So, about the Mod/Admin thing...

Started by Menatus, December 23, 2003, 01:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

Okay, there was like a ten page topic about wanting new mods or admins, but nothing came of it. I think it's time to get serious about actually making someone a mod or admin, and not just nominating or complaining over, and over, and over, and over (etc) that we need one.

Now, we know the great thinkers in Burninate want to be either mod or admin, and while I think say Beatles would make a good admin, he's definately opinionated, and it just wouldn't work for an admin. An admin has to be impartial, as much as possible, and Beatles would never stand for that. Members would never be agreeing with his actions, and vice versa. He's probably going to get mad at me just for saying this. It doesn't matter, because Retto's around and he said no.

Therefore, I nominate windhound! I know of no forum member more honorable. He's obviously impartial, as he gives aid to whoever needs it an asks, whether he's at war with them or not. If he's ever had a fight on these forums, I don't know about it, so it would obviously be nothing major. But he's around, so it's not like he won't be doing anything. Does anyone agree with me?

If you do or don't, post here. This is about wINDHOUND, not making Burninate an admin or mod. Post about that elsewhere.

.......^_^!

calria

I second this nomination!
*hands out little windhound-for-president banners*

Juska

windhound would be a good admin or mod. I don't really know him, I don't see why no one ever made wolf bite a mod.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Nononononono!

windhound-for-Prime-Minister!

*waves Canadian flag along with the banner*
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Scarwake

If my memory serves me right some of the admins had already promised moderation positions for some members already, I think that those who had been promised should become mods before anymore are appointed...

~Scarwake
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Ashyra Nightwing

*gives everyone a windy sticker*

yes.. I think windy would make a wonderful mod.

Riverpaw

Windy... Hm... I dunno. I'm too new to really know him.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Deathclaw

windhound would be a great mod. He's very impartial, a good example of that is the regular server.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Mark

I'm in agreement with everyone else, but wouldn't it help if he was around a bit more?
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

windhound

Quotebut wouldn't it help if he was around a bit more
lol..  windy lurks here more than you might think, its just that its the winter holidays and there is much more stuff that windy would rather do..  and I only post where I have somthin to add, usually anyways, I try not to spam randomly..  

*shrugs*
windy thinks he would make a decent mod, and I'm glad that there seems to be some support behind me, for that I thank ye..  
though, as said, this is only if the current Admins and such believe there is a need for another..  an if others have already been offered such positions then they should fill them first..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Burninate

Quote from: ScarwakeIf my memory serves me right some of the admins had already promised moderation positions for some members already, I think that those who had been promised should become mods before anymore are appointed...

~Scarwake
I think if those people aren't right for the job, then they have no reason to be appointed.
The fact you only said this because you were told you'd be a mod months ago I find annoying. But maybe everyone else thinks otherwise. :rolleyes:  
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Sonoras

Yay for Windy!
Merry Christmas!

*Wishes I was an admin*

Menatus

<_< Except no admins seem to care to look here.  

Retto

Or maybe Admins like to talk things over first, and are going on holiday vacations, which delay things.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Professional_Admin_Suck-U

Yeah! The admins are perfect, but they're people too! They all have important lives and you're overly hassling them!!1 Try to be a little more understanding!