2 ideas

Started by alacazar, February 20, 2004, 08:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alacazar

I have 2 ideas to fix something that has realy annoyed me this round.    PLease give me you ideas on then   Or if you even agree.

The first is 1 or 2 people who will create an account for the sole purpose of deleting land.  I was watching an empire after he acumulate 70 thousand land a few weaks ago.  less than 2 hours later I found out he had been destroyed,   no not dstroyed,   only about 4 attacks on him, he deleted himself with 60 someodd thousand land on him.  Would some sort of cap like you cannot delete your nation within 24-72 hours of attacking someone

The other this that has annoyed me is I can count land in the hundreds of thousands of achers that have been deleted by several members.     most of the deletnig is about 2-4000 achers in order to improve leader ratios.   something that I dont dissaprove of.   What i find annoying is that some people will get 50-70 thousand land   then delete 40 to 50 thousand achers over half there total land acherage.  I have evn seen people with 76000, land and ten minutes later 6000 land.  What if there was a cap of say    10-15 to even 20% they could delete a day of there totaly net worth.   of corse this meand if you ahve 70,000 land you are going to get pegged because you can only delete 7000 achers

in sort my 2 ideas.     you cant delete your nation untill 24 hours after attacking someone.
Avoides pettyness from people who eather know they cant win or have one heck of a grudge against everyone in general

an land deletion limits of about 20% leaving land for everyone instead of having peole take 70,000 land and destroy it all    making for a very land poor game where the only way to win is leaders.

do to the more limited people in turbo I realy think they should al least be conciderd,  anyone else

alacazar

Veranor

Wasn't there a land-dumping cap put on turbo one round? Anyone remember how that went?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

windhound

nice ideas..
a simpler solution is to stop all land deletion in turbo..
the 'not deleting for 72 hours after an attack' is good for thoes who like to delete their accounts often..

I think that it was like only a certain % of all land in the game could be dumped per week or somthin..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

I don?t recall ever deleting land for a ratio, but have deleted land in some emperor slayings.  I think that there has to be the option to do so or some strats are almost unbeatable, but misuse is wrong.

How about: Changing ?drop unused land? to ?abandon unused land??  Then we can use one of 2 ways of getting the land back in the game.

1)   The land is divided evenly between all active players.  (land dropped / players = land each player gets)

2)   The land is given to a dummy horde ?free land? and that horde has no armies, but is just a storage house for land.  Anyone can attack it and reclaim the land.  this horde would have a low net worth, so the lower players would be the only ones that could attack without a penelty.  Thus bringing the land up from the bottom and helpping the hordes that need it most.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ashyra Nightwing

The storage house idea is good.. 'twould be verrry useful on Reg, with all the land shortages and such..

Gen. Volkov

Wolf bite comes up with the greatest ideas. If we applied this idea to turbo, I think it would fix the whole top down problem we have there, and really improve the land shortage problem. It would bring the game back to an bottom up configuration. Another idea would be to insert a few land farms every once in awhile. An account created with a buncha land and thats it. Just modify the accounts cade so it has 500 thousand land or something like that.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Yep nice idea wolf bite, *thinks of the almost exact same thing I have said on qmt*, I hate land dropping, in qmt they made it so that 1. land dropping takes turns(not sure if it does on rwl) 2. you can only demolish 200 acres per turn, 2. I don't like you should only be able to drop like 25 land per turn or something and you should be able to demo at the real rate. As for the killing your empire thing, can't you attack that empire for like 48 hours while its red? Well I know thats how it is on qmt and seeing there based on the same code..... Retto tried to get more land into the game with 10,000 before protection thing, I find that an amazing idea, but of course people could abuse it and get a great start without being attacked. Qmt has more land this set than usual not sure why, though more people= more land.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Well... Wolf Idea #2 is good, but Idea #1 is stupid. The reasoning behind not using Idea #1 is that is could mess up leader ratios, if even slightly.

But the lnad farm is a great idea. One question - How would you keep the NW low?
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Juby (Tercios)

well 100 000 undeveloped land would have a networth of 10 mil, thats pretty low.  but it would have to be made so that workers couldn't come so I spose they would have to give it 100% tax rate.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

wolf bite

The "free land" horde has no army, no food, and no money, nor does it ever take a turn.

(Land * 500)

So depending how much land has been abandoned, its net would be very low.

I think the lower warlords will be attacking it all the time so I dont think it would ver get as much as 100,000 land (net of 50 mil)  more likely it would jump up to 30,000 land (15 mil) when someone dumped land into it, then go fast down to 10,000 land (5 mil) when even rank 40 would lose armies attacking it.  So then the lowest of players would have a target that does not fight back.  If those low ranks can't hold the land, it will keep moving back up to the top.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juby (Tercios)

isn't developed land *500 and undeveloped land *100?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Juska

If your worried about messing up ratios then they would have to have an option that allowed you to not get the land.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19