The Strawberry Dragon

Started by Menatus, December 15, 2003, 05:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

The Strawberry Dragon
A charming tale of friendship and adventure
By Ragefur

Once upon a time, in the happy kingdom of Tiddlybookumdaisy, where everyone cleaned up their messes after them, and were as polite and well behaved as could be, there was a small town, called Inkly Dinkly. Inkly Dinkly was a happy place, where everyone washed their hands before meals, and they grew strawberries in their spare time. The strawberries that grew in Inkly Dinkly were the best in the kingdom, and nobody ate more than their fair share. The strawberries that grew in Inkly Dinkly were the best in the kingdom, and even the king would occasionally order up a batch to serve at his royal parties, to which everyone was invited, and nobody felt left out. The strawberries that grew in Inkly Dinkly actually grew in a small field outside the village, which could only be accessed via a small bridge over a fast flowing river, which the children of Inkly Dinkly never played in, because it was dangerous.

All was well in the little town of Inkly Dinkly, until one day a dragon came from far away. He stood on the bridge and prevented the happy villagers of Inkly Dinkly from getting to the strawberries.

?Roar.? said the dragon ?All these strawberries are mine, and you can't have them.? This made the formerly happy and cheerful denizens of Inkly Dinkly a bit sad.

?Oh dear,? they sighed. ?How can we get to the strawberries with a dragon in the way. There is no way that we can cross the river safely, other than over the bridge.? After a long debate, where nobody raised their voices, the villagers of Inkly Dinkly decided to send a letter to the King..

?Dear King,? the letter read ?A Dragon is preventing us from getting to the strawberries. Please send your bravest knights to frighten him away. Signed, The Once Happy Denizens of Inkly Dinkly.?

So the king of Tiddlybookumdaisy sent his bravest knights to frighten the dragon away. But alas, when they arrived and saw the dragon, they were all too scared to confront him. ?Alas, Alack.? said the formerly brave knights. ?We cannot scare the dragon away, because he is too scary. And we don't want to hurt him with our swords.?

?I have an idea.? said a small voice, and a little girl stepped forward.

?Yes my child,? said one of the knights ?What is your idea??

?Perhaps,? said the little girl ?We should talk to the dragon, and find out why he is being so mean.?

?That is an excellent idea.? said one of the knights ?Why didn't we think of it first? What is your name, little girl??

?Mary-Ellen.?

?Well, Mary-Ellen.? said one of the knights. ?Because you are such a smart little girl, and because you had the idea, will you do us a favour? Will you go and talk to the dragon for us??

?I should love to.? said Mary-Ellen, and do you know what? That's exactly what she did, while the anxious villagers watched from the side.

?Hello Mister Dragon.? said Mary-Ellen. ?What is your name??

The dragon was taken aback, nobody had ever asked his name before. ?My name?? he said, unsure of himself. ?Is Madison.?

?That's a lovely name!? said the little girl.

?Thank-you.? said the dragon, bashfully.

?I just have one question.? said Mary-Ellen. ?Why do you stop the formerly happy denizens of Inkly Dinkly from getting to the strawberry field??

?Because I have no friends.? said the dragon.

?I'll be your friend.? said Mary-Ellen.

?Oh will you?? said the dragon hopefully ?Come closer where I can see you.? Mary-Ellen took a few steps closer to the dragon, who snarled and burned her to a crisp with his fiery breath. ?Let that be a lesson to you.? said the dragon. ?Nobody tries to take my strawberries.? He then ate her.

The End  

~>John<~

ha, Very well written. Never trust dragons who stop you from getting to your strawberry fields.

EDIT: 1000th post, whoot.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Wow! That has got to be the best story I've ever read! LoTR has nothing compared to this!  :D

I love the happy ending!  :)  
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Menatus

Hey, no sarcasm! :P Ragey is the best writer ever.

*misses Ragefur*

calria

*cheers*

I  <3 Raggy!

*hordes strawberries*

windhound

o.O  
atleast it wasnt predictable, I dislike thoes that end where everyone lives happily ever after, but..  a story where noone lives happily ever after..  oook..  spiffy..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

baska

Yay! Go the dragon! I wonder whether mary-ellen tasted as good as chicken.....

Riverpaw

Quote from: Menatus*misses Ragefur*
Er... where'd he go?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Menatus

We all  <3 Ragey.

Ragey, well, he left this forum and RWL, but that's not what bothers me. I always talk to him on AIM, like today, but he's only online like once a month.

Burninate

Reminds me about the one about the dinos and the meteor. Ahh...
Brilliant.
And the never-ending one about laughing in the grave? *ndos*
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Sha

Heh, that's great. And definitely very Ragefur-ish. Yes. Yay for stories!

Ashyra Nightwing

Yiss! Spiffynessnessness...

w00t. Very Ragefur-ish.

RazorClaw

That was funny.  :lol:  :lol:  I wonder if Mary-Ellen tasted like KFC...

Menatus

No, I used to know Mary Ellen IRL, and I bit her once, and...no. She's the only reason I talk to Ragefur, though.

Hehe. Love the graves/worm one.

Burninate

~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."