Problems with this forum

Started by Menatus, February 19, 2004, 10:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

I want all ye of the old ages to remember how the boards were, and how they are. I thought today was gonna be really happy because I woke up to "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp, but this period sucks because I went to these boards.

What made them so different?

calria

changes in the general clientel.
There was a higher percentage of intellectuals here once upon a time.

Gen. Volkov

*Nods* And we had more fun back then. None of really knew what we were doing and there was no such thing as newbies and oldbies. Also... we could really have flame wars and stuff, the people used to be less detached. That and the game was just more fun, because anyone could succeed, we didn't have the highly skilled players back then. And the two top members of DE became Admins, so that made it even more level. Does anyone else remember when Boze announced that Stormy and Retto were gonna be Admins?

And of course you're right Cal. The original RWLers were more intellectual, because most of them like Redwall and read it alot, and usually it the more intellectual ones that read alot of books.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

calria

Aye. We're seeing a lot more players who come for the promisance rather than for the redwall. We usedter speak in bally harespeach a whole blinkin' lot more, eh wot?

Scarwake

Yeah, its all going away....

"Tis all such a pitiful thingy-ma-bob, wot wot"

Its all fading....*points at all the new peoples* READ THE BOOKS!!!!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Menatus

How many people who are here these days actually know what Redwall is? Most haven't even read even one of the books. This was the first promisance I played because I looked up Redwall.

The Weasel Liberation Mov

I've read a couple. I don't care for them much, though...
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Ruatine

Aye, I also found RWL because I looked up sites about Redwall. It was the first promisance game that I'd played. In fact, it was the first multi-player online game that I'd played. I had no idea what role-playing was. *feels very nostalgic*
I've read every Redwall book several times over. *sighs* I wish things could go back to the way they were when I first signed up. There was hardly ever an argument. People actually were nice in game.

"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Menatus

People were nice, aye. I miss the old days. Don't make me nostalgic! Now no one on here likes me XD

windhound

lol..  
it was because most of the people who played had never played any type of game like this before that it was more fun..  everyone was trying to figgure stuff out and develop strats..  I think Beatles was one of the first to try a full leader strat..  now in turbo everyone has leaders..

*nods*
I found RWL by doing a dogpile search for all things redwall..  I first found the 'offical' redwall website, wandered about it for a while, then went around some links and eventually came to RWL..  which I bookmarked and came back to about 2 weeks later and signed up..  hehe..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

*sigh* I know how you feel.. What happened to this place? Where has everyone gone? People should read the Redwall books, indeed.. now we have all these skilled players, and all this fighting and such.. the game isn't as fun anymore, because all these people take the top ranks instantly, and beat back any less experienced players if they come near..

calria

*nods* You can really tell the difference in people who've read them and those who haven't. I think that's the main difference between here and VI or Terrouge etc.
I've only had time to read four books, but I found this place after several months of Redwall RPing at TUI, so I was more into the mousey side of it than anything else.

Nohcnonk

I found Golden Leaf Inn andf Terrouge by searching for redwall sites, and those led to VI, and then I picked up RWL...

Aqualis

Part of the problem was also that people got alot more sensitive about everything.

This was the first multi-player online game I ever played. I found it in one of the topics at the Golden Leaf Inn then a couple of friends convinced me to play it.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

the forum had a bit of a reformation after the "oh my gosh thats a flame" wars started.  Whn everyone decided that when they read a message, they were going to look for flames and things they disagree with and can argue about, rather then looking at what they agree with or like. *nods*