HUGE PROBLEM

Started by Peace Alliance, January 18, 2004, 02:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Ok i don't use clans that much just to slay people (:-)), but anyways i know you all like being in clans and stuff. And the main reason is the clan shared forces. Well i just found out from beatles that clan shared foces don't work!! They take off 10% of your defense, but don't give you any advantage because of a screwed up formula in the game or something. He talked to retto a bit this morning, but retto didn;t want to fix it. So all you people in clans - your losing on the deal. MUAHAHAHA!

anyways, i'm not going to be playing for a while or so, so it doesn't bother me, but when i come back i'm HOPING it'll be fixed

Retto

Huge problem? Well.

Beatles, however much of a proponent of "open source" code to help other developers, has no will to help in telling me the exact way to fix it. As I'm currently in the process of mangling the code I have on my computer (so many search-replaces), I've got to work from the servers.

When we went through to revamp the attacking system, I modified this a bit, but then we decided eventually to leave it as it has always been, like with the War Tax. In any case, this could mess up a lot in terms of defense...but it /should/ be working on Turbo. And if someone can confirm that (my horde is dead...Thanks Venom :) ), it'd help out. Otherwise, I'll find out if it really works by the end of today, when I get  over 200 turns on my new account.

I don't know about others, but generally I join clans for: Aid from other members, a set of warlords to attack, a set of warlords who will help retal if I get hit too hard, and (in Turbo) unlimited attacks.  
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Veranor

1. The open source arguement is entirely pointless because you're not releasing source. You don't see all the Linux programmers helping Microsoft.

2. Beatles tried to bargain with you Retto, but you refused and merely tricked him.

3. Stop being a hypocrite.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Retto

I tricked him? How so, Veranor? Beatles wanted me to break the rules for him, and I told him that RWL admins aren't bribed.

Microsoft and Linux aren't built on the same code. You do see different Linux developers collaborate.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Peace Alliance

QuoteYou do see different Linux developers collaborate.

I don't... but i'm not watching.

Veranor

Quote from: RettoI tricked him? How so, Veranor? Beatles wanted me to break the rules for him, and I told him that RWL admins aren't bribed.

Microsoft and Linux aren't built on the same code. You do see different Linux developers collaborate.
Yes but you're closed source, Linux is open. That was the point of the analogy.

I'm merely stating a point Beatles wished to be said. I didn't ask him how because he did not have the chat saved.

EDIT:

Beatles says that he asked if I could advertise something in my sig, to which you said it's against the rules to put it in my sig.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Pluto

Fix it. The redneck way as I do. You people are so strange! Fix the thing. don't go jumpin down peoples throats. My word I thought my parents argued a lot,you people are fiesty!

Ereptor

I mentioned to retto that maybe there could be a clan bank.  A place to store stuff that every member of the clan could donate to or use.  And a diplomat would be in charge of it buy seeing who donated and who took away from the bank.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Retto

Ouu? Ahh. The problem with the allied forces is that it was looking to see if your enemy had it set at 1. If you share forces, it's set at 11. Soo...that's fixed.

The problem with wartax was that it was looking for the variable $networth (in the takeTurns function) which was never set - it's $users[networth] to get your own networth. Soo...that's fixed. Wartax = your networth / 1000

But, only on turbo. I don't know how those will effect the game...[Ourk. Nohc says, "Put them in Reg!" So I have.]
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Holby

*Hums* Coolness.

1 hours ago Your forces came to the aid of Death Squad (#451) in defense from Cindarin (#329)!
1 hours ago Your forces came to the aid of Death Squad (#451) in defense from Cindarin (#329)!
0.6 hours ago Your forces came to the aid of Urran Voh II (#445) in defense from Lord Nightstripe (#385)!
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

If your forces are helping your allies in battle, will your horde not suffer casualtys?

alacazar

realisticly yes,    but with the ammount of troops most have set to aid,   you would be looksing 100 rats or something a round.          so im wondering if that would be more trouble to code in that its worth  

Gen. Volkov

Sorry... just a question here.. but what is wartax? *Confused* Oh and that whole clan shared forces thing? Big pain in the neck.. I don't think most clans even share anyways..
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES