Martens Rule

Started by wolf bite, February 11, 2004, 06:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Ditto, but for troop playing, they are the best. Look at ALL the bonuses.
I will not deleted this

Menatus

Ever played as a Wildcat? Look at their leader options.

Peace Alliance

QuoteThe Marten could easily be countered by anyone who masses Leaders (or more than the Marten user). Right now, I'm a Wildcat and I can take almost anyone's money (that's around me) and they're all Martens...
Um, no you can't. With a 400 per acre leader ratio, i still failed against most of the major money massers (martens). Stealing is HARD to do, especially with the guys who are doing well because they're smart enough to keep a 175 leader ratio.
QuoteSo you guys want a whole new just so it counters marten? I mean come on, nerf marten don't make a whole new race because you want to counter it. Get rid of the marten +20% training bonus, but don't get rid of any bad things, at least.
Jusk, its not hard to make another race, and i think it would be really cool to have a market boosting race.

Immortal

Everything has weaknesses. I've never used marten. I've only used Fox, Painted One, and Stoat and look where it got me in RWL (Read the siggy i made in 5 seconds)

Even though the only way to steal if they have nearly as much land as you and a 175 ratio, all you have to do is get a friend with little hawks and tell him to hawk attack a few times. Then you murder a bit. Then steal. (Make sure it's worth it. They better have a lot of money or it's a waste of turns. Posioning or murdering would be better if they don't have money.) Only costs like 50 or so turns for the each of you.

Hehe, you're right though, martens are good. Just that it's fun(ner) if you give yourself a challenge and be speffil and use a different race.
Purity of mind
~Benkei
Currently relearning the ropes of RWL but I seem to be doing ok.

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Wolf is cool. I think I'll play that next round.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Peace Alliance

The "wearing down the leaders" stratagy works if they're in a clan, which most of the major money massers aren't. so that hardly ever works. plus its not as sinple as you made it sound, takes a lot of wearing down if they know what they're doing.

Holby

Quote from: MenatusEver played as a Wildcat? Look at their leader options.
I said they were the best for TROOP playing. Troops and leaders are different, you know.
I was referring to the comment someone made saying that the only thing good about Wildcat was its high o and d. I realise it has negatives for leaders, but that is because it's a troop race.
I will not deleted this