What is the best race to choose?

Started by Orcrist, December 11, 2003, 09:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

Ashyra? Using *gasp* skiffies?
How amazing!
:P  :P  :P  

DRE

wildcat is the best because of pressgang and the great bonuses.  They are nice and simple
I'm Comin' straight outta Compton
~DRE~
aka DMX

Ashyra Nightwing

yeah.. but wildcats often have huge weaknesses with skiffs..

(I'm not complaining!)

Dixie Ros?

user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Juska

Why do wildcats have huge weaknesses with skiffs? Except for cosair(sp?) wildcats can easily mass skiffs with a nice +12% training bonus(might be 16% forget).
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Ashyra Nightwing

Hehe.. Not many wildcats bother with skiffs. They can easily make other troops, so why make skiffs?

calria

But skiffies are the bestest!
(After leadersies, of course, but skiffies and leadersies together is bestestest!)

The Lady Shael

Weasel = Because I'm one.

It's pretty sad...I'm a weasel and I don't even mass skiffs...it's a storyline thing...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

My habitual stoatness is more of a storyline thing, too, since it started before the ability thingies were introduced. (Academy is beautiful, though... it's what keeps me true to my stoatness!)

Juska

I guess your right, why make anything when rats beat them all. I make a small amout of skiffs+ towers to keep out enemies.
Current Empires:

Ashyra Nightwing

I was a wildcat in the First Era for the storyline.. but I got bored of trying to make everything, and switched to skiffs in the Second Era..

David

With the wolf you can get alot of land scouting, Marten is the worst because they have 0 of everything

Juska

Sry, but your very mistaken my friend. Wolf, very bad food production, defense, and training + inspire fear pails in comparision to gold-miner. Marten +20% training :) -20% costs, +20% income -20% private market, yes everything else is bad but those bonuses are very good+ gold miner is awesome.
Current Empires:

Burninate

Unfortunately, this topic is rather useless. Each race has its own strong and weak points, but those points depend on your strat.
There is no best race, only among strats.
Wolf is undoubtedly the best for leaders. It has the best loyalty gaining multipliers, and very cheap mercs. The strat I am playing currently can not be played as effectively with another race.
Wildcat is the best for most, probably any, troop strat. Offensive and defenseive bonus, bonus on troop production, as well as their special ability to create troops.
Marten's Goldminer is of great use to a lot of people, but it has no loyalty bonuses, limiting use.

There are pluses and negatives to each race, and your strat determines what is best for you.
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

The Lady Shael

Which is incredibly obvious, the point of this poll is solely to discover what others think is the best race, not to define an absolute, "best" race.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.