What is the best race to choose?

Started by Orcrist, December 11, 2003, 09:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I choose Marten, because of Gold Mine.

- I chose the ten best (in my opinion) as that's the max # of choices allowed.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Juska

Simply Wildcat.

1. The Wildcats off. and def. bonuses help alot
2. It's training bonus is very powerful, and combined with the off and def bonuses out weighs rats and marten training bonuses
3. Pressgang, if you do go leaders with Wildcat, which I recommend you do not as wildcat is a indy civ. Pressgang is very powerful.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Retto

For attacking: Painted ones. Simply: 210%.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

wolf bite

Wolf.

You say "for most strats."  Wolf has good attack to gain land.  Low mercs for army buying strats.  Low costs to keep large armies.  Even if the magic is just longer raise defences, the loyalty comes faster and less to spend to use for leaders.  It may not be the best for any one strat, but it works well if you change strats a lot.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

calria

Stoat!

With stoat, you can mass anything you want, and leaders aren't such a big deal with the ability!

Ashyra Nightwing

Hello!

Well, Marten is nice because of the huge amounts of cash you reel in, but I like Weasel. Good O&D bonuses plus skiffses. At one time on Turbo I gained 70,000 per corsair... *evil grin*

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Shadow Knight

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Hello!Well, Marten is nice because of the huge amounts of cash you reel in, but I like Weasel. Good O&D bonuses plus skiffses. At one time on Turbo I gained 70,000 per corsair... *evil grin*
*eviler grin*
At one time on Turbo, I gained 250,000 per Corsair..

Nohcnonk

M-A-R-T-E-N

You can make lots of helpful cash, and buy troops for cheap from Mercenaries even if they are a little weak, they cost less to keep.

Juska

QuoteWell, Marten is nice because of the huge amounts of cash you reel in, but I like Weasel. Good O&D bonuses plus skiffses. At one time on Turbo I gained 70,000 per corsair... *evil grin*

Weasel have -10% Off. bonus, but if you thinks thats good.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Orcrist

Heheh- I was about to say that too. So far though, it seems Marten's barely winning.

PS- Retto, how can you get a 210% attacking bonus with Painted Ones?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Hello!

Quote from: Juska
Weasel have -10% Off. bonus, but if you thinks thats good.
Gaaahh! I was looking at MY bonuses, and I'm a Wildcat, meh... Well, still, Weasels are kewl...

Ashyra Nightwing

The offense bonus doesn't affect my strat at all.. I'm thinking of doing a new strat, which still involves skiffers.. Aus gave me an idea..