This is sad

Started by Ereptor, December 10, 2003, 12:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

This post was actually supposed to be posted under "rumor grew of a shadow"  but since i think it is a bit more general i am posting it under a new topic.  

This is so textbook.  Jealousy, resentment, namecalling, flaming, complaigning, ect.  I mean listen to yourselves.  Does anyone of you know what i am thinking? I'll answer for you. No  Do you have to participate in the story line?  No.  Do you know my plans and the reasons for my actions?  No.  Do you have a right to complaign?  Yes.  

But just listen to yourselves.  I mean this hello guy doesn't even tell us his name.  Does that tell you people anything?  The only reason i am here is because i want this game to grow.  That is the only reason i give a (Note to all: I am a fool: EDIT AD)( Note to Ad.  Instead of editing my post you could of posted something better than flaming me for say "(Note to all: I am a fool)" can i say lovely, or shucks? shesh).  Wolfbite defends you people and tells me not to be so cruel.  I don't understand why he does this because look at you people.  It's a storyline that actually puts posts on this board that is dieing by the day.  I remember when i used to get on and every topic would be posted on by many people without spamming and flaming.  This is pathetic.  I left for a whole round.  And when i came back things were not looking good.  The forums had deminished.  And the players had slowly left from the game.  Turbo seems like the only thing that has grown.  

Well you can sit here and blame me for chasing everyone away.  But people don't leave a good game.  The reason i was so mean in the dark age was because i was showing the admins, the players and everyone the holes in the game and "hoping" they would get fixed or the game would grow.  

It is not doing these things and my friend peace has just left for another game.  

I have proved myself to myself that i am a good enemy to anyone.  I am not sitting up here on a power trip.  So i suggest you people that are complaigning about a poor story line to put your money where your mouth is and start your own.  If you can't or won't help improve the game then be quite!

I believe the reason the game is falling out of favor is because the admins don't want it to grow farther than it is and the people don't either.  Both of these are decisions to be made by people personally.  So if the admins don't want to or don't have enough time/money to do this.  Then it is up to YOU the people to try to find a solution.  You not doing this is YOU casting Your vote against the growth and continuation of this game.  This only confirms the fact of some many other people trying to make their own games.  And then fighting with the admins, other players and flaming all over this forum.  

Shape up! or not it is up to you....
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Ereptor

(Note to all: I am a fool) (Note to all: I am a fool) (Note to all: I am a fool) (Note to all: I am a fool) (Note to all: I am a fool)

heh i just wanted to see what words replace my words above.

EDIT

2. Only Redwall type insults are allowed.

Is telling everyone i am a fool because a broke a rule not breaking a rule itself?  This is pathetic.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

General Austin

So, what you are saying is that you re-wrote an old storyline to get the game to grow? Bah! If you wanted the game to grow, then please put up some banner ads somewhere, or something that will attract players to the game. I do agree that basically the only thing growing on RWL is Turbo, but that really can't be helped. The turns come so slwly in Regular that it's kinda hard to like that better than a faster-paced game, with no political restrictions.

The thing I am angry about is that you are setting yourself up as an evil Sauron-guy for the second time, with all the same stuff going on as in the last one, excepting the fact that Kilk was the good guy last time. Now, if you have read my posts, and many of the other posts made by forum-goers, (Note, I said many, not all.) we did not accuse you of not being a good player. We ARE annoyed that you are trying to re-live an old, dead topic.

QuoteThe reason i was so mean in the dark age was because i was showing the admins, the players and everyone the holes in the game and "hoping" they would get fixed or the game would grow.

First off, showing the game-members all the holes in the game will not help the game grow, nor does filling the top ten with your cronies and smashing anyone who gets higher than Rank 15 help it grow.

QuoteI believe the reason the game is falling out of favor is because the admins don't want it to grow farther than it is and the people don't either. Both of these are decisions to be made by people personally. So if the admins don't want to or don't have enough time/money to do this. Then it is up to YOU the people to try to find a solution. You not doing this is YOU casting Your vote against the growth and continuation of this game. This only confirms the fact of some many other people trying to make their own games. And then fighting with the admins, other players and flaming all over this forum.

Shape up! or not it is up to you....

So, the only way we can get members into the community is by making up storylines? I agree that it is fun to have them, and that it might keep some players who were thinking of leaving from leaving, but it is not a very vital point. I actually agree also that Retto doesn't really want the game to expand at all in the number of players, because he has way too many things on his hands already.

May I tell you, Ereptor, that MORE stupid flaming has been caused by people posting about how the forum needs to shape up, or how stupid it's gotten over time, or people just going along with the crowd, than there has been over most anything else?

Try to post kindly, make banner ads, WELCOME the newbies, and then maybe it will be a better place to have fun in. But posting posts complaining about the state of the forums does nothing to help. In fact, it ruins our chances of getting new people in the forums, because you are stating out loud that the forum is dying. Who would want to stay in a dying and/or dead forum?

P.S. Ereptor, please use capital "I" in your future posts. You don't need to, but it helps me to understand your post much better. Thanks!

P.P.S.  I actually WOULD write a storyline, but I am busy (In the middle of a school year) and I am in no position of In-game power to do anything even remotely on a large scale.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Shadow Knight

I agree Aus about the crushing the top 15. That is part of the reason I left is because it wasnt fun with Ereptor ruling and crushing everyone in his path it got really old after a while :ph34r:  

calria

To say that one is a fool is a reflection on actions, not on basic character. Also, you will note that the word fool has the possibility of being used well and often in the Redwall series, whereas other words do not.

And Ereptor, as you just stated, you haven't been around for an era. Things have changed around here. Some of these changes are for the worse, some are for the better, and some are just change, without being either good or bad.

We don't talk as much about in-game storylines. Big whoopdee-deedle-doo. Boards aren't dead. The post number per day, I believe, has even gone up. You're just upset because maybe the reasons why you liked to come here have been taken down from what's primarily on the forums. Deal with it. We have.

Ereptor

Ok aus.  Points taken.  

Except that showing holes in the game WILL help the game grow.  That is why we have a bug forum for that very thing.  

I agree no one wants to be in a dead forum.  But it is dieing.  We can't ignore it.

And third did you ask me if i had tried to recruite people?  No.  In fact i have very much tried to invite people from other games.  

Also i did not say storylines was the only way to bring change.  

And have i done anything to those against me?  Except orcrist?  No.  So quite complaigning.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

General Austin

QuoteAnd have i done anything to those against me? Except orcrist? No. So quite complaigning.

QuoteDo you have a right to complaign? Yes.

I'm confused.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Ashyra

Quote from: EreptorOk aus.  Points taken.  

Except that showing holes in the game WILL help the game grow.  That is why we have a bug forum for that very thing.  

I agree no one wants to be in a dead forum.  But it is dieing.  We can't ignore it.

And third did you ask me if i had tried to recruite people?  No.  In fact i have very much tried to invite people from other games.  

Also i did not say storylines was the only way to bring change.  

And have i done anything to those against me?  Except orcrist?  No.  So quite complaigning.
*prods*
RWL is not dying! RWL is alive, and very well living! Don't say that..
*kills low post count*

Orcrist

Umm- maybe you weren't around about 1 month after this game started, but RWL is indeed dying in comparison- about 50 or so odd players who used to play no longer do. That's alot.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Menatus

3.4 hours ago You find another warlord viewing your stats!
3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 1494 acres of land and destroyed:
291,088 Rats
You managed to destroy:
124,434 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 1004 acres of land and destroyed:
240,453 Rats
You managed to destroy:
170,659 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 888 acres of land and destroyed:
167,061 Rats
You managed to destroy:
47,262 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 658 acres of land and destroyed:
202,186 Rats
You managed to destroy:
64,641 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 330 acres of land and destroyed:
180,128 Rats
You managed to destroy:
145,809 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 1149 acres of land and destroyed:
154,916 Rats
You managed to destroy:
119,796 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 829 acres of land and destroyed:
125,274 Rats
You managed to destroy:
63,598 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 480 acres of land and destroyed:
149,393 Rats
You managed to destroy:
59,755 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 181 acres of land and destroyed:
65,511 Rats
You managed to destroy:
42,107 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 472 acres of land and destroyed:
96,996 Rats
You managed to destroy:
89,212 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 770 acres of land and destroyed:
85,921 Rats
You managed to destroy:
167,381 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 574 acres of land and destroyed:
58,087 Rats
You managed to destroy:
180,724 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 794 acres of land and destroyed:
54,941 Rats
You managed to destroy:
70,067 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 1068 acres of land and destroyed:
37,760 Rats
You managed to destroy:
116,209 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 573 acres of land and destroyed:
34,774 Rats
You managed to destroy:
114,526 Rats

3.2 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! You held your defense and your enemy was repelled, but you lost:
31,126 Rats
You managed to destroy:
210,210 Rats

3.2 hours ago Revengers of Evil (#224) attacked you! Your enemy captured 396 acres of land and destroyed:
63,516 Rats
You managed to destroy:
66,723 Rats

3 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 413 acres of land and destroyed:
67,732 Rats
You managed to destroy:
61,410 Rats

3 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 1009 acres of land and destroyed:
52,644 Rats
You managed to destroy:
62,781 Rats

3 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 600 acres of land and destroyed:
45,582 Rats
You managed to destroy:
67,564 Rats

3 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 593 acres of land and destroyed:
40,252 Rats
You managed to destroy:
57,998 Rats

3 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 915 acres of land and destroyed:
15,512 Rats
You managed to destroy:
148,674 Rats

3 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 888 acres of land and destroyed:
62,841 Rats
You managed to destroy:
42,942 Rats

3 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 462 acres of land and destroyed:
33,167 Rats
You managed to destroy:
33,284 Rats

2.9 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 417 acres of land and destroyed:
20,104 Rats
You managed to destroy:
29,062 Rats

2.9 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 531 acres of land and destroyed:
15,226 Rats
You managed to destroy:
51,141 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 493 acres of land and destroyed:
24,143 Rats
You managed to destroy:
41,633 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 486 acres of land and destroyed:
19,266 Rats
You managed to destroy:
31,275 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 693 acres of land and destroyed:
22,560 Rats
You managed to destroy:
35,935 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 374 acres of land and destroyed:
8,040 Rats
You managed to destroy:
14,192 Rats

2.9 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 305 acres of land and destroyed:
9,393 Rats
You managed to destroy:
51,097 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 441 acres of land and destroyed:
7,878 Rats
You managed to destroy:
26,674 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 617 acres of land and destroyed:
11,353 Rats
You managed to destroy:
32,097 Rats

2.9 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 499 acres of land and destroyed:
6,295 Rats
You managed to destroy:
28,000 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 528 acres of land and destroyed:
5,441 Rats
You managed to destroy:
12,066 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 454 acres of land and destroyed:
5,565 Rats
You managed to destroy:
13,619 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 329 acres of land and destroyed:
3,281 Rats
You managed to destroy:
11,889 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 152 acres of land and destroyed:
2,847 Rats
You managed to destroy:
11,227 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 476 acres of land and destroyed:
1,900 Rats
You managed to destroy:
12,250 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 196 acres of land and destroyed:
828 Rats
You managed to destroy:
15,219 Rats

2.9 hours ago Guardians of the Blade (#66) attacked you! Your enemy captured 109 acres of land and destroyed:
190 Rats
You managed to destroy:
6,491 Rats

2.8 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 403 acres of land and destroyed:
3,158 Rats
You managed to destroy:
5,519 Rats

2.8 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 159 acres of land and destroyed:
334 Rats
You managed to destroy:
1,200 Rats

2.8 hours ago Winged Shadow (#34) attacked you! Your enemy captured 352 acres of land and destroyed:
105 Rats
You managed to destroy:
739 Rats

2.5 hours ago You find Winged Shadow (#34) trying to steal your money!
2.5 hours ago You find Winged Shadow (#34) trying to steal your money!

QuoteAnd have i done anything to those against me? Except orcrist? No. So quite complaigning.

No, Ereptor, I didn't do anything against you.

It's "complaining", by the way.

calria

*growls at Tania for posting that*
We get the point. We really, really do.
*glad she isn't playing right now*

Ashyra Nightwing

Eep. That's a lot of attacking...

Your army breaks through Rilex's defenses and captures 562 acres of land! In the effort, you lost:
2 Skiffs
In their defense, Rilex lost:
119,861 Skiffs

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Quote from: Ashyra NightwingEep. That's a lot of attacking...

Your army breaks through Rilex's defenses and captures 562 acres of land! In the effort, you lost:
2 Skiffs
In their defense, Rilex lost:
119,861 Skiffs
Cripes! That's sick! What did he do to you to deserve that???
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Menatus

Quote from: calria*growls at Tania for posting that*
We get the point. We really, really do.
*glad she isn't playing right now*
What's that mean?

Blackeyes

Heh, three cheers for Ereptor!
Hip Hip Horray!
Hip Hip Horray!
Hip Hip Horray!

... lol Buh Bye
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....