How do you like your steak?

Started by Ruatine, March 08, 2004, 03:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Gen. Volkov

windy> Ah. Well. I can understand that.. I guess I'm just used to knowing where my food came from. But I mean really.. cows don't think much either, some the stupidest animals ever to walk the face of this earth. I've seen one walk into an electric fence, moo in pain, back up, and walk into it again. Don't feel bad just cause they had brains, they don't have much of one. *Laugh* But will say no more. And yes, I do capitalize it just to annoy you Windy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juby (Tercios)

hmmm...I'm a little intrigued philosophically on how we value life based on it's similarity to ourselves, Does thought define the value of life? Does feeling? Does blood?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

Heck I dunno. I'll eat it as long as it isn't brussels sprouts or asparagus.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Checkerpaw

I love steak.  It's one of my favorite things to eat, if not my favorite.

I prefer mine anywhere from medium-well to well-done.  Closer to the medium-well area though, because a lot of times "well-done" starts to = burnt.

QuoteI shall continue to be a vegi... mostly 'cause I dont like the thought of eating somthin that was once alive and mooing.. squacking.. oinking.. bubbling (in the case of fish).. etc..

But the fruits and vegetables and grains and other plant life that you eat were also once alive.  Everything we eat was once alive.

Anyhow, it doesn't bother me a bit knowing the tasty piece of meat I have in front of me came from a once living cow.
:)

Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Ashyra Nightwing

..I don't like steak.. I'm not a vegi, I just don't eat much meat, or fish..

Ruatine

E. Coli can only live on the outside of a piece of meat, with the exception of ground beef since, obviously, it's been all ground together. If the outside of the meat is cooked, then you don't have to worry about E. coli, which is why it doesn't matter if you eat your steak rare. My dad is a food scientist for the Army, so I got to learn all this yummy stuff about food while growing up. To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't matter how much you cook your steak you could still get mad cow disease, but I'm not positively sure. I'd have to talk to my dad about it. He did tell me thought that the only way you could get mad cow disease is from eating parts of meat that had touched the spinal cord or brain.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

windhound

-.-
I was at (dragged to) a gathering and there was a pig, a full pig, on a large grill and some kids were amusing themselves by sampling the brain..  Teufel mentioning meat touching spinal cord made me think of that for some odd reason...

QuoteBut the fruits and vegetables and grains and other plant life that you eat were also once alive. Everything we eat was once alive.
=P  they werent alive in the sence that they feel pain when you bite into them..  and milk was never alive..  neither are unfertilized eggs..  there's nothin livin in my cheese.. though, yogurt is a nother matter..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Well technically the prions are all throughout the body.. but again, I'm not sure on this one. I'll defer to whatever your dad says, he is the food scientist after all. And as far as E. coli goes.. well better safe than sorry. *Has had food poisoning before, doesn't want to get it again*

Juby (Tercios)

So feeling defines life as far as worth is concerned? (not trying to be mean, just being a gadfly by asking questions) So if something does not have feeling free to kill?  This makes it look as though we judge all life in it's similarities to ourselves...
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Ruatine

Being a simple sort of person, I think edible plants and animals are there for humans to eat. Period. I don't think about my food any further than that. It's there. I like it. I eat it.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Checkerpaw

Quote from: windhoundthey werent alive in the sence that they feel pain when you bite into them..  

and milk was never alive..
Meat doesn't feel pain when you bite into it, either. I assume you're referring to when the animal is killed?

And milk . . well, milk comes from the inside of a cow.  Do you really want to be drinking something that comes from the inside of a cow?

;)
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

windhound

bleah..  I dont drink milk..  discusting stuff..  dont like the taste..  but cheese is good..

nah, I was reffering to when the animal is alive..  you can skin a carrot when it's 'alive' and it wouldnt know the difference, but if you skin a cow when it's alive it will certainly know the difference..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

milk.. I haven't drunk milk on its own for.. years, maybe.. I used to like the taste, but not anymore..