Congratulations

Started by bob3, December 01, 2003, 02:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob3

I'll find out the name of the idiot that tried to scout for 800 land about 500 times. Oh yes I will. And I will rip you limb from limb...well no, but I'll ban you.
At any rate, you crashed RWCenter's server. Cheers. I will move it shortly, but thanks for your contribution...
'Til then, hosting, Duels, Warbands are on hold. I will try to get everything but NoLimit back up for a while, because I've been getting poked about Duels... but bye-bye NoLimit.
PWNED!!111

Lost all hope in the human race.

Blood Wake

how did that crash the server? oh well, i was wondering what happened. it wasn't me though
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

bob3

Promisance is very badly-written. As Ragefur pointed out earlier, each turn takes 3 pages of code. So when you use 400 turns, that is a great deal of work. Now imagine for a moment asking the server to do that 500 times in a few minutes. Naturally, it crashed.
PWNED!!111

The Lady Shael

*laughs* Oh, so he really did crash your server by scouting? I was doubtful it was that at first...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ereptor

doesn't seem like he did it purposly.  any rate that is kinda funny and kinda not.  oh well.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Ashyra Nightwing

O.O

..that's a lot of scouting.

bob3

Quote12.222.211.23
Heck yeah.

* that's the IP address of the person. Please ping it to Mordor and beyond... ;)
PWNED!!111

Ereptor

your kidding right?  you think it was me?  you are mistaken...Beatles what the heck is wrong with you?
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

bob3

That's the IP to the best of my knowledge, but the folks may have been wrong. You may just have made the last 3 scouts after someone made 500.

*on that note, I have nothing better to do than hang out here until it comes back.
http://users3.ev1.net/~eekfrenzy/captionsp...rcaptionsx.html
PWNED!!111

Ereptor

I AM NOT PLAYING DUELS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

This may be the only spam i have ever done.  But i am sick and tired of people asking.  
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

bob3

Nobody asked.
And from IMing you, I found out you think I think it's you because I said 'Mordor'. For once and for all, you do not own Mordor. It's Tolkiens. It is my substitute in this context, for 'hell'.
PWNED!!111

Ereptor

Enough said.  i rather not get into a guessing game.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Riverpaw

I doubt it was intended, so asking for a voluntary denial of service attack will not solve anything. Of course, most of us did have the common sense that scouting for more than 100 times was useless, but unless you can prove he did it purposely, it simply meant he had broadband and was not too observant of the you now gain land per turn from scouting and/or was not too familiar with Promisance. Oh, and last note, not everyone has a static IP. Do a WHOIS to make sure it isn't dynamic, and make :[edit *cough*] sure it's not an AOL router/firewall or such.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Retto

He's at least somewhat familiar with Promisance - he's got one or two accounts here (I won't say which), though he's not on the forums that I know of.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Riverpaw

Quote from: RettoHe's at least somewhat familiar with Promisance - he's got one or two accounts here (I won't say which), though he's not on the forums that I know of.
I meant the inner workings and how the turns worked. php is incredibly efficient, but eventually, server load can cause nasty crashes. He probably thought that as long as he got any land at all, it would be to his advantage. Of course, there is the fact that he could've just built huts and then...
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.