Promisance License

Started by Burninate, December 18, 2003, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burninate

Quote from: RettoI haven't replied because I don't have time to go through and refute every one of his extraneous points, but...

It makes provisions for licensed libraries. Is he saying that the GPL contradicts its self, that it says it allows licensed libraries but in fact, does not? I doubt it.
Anywho, Retto if you actually READ my posts, where in the _GPL_ does it say this.
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

IE says that the words Licensed Libraries are never even used in the GPL...
Perhaps you're refering to this

QuoteGuidelines for use of the Promisance source code included in this archive:
* Modifications of the source code must be re-distributed as a whole (unless there are licensed libraries involved
that would violate those individual license agreements to re-distribute) and must include the "CREDITS" file.
In short: If you alter the code, you have to let other people see it too.

It says any versions AFTER 4... Also, QMT obviously doesn't use the AFTER 4 version as they have no NEW LICENSE file. Also, even in version 4 PC still includes the GNU GPL...
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Dixie Ros?

There is an under-motive to this disscussion...

*sighs*
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

mice of might

I know it sounds stupid after all this stuff you guys had done to support your arguement. But my thoughts are that you should leave it alone. Meybe instead of trying your da|2ndest to make the admins look like they've done something wrong on the forums, you should calmly discuss it realisticly over IM? Instead of making it a debate, just talk to them. I think you have a better chance of getting what you want if you are on their side instead of challanging them.
If you are challanging them to prove that they need not release the source code, then they are most likely going to take the challange, and they are admins... Admins always win.
But what do I know  :P
user posted image
Love the (forum) skin your in!

John Shadeslayer

Yes, but  most of the members who think that are wrong. ha. Also, beatles is choosing selective parts of it and claiming Retto must meeet some of those parts, when the code makes provisions for licensed libraries.
SMSsoccerkid: I lost it.
SMSsoccerkid: It got eaten by evil mutants.
Chris 1 Life 0: That'll happen.
SMSsoccerkid: yea.

Boze (Admin)

Why should Retto heed the consul of someone who broke the terms of the GNU/GPL himself? Why should Retto "be in the spirit of" open source when those who use his code obviously are not? Why do you guys spend your time reading legal lisences just to open petty arguments? Sheesh.
That's me!

Juska

!The Almighty Boze has spoken!
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Dixie Ros?

Yes! He has!

(And I still want that laptop.  :ph34r: )
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"

Burninate

Quote from: Boze (Admin)Why should Retto heed the consul of someone who broke the terms of the GNU/GPL himself? Why should Retto "be in the spirit of" open source when those who use his code obviously are not? Why do you guys spend your time reading legal lisences just to open petty arguments? Seriously, go get yourselves girlfriends or something. Sheesh.
Because you're just as bad as them. Besides, YOU'RE SUPPOSED to read it before you put up your own game. So reading "legal licenses" is something anyone who's touched Promisance should have done already. I think that was a flame too, like that whole part where Peace made comments on Wolf being old and playing this game... you called that a flame. Seriously, since you have no idea who I am, try not using the personal attacks, ok.

QuoteYes, but most of the members who think that are wrong. ha. Also, beatles is choosing selective parts of it and claiming Retto must meeet some of those parts, when the code makes provisions for licensed libraries.

By the way, you have no idea what you're talking about John, so actually read our posts.
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

Boze (Admin)

Well, maybe if you didn't use your uber cool shared account, I could address each of you for who you are.
That's me!

Burninate

Quote from: Boze (Admin)Well, maybe if you didn't use your uber cool shared account, I could address each of you for who you are.
You don't know who any of us are. You don't know over 1/2 of this forum.

EDIT: Especially since Boze yesterday you even started the arguement with me, and also made it sound like you have nothing to do with it... if that's true why are you involved with this "petty arguement."
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

Boze (Admin)

Because you

1) Attack Retto, who is my friend
2) Attack the integrity of RWL, which I created and work for

Unfortunately, we don't have the convenience of making a little shared account to attack you from.
That's me!

Top Secret Admin Account

Wait, we can! Who are we? I bet you can't guess!

So "Veranor, The Beatles, Holby, and Nevadacow" make up "over 1/2 of this forum"? Interesting.

Burninate

Boze, I doubt you know 1/2 of the people on these forums...
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

Dixie Ros?

Okay, I'm officaly laughing. *eyebrows*

However, Burninite, this is getting petty. If you don't care, the drop it. *irate*

EDIT: OOoh. How do you know?
user posted image

Burninate

Quote from: Dixie Ros?Okay, I'm officaly laughing. *eyebrows*

However, Burninite, this is getting petty. If you don't care, the drop it. *irate*

EDIT: OOoh. How do you know?
I said  I doubt. Besides, this is getting petty? I haven't made personal attacks on any of the admins, though they have made some on us.
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.