Rats vs. Stoats

Started by Juska, February 13, 2004, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germania

Quote from: JuskaIf you actually read this topic, I gave in to WLM  on the matter than any troop is the best for some situations. I'm trying to prove that rats are the best troop overall in the average situation, weasels are actually pretty good troops and will beat rats and stoats in a standard attack, though they lose horrible to skiffs and other weasels. Germania I have no idea what your talking about so I'll consider our arguement over. Darth Sidious Come out from behind your Rome wanna be veil and tell us who you really are, you'll never achieve what Rome did and you have to be long-time forum members(at least some on you) I like the whole thing about the star wars and what your doing, but pm who you really are.
The height of era 1, too bad you missed out.

Darth Sidious

How off-topic can you get? You attempt to insult me and say I'm doing well in the same sentence. How odd, considering that it has nothing to do with wether or not Stoats or Rats are better...

I think perhaps the biggest issue is not the actual process of gaining land, but wether or not you can hold it. It is a well documented fact that, excluding messy stuff like race bonuses and GTs, you can easily be broken with someone possesing only a little more than 1/2 of your rats. So unless you have a very high number or most of your land in guards...

On the other hand, Stoats with GTs is probably the best strategy. Seeing as how they consume less food, you can afford to have less land in foragers to maintain a stable economy (talking about the traditional barracks-and-army setup). In the end, you can end up with a slightly more effective army consuming less. Seeing as rats have such trouble with guards (1 GT holds off 250 Rats, 10k GT holds off 2,500,000 Rats), they are not exactly the best attacking army when facing someone with heavy guards.

It all comes down to personal preference in the end. In the math, rats are better. In practice, I find Stoats more effective. I attribute that to the fact that more people use rats.

So, you are presented with a choice: better on paper, or better in practice. In the end, it comes down to the skill of the player and how he/she uses them.

And, as perhaps you can see by my choice of race, I am not a "bais marten stoat buyers" (whatever a bais is).

Anyway, Weasels pwn you all in the end. :ph34r: :lol:

user posted image

caedo caelestis

Quote from: Darth SidiousHow off-topic can you get? You attempt to insult me and say I'm doing well in the same sentence. How odd, considering that it has nothing to do with wether or not Stoats or Rats are better...

I think perhaps the biggest issue is not the actual process of gaining land, but wether or not you can hold it. It is a well documented fact that, excluding messy stuff like race bonuses and GTs, you can easily be broken with someone possesing only a little more than 1/2 of your rats. So unless you have a very high number or most of your land in guards...

On the other hand, Stoats with GTs is probably the best strategy. Seeing as how they consume less food, you can afford to have less land in foragers to maintain a stable economy (talking about the traditional barracks-and-army setup). In the end, you can end up with a slightly more effective army consuming less. Seeing as rats have such trouble with guards (1 GT holds off 250 Rats, 10k GT holds off 2,500,000 Rats), they are not exactly the best attacking army when facing someone with heavy guards.

It all comes down to personal preference in the end. In the math, rats are better. In practice, I find Stoats more effective. I attribute that to the fact that more people use rats.

So, you are presented with a choice: better on paper, or better in practice. In the end, it comes down to the skill of the player and how he/she uses them.

And, as perhaps you can see by my choice of race, I am not a "bais marten stoat buyers" (whatever a bais is).

Anyway, Weasels pwn you all in the end. :ph34r: :lol:
Well said.

Juska

10k gts hold off 1,000,000 stoats, when you could train 3,000,000 rats so rats are better. Yes, you have to have lots of gaurds, 75% gaurds on your landfat self to hold off enemy troop attackers.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Oh jese.. you people are STILL arguing about this? Just give it up. I've figured out that no one troop is better than the other. They can't be, otherwise the game is not a fair and equal one. Neither is better than the other, both have strong and weak points. So just stop already. We are never gonna convince each other that one or the other person is right anyone, barring Retto or Boze coming here and saying that one troop type is better than another troop type. Just choose your favorite and go with it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wildwood

QuoteOh jese.. you people are STILL arguing about this? Just give it up. I've figured out that no one troop is better than the other. They can't be, otherwise the game is not a fair and equal one. Neither is better than the other, both have strong and weak points. So just stop already. We are never gonna convince each other that one or the other person is right anyone, barring Retto or Boze coming here and saying that one troop type is better than another troop type. Just choose your favorite and go with it.

Well said, I agree totally.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Juska

Quit raining on my parade, rats are best, j/k if you just admit rats are best I'd shut up, least strategy is getting used,
Current Empires:

IFman

everyone just stop arguing and mass weasels
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

Gen. Volkov

*Rolls eyes* Juska you is crazy. And IFman.. well you are just strange.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

IFman

I wander down a path,
And never will.
So I lay down forever,

Juska

Your right I is rat crazy!!!!!!
Current Empires:

IFman

rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats weasals
stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats skiffs
skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs weasals
whatever way you look at it, it ends up as weasals
I wander down a path,
And never will.
So I lay down forever,

Orcrist

rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs stoats

Strange, for me, whatever way you look at it, it ends up as stoats.  :lol:  
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

IFman

you misspeled weasels, you spelled it s-t-o-a-t instead of w-e-a-s-e-l

rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats rats weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels weasels skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs skiffs stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats stoats weasels  :wacko:  
I wander down a path,
And never will.
So I lay down forever,

Juska

Rats. There now it's done.
Current Empires: