If you could change/add any feature in/into BAX

Started by Burninate, December 22, 2003, 09:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burninate

So, if you could add any feature or make any change to BAX, what would it be?  
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Juska

I'd add a map feature with elevation and stuff where the higher you are the better your def. bonus is, but your food bonus drops stuff like that.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Retto

Awrf. Can someone ask a question which you don't answer, at least subconciously. This was not a good topic to read before I went to bed.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

mice of might

Sure it is, its always good to hear how you can improve, isn't it?

I don't know how you could improve it, except maybe by making the races do more, maybe make it so if one type attacks a specific other type that he has a better or worse chance.
user posted image
Love the (forum) skin your in!

Burninate

I would add to the fancy attack system a fancy system to manage your defencive forces. You would have a page that would allow you to set a finite number of troops of any type to defend agnist troops of any other types. This would allow you to set weasels to defend aginst stoats for example.  
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

mice of might

Crimany, setting weasels against stoats would mean nobody would ever be able to attack with stoats anymore. You could easily buy 10 million weasels and that would stop a LOT of stoats!
user posted image
Love the (forum) skin your in!

Checkerpaw

Quote from: mice of mightCrimany, setting weasels against stoats would mean nobody would ever be able to attack with stoats anymore. You could easily buy 10 million weasels and that would stop a LOT of stoats!
You're acting like this is a bad thing!

B)  
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Juska

If you did that weasels would rule everyone, only super rats massers could break through, and leaders.

With the map thing there would be 7 types of elevation

-3,000ft. +20% def. +15% atk. -15% food production -15% income
-2,000ft. +15% "      +10%  "     -10%    "       "            -10% "
-1,000 ft  +10%  "      +5%  "        -5%   "        "             -5% "
-0ft           +0% in all categories
-1,000ft(bs)    -5% def.    -5%  atl.    +10% food production +5% income
-2,000ft(bs)      -10% "      -10% "       +15%  "          "           +10%  "
-3,000ft(bs)        -15% "        -15%"       +20% "         "             +15% "

(bs)= below sea level

With this you would have to be able to attack disabled empires, and suicided empires that still have land.
Current Empires:

Scarwake

Well, I'm not gonna be too picky on this, but I'd rather not see the Message Interface thingy that allows users to see your recent messages to others....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

RazorClaw

I'd add more troop types. We haven't had ANY new ones, not since Xepher, and it would be cool to experiment with some more. And, as for the weasel thing, Skiffs and Leaders would be able to break an army used only to repel stoats easily.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: ScarwakeWell, I'm not gonna be too picky on this, but I'd rather not see the Message Interface thingy that allows users to see your recent messages to others....
The Message Interface thing? Only you can see your messages on that..

calria

I'd like an added feature where when you look up someone on the warlord search thing, if you've ever gotten their stats, it shows the most recent stats you got, along with the date/time that they were gotten.
However, this would probably take up an insane amount of room on the servers since for some that would be a LOT of information to keep around.

You all realize that he's collecting this so that he can improve FoF or whatever, right?

Burninate

Nope, actually FaF is way beyond anything RWL will be. :P
Plus I didn't start this topic.
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

Juska

As for the weasel thing, he implied that you could do that for all units types not just stoats, and you can make 2.6 weasels for every skiff for that's like 15 def. going up against 6 off. no way a skiff is coming though, leaders are the only way, and huge amounts of rats, 2 rats for every weasel 4 up against 6 not bad, you only need 1/3 more rats then weasels.(thats taking into account the upgraded rats on the weasels level)
Current Empires:

Checkerpaw

I was half joking when I said "You act as if this were a bad thing," but I do think that more defensive features need to be added.  The game seems to be very offensively geared/orientated, and I think it needs to be changed so that players can specialize in holding or defending land they already have, instead of just attacking and then losing land.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)