Let's kill Holby today kids!

Started by Holby, February 11, 2004, 12:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

I'm not going to take this "gracefully" or "well", or at the least, politely, as I have tried to do in the past.
Because I'm bloody well annoyed. EVERY time I dominate, people go out and kill me.
I play the game, I succeed, you don't like it, so you go and kill me.
What, am I too good for you all you won't even let me play? Bah.
And you know what? I've had people helping me out, supporting me, and whatnot to make me Emperor on Turbo. And in killing me, I let those people down.
Everyone likes an Emperor, it's a common goal to take him/her down. Fine, nothing against that. But when you won't let him play, that is so blinking unfair.
"You're The Top" turned out to be a true statment after all.

At words poetic, I'm so pathetic
That I always have found it best,
Instead of getting 'em off my chest,
To let 'em rest unexpressed.
I hate parading my serenading
As I'll probably miss a bar,
But if this ditty is not so pretty,
At least it'll tell you how great you are.

You're the top! You're the Colosseum,
You're the top! You're the Louvre Museum,
You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss,
You're a Bendel bonnet, a Shakespeart sonnet,
You're Mickey Mouse.
You're the Nile, You're the Tower of Pisa,
You're the smile on the Mona Lisa.
I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop,
But if, Baby, I'm the bottom,
You're the top!

You're the top! You're Mahatma Gandi.
You're the top! You're Napolean brandy.
You're the purple light of a summer night in Spain,
You're the National Gall'ry, You're Garbo's sal'ry,
You're cellophane!
You're sublime, You're a turkey dinner.
You're the time of the Derby winner.
I'm a toy balloon that is fated soon to pop.
But if, Baby, I'm the bottom,

You're the top!

I will not deleted this

wolf bite

Grrrrrrr,

signs up for turbo to hunt down those that killed Holby.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

interesting... quite interesting.

Lereac

Uh... is it just me, or isn't that what the game's about?  Killing the Emporer.  It doesn't matter if it's you, or Wolf Bite, or Guardians of the Blade, or Peace Alliance, or Retto, or whom whatsoever, somebody ALWAYS wants to bring the Emporer down.

Also, have you ever heard of these little things, annoying little things, called 'grudges'?

OK, sorry, that was a bit bitter.

windhound

:blink:  
it's just you (and Peace  <_< ) who kills the emporer..  and thoes deranged people in shakespere's (sp) plays..  they are forever poisening and such..  rather mean..  hehe..

nah, the goal is to take down the emp, maybe poisen, maybe murder to get the job done, but once the emp. is no longer emp., then no squishy..  I mean, that's like kicking a dog while it's down, poor thing, it may beable to bite your ankles, but it sure cant get to your head...

meh..

QuoteAlso, have you ever heard of these little things, annoying little things, called 'grudges'?
rofl..  I still hold a small grudge against Peace for killing off 10 bil food a few turbos back, that and he did somthin to Blue Tang, cant remember what, I know it hurt rather badly though..  
still, I wouldnt kill Peace even if he was playin, infact, I may aviod attacking him period to aviod getting poisened again  :P

*shrugs*
I've said it once, I'll say it again..
To Each His/Her Own

yep..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

I really don't want people to yell at me... but how can you have a grudge for this long over something so trivial? After all, it is only a game.. but still killing someone is mean spriited, if you hurt someone and remove them as emperor, do as windy says, leave em alone. Especially if they are Holby... he doesn't mind if you take alot of land, he'll just take it back.. maybe all you took, maybe not, but killing him really pisses him off.. *Has found that out the hard way* A few turbos ago my clan had seriously hurt Holbs.. and since they (and I) were scared of what he would do when he got on again, we killed him... which turned out to be the biggest mistake we could have made... though in fact I didn't want to kill him at the end.. but another member went ahead and did, and when Holby did get on, he saw that he was dead and promised revenge on me. Which he later exacted by killing me, even though I wasn't the killer, he said I am responsible for my clan, which I know, even though I tried to get out of it. HE had a pretty easy time of it, because I wasn't on for four days... and wasn't around to defend myself, but he probably would have succeeded anyway. The moral? DON'T KILL HOLBY! He doesn't like it very much... (understatement of the year)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Lereac

I'm not saying I hold a grudge, nor that killing him was the right thing to do.  However, sometimes people do hold grudges for trivial stuff.

Ereptor

Holby:  I told you so.  ( Being an emperor is never; fair or easy )

Wolf:  Are you and admin or a player?   ( Just wondering if you are biased )  

Peace:  This is actually getting annoying.  Didn't you publicly quit allready?

Sheba, Jdogg and BILLY:  Good job, well done.  Holby is a good player.  You managed to take him out.  Welcome to the club.  What only matters to me is why.  I can live with; It is part of your strat, it is revenge, glory, taking out the Emp, etc.  But if it is not about the game ( personal ) or if you brought it from the regular server.  Then i think that is most un honorable.

The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

wolf bite

Quote from: Ereptor
But if it is not about the game ( personal ) or if you brought it from the regular server.  Then i think that is most un honorable.
Yes, it was a ?bad show.?

Few people take things personal from one game to the next.  Or even one horde to the next.  I can see being after someone that you know will give you trouble because they are unreasonably aggressive, and in that case, make a preemptive strike. But to pick out one player and always go for their kill no matter how many times the game resets, is just wrong.

Lets take me for example. They did a kill on me from people that I had never even attacked in the game.  That was wrong and personal. I came back and aided in bringing each one to their death.  That was fair payback to the hordes that wronged me.  Now they have started new hordes and I am not targeting them because the hordes that attacked me are no more.

Or we can use Ereptor as a good example.  On these forums we have had fights and some grand in-game fights.  But on Aim we chat.  We have chatted as we were attacking each other.  Only his horde is ?usually? my enemy, not the person.

When people take a basketball game and turn it into a knife fight after the game it changes it from being a game.

PS. Oh, I am only a forum Admin; on the games I am a player.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Nohcnonk

Fun For None

Gen. Volkov

Wowsa... I just got Wolf's earlier post... he's joining turbo to hunt down the ones who killed Holbs.. *Is an idiot at times* Anyways... hope you guys enjoy it while you can... cause your aren't gonna live long.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Blankshots

Well I have to say, congrats holby, for making emporer in such a short time, apoligies for killing you, I did make the final kill but I did not smack you to death, I took the account and put it out of it's misery, you had thirty nine acres left, I've never made a kill, and so I did, but I have to say props to sheba dre and jdogg, they took you down with such a high networth, now the killing is not justified, but holding a grudge and letting wolf do the dirty work, that is low, I am prepared to die for my actions if need be, but I hold grudges, and if peaps, and G33X die for the killing, I will be choked, and might even let this come over to the next reset, I have read gld old wolfbites strat guide, like he said people tend to stick to a certain strat, so it should not be hard to find you, and make sure the favor is repaid,

Thanks for you time people and have a Great day

Blankshots :D  
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.

wolf bite

The Pricratus (#53), Brave words from someone that just dorpped his clan after falling 15 ranks.  

But alow me to corect a few things.  First, I am not after your kill, just making sure you don't win.  Second, it did involve me when you killed Holby because I bought 31 bill in armies and sent them to him along with the funds to get back on his feet, thus stopping those that thought they could kill him.  But when you killed him, he could not send me my stuff back.  Third, it was 33 land he had left when I stopped the kill.  Fourth, if you read my journal then you know that I keep switching strats.  The real art is to know what strat moves the best to the next one.

Oh, and don't get all grudgeful, this is merly a game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Blankshots

I did not give up my account but merely took a break, I am deeply sorry you lost all the troops, I made the kill, what was I supposed to do?? leave it? stop me from winning, I could care less, it's a game like you said. :P  
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.