Loamhedge

Started by RazorClaw, December 15, 2003, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

It's already out in America, so I thought I'd ask.

Ashyra Nightwing

I want a copy!

*pays $500*

calria

*hasn't read it*

I probably won't read it, either... not for a long time, anyway. College is evil, and even when I'm not in college, I don't have book money... and my Barnes and Noble gift certificate is going into a book of Redwall maps, because I wish I'd had one during QB. =D

The Lady Shael

I bought it like three days after it came out...and I'm still only half-way through. That's like four months already...I started reading it as soon as I got it, but then I got busy, and recently I started reading it again, but I had to start from the beginning, because I forgot everything...but yes, in my opinion, I think it's definitely better than Triss.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Myrhakel

I had to force myself to finish it. It was better than Triss in my opinion but it was still boring.
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Menatus

Loamhedge is the only reason I'm here now.

Mark

I've been to a Barnes and Noble shop, in JN.  They don't have it out up here in Canada yet, thought...Jedi!? wants it...
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ashyra Nightwing

Heh.. It doesn't come out in England until March or something..

Scarwake

O.o I didn't even know it was out....*feels dumb*  

Oh well...I still have yet to finish Triss, such a boring plot...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Lord Nightstripe

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

Thought-provoking. I thought is was sad, but interesting when Sarobando and the other otter died. Sorry, I am bad with names. But, interesting. Not as good as Outcast or Bellmaker or Redwall.

[Just added a spoiler warning, some people wouldn't want to know that yet.]
Lord Nightstripe
Brockhall Founder and Leader
Starter and Part-Author of the longest RPG in TSOR existence, Lord Strongpaw the Rock
3 Kills, Alcky the Alcaline, Yellow Eyes, Someone on the Rampage
Administrator at one site. Moderator at four sites.

"The summers die, one by one. How soon they fly, on and on."   -Jean Valjean in Les Miserable

user posted imageuser posted image

Scarwake

Ah, now because you told some of us a little about the the book, its making me want to go read it...

Do not beat me silly if some of my spelling is incorrect, I don't have my glasses on nor do I have my contacts in at the moment.  So, things seem to be a bit blurry, really really blurry....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Badrang the Tyrant

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingI want a copy!

*pays $500*
Silly Ashyra.  *takes Ashyra's money and gives her a copy his that he got for $20*  There you go!

I want to read it really bad, but Christmas is delayed until the 3rd or 4th at my grandparents house...

General Austin

It would have been much better if there was more opposition to the redwallers and stuff. I mean, one huge badger carrying a great whopping bow could take out at least triple the amount that beseiged redwall. I always love to read the ending battles, so that was kind of a disappointment for me. Other than that, it was great! I loved the fight with Sarobando and Bragoon against billions of weasels and stoats!
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Aqualis

I still have yet to buy it.

The best ending battles were in Redwall and The Long Patrol.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Ashyra Nightwing

I agree with that.. The Long Patrol has the best battle out of those two, in my opinion.