Loren

Started by Scwummin, February 04, 2004, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scwummin

I've a been thinking. Should we band together and ask Loren to disband? My reasons:

1. Loren rules almost every single Promisance game I know of. WWII Rerisen, Hack Infiltration, RWL, WBII, etcetera.

2. It rules the roost. No-one can beat them. They're just sitting at the top, getting fat and happy, while the lower rankers get bored out of their skulls scouting and fighting and then getting farmed.

3. It's ebil. Angrod and his buddies in the beginning were fun, but now it's like an empire. It's resorted to spying out clan forums before/during a war, cutting off communications before the guidelines were set, and other measures. (Blades and Loren wanted a set-up war to shake the top up. Loren cut off communications with me before we set the guidelines, and Loren sent out several spies into our forum to see what we were talking about. Eventually we stopped the war preparations altogether, because many didn't help out Blades.)

4. I really want to see some fun up at the top. Let Loren rule the other promisance games, but I want my old RWL back.
Loyal Rebel

~~~

Son of  Scurmy, Son of Halofas, Son of Duke Aubres.

Play my game if you want! (Soon to be updated as the commanders edition)  Warlords

Juska

Loren as a whole is a fine idea and LAppren is a great idea, though for LAppren people shouldn't stay there forever they should get trained and leave. The main problem is that no one wants to try to stop Loren, ereptor tried he failed and me with him, peace tried and i tired backstabbing peace so loren could live, but no one besides a few choose to do anything in those uprisings!!!! How many were in AoM? 10 maybe I don't remmember, out of how many that could have 50, 60 ,70? In peaces strikes he told me he had lots of ppl wanting to get in, but when i particpated in the blown kill run there was maybe 5 and 2 of then weren' over 10mil net. There are strong empires in the top 25 that are unallied that need to focus on Loren. It don't beleive Loren is wrong or that it should disband I beleive we as people of RWL need to fight the spawn that is loren.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Scwummin

I think it should be disbanded. Loren WAS a great idea. Now, Loren has become something it should not have been. You can't take all of the "spawn" out. It comprises a large part of the clan, and they won't leave without a fight. Fighting means fighting the upper members. That means immediate death. It's ludicrous to think that we can defeat them now, what with all the warlords who don't care in the top 20.
Loyal Rebel

~~~

Son of  Scurmy, Son of Halofas, Son of Duke Aubres.

Play my game if you want! (Soon to be updated as the commanders edition)  Warlords

Gen. Volkov

Um you are wrong on one of those games... Hack is most definitely not ruled by Loren... I am the leader of Woof, and it is the ruling clan... if you check now you won't see that because it has been downsized due to a Hacker in the game and the fact that 3 members (me with them, but I am still the de facto leader) left and formed a clan of the emperors after the set ended.. anyways... I agree that Loren needs to be taken down, one way or another.. personally I may consider taking Woof to war against them... I'm not sure yet.. but I could use some good memebrs to help no matter what...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

I did my part I took 27k land total from various Loren and LAppren members, which is what I will be doing(farming them) untill war is declared.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

*Claps* Good job Juska... unfortunately, it will probably be taken right back.. and then some...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Juska

Like I care, the top members will easily take it if not the lower ones too, I've been farming them and they've been farming me since ereptor's time, I haven't had high net since I stopped my breif stay at NIF.
Current Empires:

wolf bite

What?!  There is going to be a war!  Can I join?  Can I?  Please?

I am not overly sure it is wise to make are agianst the Clan that holds 20% of the members of the game and most of the top spots.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Fun For None

I've got no problem doing that.  More land for me.

Gen. Volkov

Wise? If I were to go with what was wise, Woof would never had become top clan in Hack.. and anyway.. who says I make war on both clans? Why not just Loren.. I think LAppren would probably stay out of it if Woof was powerful enough to take on just Loren....

Oh and you are welcome to join wolf... *Grins*

Fun for None> You are welcome to join also.. message Hound of Ulster in game for the password.

Orcrist

Heheh- this is hilarious to me. Loren is probably trying to live up to ROME- you know, all 11 members in top 11 spots. and holding all top 5 spots til Holby turned on us :(. What a joke. They're a good clan, but honestly, they can be overthrown. Now the only hard part is actually doing it.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Deathclaw

Though not only Loren would have to be overthrown, but its allies: LAprenn and NIF.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Holby

Quote from: OrcristHeheh- this is hilarious to me. Loren is probably trying to live up to ROME- you know, all 11 members in top 11 spots. and holding all top 5 spots til Holby turned on us :(. What a joke. They're a good clan, but honestly, they can be overthrown. Now the only hard part is actually doing it.
Loren trying to live up to ROME? Loren was in existence for months before ROME was created. What do they have to live up to, they've been the most powerful clan for a long time. Even when their time was supposedly over at the creation of BAXX, they bounced back up.
But the underlying theme here is that you're still bitter about ROME, and me betraying you. I have no problem with that, but rambling on about it in ALL of your posts is tiresome.
Just like the "What a joke" part, you're poking fun at us for an assumption you made. Who's the joke?
We /are/ a good clan, and a nice compliment coming from you.
But if we can be overthrown, why hasn't it been done already? Why are we still here? You try to overthrow Loren, and you're playing with fire.
I will not deleted this

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Ehhh.... So many points to answer.

This is gonna take a long time...

Here goes...

What Aus has said:

Quote1. Loren rules almost every single Promisance game I know of. WWII Rerisen, Hack Infiltration, RWL, WBII, etcetera.

Sorry to say, but I find this humorous.

For one, we DO NOT rule Hack. Woof rules there. Members of Loren and/or AA take up only 2/10 of the top spots. I personally on that game have rank 6 or something with 1,800 land or so. If I wanted to, my ratio is so insane I could take land from anyone. But I don't because I'm just leaving that game alone.

For two, we DO NOT rule WWII. If you hadn't check there recently, Immortal and I rose up against the clan containing mostly AA members and crushed them. Right now, the rankings go Brock, Rebel, Rebel, Brock, and then Rebel or Brock. I did what I wanted to do on that game, which was take down the ruling clan and give Brock a fair shot.

For three, we have to make a distinction between AA and Loren. In the Loren clan alone, there are only 4 members of AA, the ruling clan of Warbands 2. In LAppren there is only one person from AA. Most of the people are not AA members, needless to say.

Just a bit about me - I started the remade Loren (which is mostly not of original Loren members anyway) back at the end of October. At that time, I only vaguely knew that WB2 existed. (In fact, I didn't :huh: ) When AA (which I got in to by complete chance - I had pretty much left my WB account for the dead) finally took down the ruler and established itself, I sort of abandoned my account there to come back and administer Loren. When I heard that AA wanted to come and take over RWL, I told them that they should forget it and just join Loren. That's how I got them in my clan.

Then they decided to go around saying that Loren is AA. How wrong.  :rolleyes:

Quote2. It rules the roost. No-one can beat them. They're just sitting at the top, getting fat and happy, while the lower rankers get bored out of their skulls scouting and fighting and then getting farmed.

Wrong. We CAN be beaten. Even ROME would have been defeated eventually. No clan can stand up against the whole game (organized), not even if it has the best players. Anyone can be beaten, but it is VERY hard.

And... er... You know, we aren't a closed clan. We do accept low members.

And you know the best thing about getting "fat and happy"? I don't attack anyone. I've kept to myself for 5 days, except for some espys. I don't need more than my 23k land, so I don't take any. I only plan to attack in retaliation or if someone has been really hitting my low members. I might do some espys, but only for my other members. In fact, I'm considering offering aid to low people. I don't have much money, but as long as I'm left alone I don't need it.

3. It's ebil. Angrod and his buddies in the beginning were fun, but now it's like an empire. It's resorted to spying out clan forums before/during a war, cutting off communications before the guidelines were set, and other measures. (Blades and Loren wanted a set-up war to shake the top up. Loren cut off communications with me before we set the guidelines, and Loren sent out several spies into our forum to see what we were talking about. Eventually we stopped the war preparations altogether, because many didn't help out Blades.)

I'm assuming you mean evil. Don't know what ebil is. ;)

Adressing your points:

Loren this era has not many members from the original. It basically is a different clan.

The spying bit.... Ok, here is ze explanation:

I was given the Blades forum pass by a friend who had joined with Blades. I DID NOT tell him to join Blades, and I did not ask him for the forum pass. All I asked for was simply a bit of news. This was all before the war talk began.

Sooo... Naturally, I checked the forums and then left them alone. I think anyone would have checked it if given the password. I was actually rather pleased to see a former enemy acting so nicely towards us.

Then all the war talk began. I had been consulted prior to the whole Slayer thing, but only by Holby. And that was a different set of clans. So I don't see where this consultation of yours is coming from. The spying was a pure accident, come across when I clicked "View New Posts".

Quote4. I really want to see some fun up at the top. Let Loren rule the other promisance games, but I want my old RWL back.

And what is "your old RWL"? Where oldbies dominated instead of newbies? A good amount of my good clan members are new to this game. (I started in late October myself.)

But please, do define your "old" RWL? Do you not want new players winning, or just the same old?

As I stated before, Loren doesn't rule those other games.

I'd post more, but I should go to bed soon...

G'Night.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Holby

Hehe, very nice Devari.
But may I make one correction? Loren is Loren, it is the same clan from last era. Sure, mainly different people, but what Loren is and it's about remain the same.
Go and watch the end of Fort Apache everyone, you'll understand.
I will not deleted this