Clan Bank

Started by Ereptor, January 21, 2004, 10:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Basically a clan bank would allow people in the clan to store armies, food and money.  

A diplomat would be specified to be in charge of it by having certain powers.  

News would be given to his warlord of who donated and took stuff from the bank.  This way he would know if someone was taking advantage of the bank.  There  would also be a lock when he could lock the bank from anyone except the leaders of the clan.  I am sure there are other ideas this could bring up.  Maybe some sort of castle or city that a clan could share if they raised enough money, ect.

The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Juby (Tercios)

so it'd be more like a big vault then a bank like cluny's hut?
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Ereptor

This would most likely open the top ten up.  And encourage more clans.  In fact i don't see many people that would not be in a clan if something like this was implimented.  Exciting no?
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

wolf bite

Great idea, one problem, embezzlement.

Your diplomat can steal all the funds, lock some people out, or if one of your members were greedy, he could join the clan, wipe out the bank, then leave before the diplomat knew.

Can we try working on this a bit more?  What about some limitations such as 2% of all a clan person?s money goes into the bank, if they click share funds, then once every 3 days they can withdrawal up to 2 times what they put in?  The interst should be much higher then clancy's. That still is not quite right.  Ideas?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

I think it's a very good idea, and a very good way to distribute aid between your clan.  It would really help when no allies are online ^_^

Edit: About Wolf's post... something should be done...

Ashyra Nightwing

yisss.. *nods* Very spiffy idea, that is..

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Good idea. Not new, though. QMT Epicurus has it.

This might encourage closed clans. A clan would all have to trust eachother, so they couldn't let any old bloke stroll in. They would all have to build up a trusting relationship.

That's why it would work for a clan like the AA in Warbands. Everyone there trusts each other.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Ereptor

Quote from: wolf biteGreat idea, one problem, embezzlement.

Your diplomat can steal all the funds, lock some people out, or if one of your members were greedy, he could join the clan, wipe out the bank, then leave before the diplomat knew.

Ebezzlement is part of war.  The way i figure if anyone pulled that off they would not be heading high up for very long.  Everyone would know.  Besides in the old days betrayers and those who attacked to much did not last very long.  

The trust part of clans is right on.  I think clans now don't have very good relationships with one another( if they do they are few and numbered).   This gives more power to a clan.  This gives immediate aid to those who need it.  

When i set up rome i wanted certain people to have certain jobs.  I had a job for someone to aid others.  I had a job for another to collect info on others.  I had a job for others to make military and distribute.   This bank would mean that clans could act more like one unified army, country, ect.  If eveyone has a part.  This would bring clan wars to a new level.  Sending aid within a clan wouldn't cost anything.  

See as of now most clans don't have many rules that set people in and out.
except for attacking.  This brings out things like donating and keeping a regular action in the clan.  This would give clans more depth.  I mean you don't just join a clan and become their best and most trusted buddy over night.  The turnover for most clans it out ragious!  This would in my opinion give a little more honor, hope, service, towards your clan and others.

For instance the clan MU. ( Made Up )

To be a part of MU you must donate a according to your networth a certain amount of money or food.   Higher ranked players would donate food, money and military.  Mostly because storing military would save them from losing so much money.  To stay in MU you must stay active weekly by donating other wise it is unfair for the rest of the clan that donates.  Any taking about of resources that you cannot support will resort in a warning.  

Those who used the bank to their advantage could grow very strong.  As you could see.  
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Ashyra Nightwing

Maybe.. the clan leader could control who could take out money, and how much could be taken out..

Juska

Would be cool, i voted yes.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Ereptor

i wish this idea would take off.  yea for my idea.  :)
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Holby

YES! This would be really, really good. Whole new game just joining a clan. Clan bonding to the limit, too. And trust would play a big part of the game.
Taking it just on the surface, is the extra clan sharing of resources and troops. But you can build on this, to make clans closer than ever. Maybe with all this stored up, a clan could purchase somehting to strengthen the clan- say an extra percentage of defense, or whatever.
So many possibilities to make the clan aspect of RWL so much more REAL, more fun.
I will not deleted this

windhound

*nods*  clan banks look rather spiffy..  

and about embezzlement from the clan bank, it would really depend on the sort of clan, if most of it's members were high or low, for example, if the highest member of a clan decided that they wanted to leave the clan, they could take all they could out of the bank, leave, and possibly use that boost from the bank to hurt their former clan members, and if that paricular clan didnt have many allies to help them that clan could come out worse off..  
that all goes with trust thing, yet, even the more trustworthy peoples can surprise you somtimes..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

RazorClaw

It's a great idea, but it would also promote more clans like Slayer. The people don't even have to send aid to their leader, they can just dump their troops in the bank, the leader quickly uses them to cream someone, then the leader puts the troops back in the bank, for the other clan members to take back.

Holby

Again, if thought through properly, bad stuffs can be ironed out.  
I will not deleted this