right, its more fun and harder to play in the low ranks than in the high ranks. I could prolly be in the top ten every set if I wanted too. But I'm not, cause I would rather mess around in the low ranks. I have even started doing that in Hack. Sure I could just go straight to the top and stay there, but that's no fun. I do the same at FaF and in Turbo. I voluntarily dropped my 2nd place ranking after I got knocked outta first. Cause I don't like to be on top, its boring. Only reason I'm still near the top is cause I'm in Mossflower and only highranking people are in it, so I have to stay there to get land. I hate the ladder system.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Checkerpaw

Quote from: The EmperorOne word. Priceless.
That's not the adjective that first comes to my mind.  

;)   :rolleyes:

Seriously, that is just idiotic.  What a bunch of know-it-alls.  People like that deserve to have their empires squashed.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

The Emperor

Volkov, have you ever won a set in RWL? If not, playing around in the low ranks just goes to show your "lack of" skill, unlike Wolf Bite...
Feel the wrath of the Emperor!

user posted image

user posted image

Garagas Ledavas

Quote from: The EmperorVolkov, have you ever won a set in RWL? If not, playing around in the low ranks just goes to show your "lack of" skill, unlike Wolf Bite...
He's talking about Hack Infiltration, where he dominates and is emp every time he wants to be.

And as for RWL, look in his sig.
QuoteHighest rank ever: 4th in Reg. 3rd in turbo (1st in both.. but these I held for more than one day.)
Reg- Garagas Ledavas #248

Turbo-Garagas Ledavas II #139

Former Reg. Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #152 - 10

Darth Bane #47 - Emperor

Former Turbo Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #168 - 10

Garagas Ledavas #9 - 2

Garagas Ledavas #7 - Emperor

user posted image