Problems with this forum

Started by Menatus, February 19, 2004, 10:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

No one was listening to me. Either they were going off topic, and dragging me with it, or complaining about how I have no point and saying my opinions should be moved to the spa room, as they have no consequence to higher nobility such as yeself.

Holby

A load of rot mixed with exaggeration. That, or a poor joke.
Funny how no-one took any notice of you and there's three pages of posts here. Hmm.
If you wanted to make a difference, it wouldn't matter what people said. *Points at Burninate* And ya know what? I'm bloody proud of what we did.
Beatles and Vera STILL rock.
I will not deleted this

Menatus

What, exactly, did you do? I'm still not quite sure. Asked for the source, brought up some new topics. Personally, I think Burninata was more fun.

Anyway, I don't exactly get why you're continuously putting me down, but I'll stop trying. I went through the whole topic, and a lot of it was off-topic anyway. Not that talking about the books is off-topic, it's exactly what I wished there was more of...

Which is exactly why I started talking about them.

You probably didn't notice that more than a page of this is you and me talking, and Germania talking about how he can't read. Oh, how related it is.

Oh well, I don't care anymore. I just give up. The only online place that seems to stay the good ol' same with the same ol' good people is my Goatee Forums. Created for me exceedingly graciously by Beatles.

Where's Beatles when you need him?  ::cries::  

calria

Geez!

Holby, Tania, CHILL. I love you both and I've known you both for forever. So CHILL.
No reason to become edgey at eachother, and it doesn't improve situations any.
We do need to talk about the books more around here, though, definately. Maybe it would get some of the unenlightened kiddoes reading them too?

I'm reading the Long Patrol at the moment. How about everyone else?

Holby

That was at one time my faovurite book, Cal.

Tania:

What, exactly, did you do? I'm still not quite sure. Asked for the source, brought up some new topics. Personally, I think Burninata was more fun.
Burninate unfortunately didn't have a lot to do with fun. We were all annoyed with the place.
Burninate got things going in regards to trying to improve the forum, because we wanted it to improve. And got the code. And then got banned.

QuoteAnyway, I don't exactly get why you're continuously putting me down, but I'll stop trying. I went through the whole topic, and a lot of it was off-topic anyway. Not that talking about the books is off-topic, it's exactly what I wished there was more of...
If that was what you wished there was more of, then why didn't you make a topic about the books? Why didn't you make a topic that everyone can discuss and have opinions in, rather than nonsense-humour and "this forum sucks"? Because it doesn't help anybody.

QuoteYou probably didn't notice that more than a page of this is you and me talking, and Germania talking about how he can't read. Oh, how related it is.
I meant two different things in the post you are referring to. You wanted attention, and you got three pages of it, and you're still getting it. It wouldn't matter if it was related or not, because you're supposedly trying to make a point, and what people say don't really matter if you can get through.

Cal again: I'm sorry, but I feel I have to prove my point, I always have to have the last word. Really, I can argue or disagree with someone and still be friends- if they do something I believe is wrong. But some people take that the wrong way...
I will not deleted this

Abby The Rat

Let throw Holby out of his OWN WINDOW...

Now.. the second level window is the right one
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Menatus

I'm really not getting anything out of this. Personally, I think you just need to have the last post. Then post, again, I'll stop.

Cal, The Long Patrol was my least favorite book ^_^;; It took me like an entire month to read, while I read Lord Brocktree in a day. It just got boring and I couldn't read it fast.

Ruatine

Long Patrol was pretty good IMO. Of course, I like all Jacque's books with the exception of Taggerung. (I don't read to tear his writing apart like some among the ROC do. I read for fun or knowledge and can read almost anything and find it amusing/interesting.)

My fav. Redwall book is Lord Brocktree. It had a lot of humor, which I like. However, ATM, I'm reading Salamandastron, since I haven't read it in awhile.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Checkerpaw

Quote from: TeufelI don't read to tear his writing apart like some among the ROC do.
What makes you think that these people read just to tear his writing apart?

Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

The Lady Shael

I liked Marlfox, Mariel of Redwall, and Legend of Luke. Lord Brocktree just never appealed to me that much. Triss and Loamhedge hardly appealed to me at all, the redundancy of the series lost its charm on me.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

There sure are a lot of people who love to pick apart the characters and talk about which books were the worst and whatnot, aren't there? Rather annoying to me... I'd rather just read them and enjoy them.

Aqualis

The Long Patrol, Mariel of Redwall, and Redwall are my favorites.

I didn't particularly like Loamheadge but Bragoon and Saro were good characters. I found Horty and Bescarum(from Triss) insanely annoying.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

windhound

;)  the hares are designed to be annoying..  
I rather liked Taggerung really..  a deviation from the standard 'invasion of redwall' plot..  the Long Patrol was good..  yiss..  

has anyone noticed that the books concidered 'classics' are almost deadly dull?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ruatine

QuoteI don't read to tear his writing apart like some among the ROC do.

What makes you think that these people read just to tear his writing apart?

Mainly because people do. There are many discussions that I've read where people bash Jacque's writing ability. Then, these same people, when a new Redwall book comes out, buy and read it, only to bash his books once again (i.e. complain that they're boring, have a bad plot, not enough adventure, not enough "gray" characters).
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

IFman

I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.