Redwall Books

Started by calria, December 02, 2003, 10:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

I'm trying out for the openings at Terrouge, so I'm writing an article that relates to this... Could you all please vote, and then perhaps tell which books you've read, or if you haven't, then how you got here without knowing Redwall... and maybe how the amount of Redwall books you've read has effected your experiences on the ROC.

Thanks!

The Lady Shael

Ooh, trying out for Terrouge? Good luck! I own them all, and read them all. Except for the last half or so of Loamhedge...

Well, let's see, if I didn't read the books, I wouldn't be here in the first place. Physically and spiritually speaking...there wouldn't have been any such thing as the Redwall Database, and no one would've known Jessie Oakshade, or Shael Varonne. And you can imagine what a lonely and depressing world /that/ would be....
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

*pokes Shael*
Can I quote that bottom bit? I need viable quoteness... lol

Sha

I've read and own them all except Loamhedge. Yay for waiting for books to paperbackify. And yes, paperbackify is a real word.

*nods solemnly*

As for it affecting my experience in the ROC, I'm not exactly active in the ROC, so reading the books doesn't have much of an effect. However, if I hadn't read the books, I would have never looked for the ROC; I don't think I would have even looked for it after I read only three books.

[Please excuse the complete stupidity/not-making-senseness of this post, for I just woke up, and my vocabulary is about one half of its normal self. Sorry. *edits in attempt to make it make more sense*]

calria

=P Sha.
I've only read Mariel of Redwall, Redwall, and Martin the Warrior. *runs away to cry*

Mikalae Gildar

I've read all except the ones after Lord Brocktree.  I'm kinda discouraged with Jacques now, he is getting so redundant and I've moved on to better novels...

...like Dune, LOTR, and the Illiad.
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Ashyra Nightwing

*nods* I've read them all.. Apparently, Loamhedge is better than some of his other, newer books, but I have to wait until it comes out in England to see..

calria

Ok...
bah! I need people who haven't read the books to come in here! *sob*

Scarwake

Well, I've read all the books as well, except for the last half of Triss and then Loamhedge....

I only own 2 of the books; Lord Brocktree and Triss

Dun dun dun....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

The Weasel Liberation Mov

I've read maybe four... They aren't particularly stellar, IMHO. LoTR is much, much, much better.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Amoraq

I've read all of them except Loamhedge. I'm starting on my 2nd round.
~~Windclaw the Mighty~~

-Windpaw's Pack-

~Vuur Draak af~

Highist rank 1st

~~~Guroum~~~
Apollo 13, leader of the 13 round of turbo
user posted image

Aminrael

I've read 2 and a half (so I voted 3). Martin the Warrior, Legend of Luke, and half of Outcast of Redwall. I haven't continued reading them mainly because I started reading other books that caught my attention. I started reading them AFTER I joined RWL, though. I found RWL because my sister was in the first QB at Terrouge, so I was always checking those forums, and somehow I found out about RWL from Terrouge.

I'm not sure if reading the books has affected my experiences on the ROC...all I know is that reading Martin the Warrior allowed me to understand Aus' joke about "EulaliAARGG!" (Or at least, I think I understand it)
"JWPOINGKLGNF, she says. This is non-typical. Why she says it, we're not sure."
-Stormy

The Lady Shael

Cal: Absolutely, you can use the quote. ^_^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Riverpaw

Everything except Loamhedge and a large portion of Triss.  :D  Well, may have missed one.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Ashyra Nightwing

EualiAAARGH? That's my quote! (actually, it was Ambey's, but it's mine now..) *steals*